[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Well, it either appears that I don't notify my target that I visited, or Retaliation has just chosen not to do so. That's fine, because I walked into TheIrishman's trap thing the night before, so he should be able to confirm my target as well. It doesn't matter to me.

Also, I have to say I'm a little surprised to hear that I supposedly voted Soft Status Quo.

I double checked, that's what my report says.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Did YOU cause it? :p

Nagh, I just couldn't actually resist making that reference about how something's obviously off there.

In all honestly, I'm not surprised that someone would have some ability to effect votes in some way given how it's a core game mechanic.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Nagh, I just couldn't actually resist making that reference about how something's obviously off there.

In all honestly, I'm not surprised that someone would have some ability to effect votes in some way given how it's a core game mechanic.

I don't get it, though. Why would it be Soft Status Quo?

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I don't get it, though. Why would it be Soft Status Quo?

If we assume that the ties had been Soft Status Quo vs Soft Pluralism, maybe someone was trying to KEEP us tied, if everyone was going to vote soft pluralism, or at least that could be the thinking of someone operating under that assumption. Maybe they discounted Ringleader Santa.

7 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

If we assume that the ties had been Soft Status Quo vs Soft Pluralism, maybe someone was trying to KEEP us tied, if everyone was going to vote soft pluralism, or at least that could be the thinking of someone operating under that assumption. Maybe they discounted Ringleader Santa.

And then they shoot iLTS?

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

And then they shoot iLTS?

It could be the same or it could be different people.  In a game like this I wouldn't be surprised if the conspiracy faction was actually quite large, but not in contact with one another, similar to how Death Note Mafia went down.  If someone did both though I still think it's a valid course of action for them if they're willing to go all in and maybe sacrifice their own chance to vote.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Actually, I question this entire scenario considering it doesn't make sense to change someones vote unless you can predict what they're already going to vote for.

Well some people seemed to have developed leanings as to what people are pretty early on.  Personally I didn't know what Cat 5 was, which is why I checked him, but maybe we should go back and look at Irish's chart.

16 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Why go for a tie when they could go for a Radical option?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

All I can think of is maybe they thought Santa was a farce and that most of us would still stack up as we'd been stacking up previously.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

All I can think of is maybe they thought Santa was a farce and that most of us would still stack up as we'd been stacking up previously.

My assumption is if someone had this ability, then they're a status quo reformer actually.

But that's assuming they didn't just randomize the result of your investigation or something like that Orange.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

This is why:

image.thumb.png.8ba3a98abd2fb7f701958a297aca6d5b.png

If the vote claims are to be believed, Shade and KY are the only outliers. If we assume one went with the plan, then the other must have voted RSQ. There have been no voteblock claims so far. This also assumes Snipe betrayed the plan, however.

Just now, Jeod said:

This is why:

If the vote claims are to be believed, Shade and KY are the only outliers. If we assume one went with the plan, then the other must have voted RSQ. There have been no voteblock claims so far. This also assumes Snipe betrayed the plan, however.

Why would iLikeToSnipe create this plan to make Soft Pluralism pass and then not vote in it? What is he going to get from stacking people on one vote?

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

This is why: 

Your missing a player...

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Your missing a player...

Ah, thanks. Correcting. And Cat5, because Snipe was a syndie. I can only assume he intended to orchestrate another tie, but when Sunflower made the RSQ bid he decided that would work just as well. Either a tie, or RSQ to inch closer to civil war.

Just now, Jeod said:

image.thumb.png.4c7dbc01d6d3e33bd6a980a3a542af81.png

Pending corrections from the players who have yet to state their votes, it's still the same. At least one of Shade and KY voted RSQ. The other did not vote for SPL.

One of those votes has to be off, unless K_Y our Cop voted for Radical Status Quo....

Just now, Shade939 said:

One of those votes has to be off, unless K_Y our Cop voted for Radical Status Quo....

What did you vote then? It couldn't have been SPL if you're accusing KY of being radical.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

image.thumb.png.55c82960e17ed0d3f073c38f807da670.png

If we do assume Snipe went with the plan, then a tie would have been caused if they both voted RSQ. This particular setup is incorrect.

Really, ILTS has to be RSQ for the observed effect (RSQ winning) to have worked, realistically.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Really, ILTS has to be RSQ for the observed effect (RSQ winning) to have worked, realistically.

Or Irish. His vote has yet to be accounted for. It's only an assumption.