[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

I did what I had to do to push us toward a status quo victory. Pluralism voters apparently had a status quo traitor working with them and they had the soft people on their side. If I wanted status quo to win the vote, I needed the radicals to support me. There was literally no other logical option than to just be totally content with losing the game.

3 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

I did what I had to do to push us toward a status quo victory. Pluralism voters apparently had a status quo traitor working with them and they had the soft people on their side. If I wanted status quo to win the vote, I needed the radicals to support me. There was literally no other logical option than to just be totally content with losing the game.

Don't worry, you just made yourself an enemy of anyone in game who doens't want a civil war in the process...

Sunflower, my victory condition is status quo through reform. I understand that status quo is the primary, but that doesn't mean I can simply ignore my secondary objective. Avoiding civil war is an urgent matter to status quo and pluralists alike, even if your secondary is through civil war. It's not written for our eyes to see, but our real primary objective is and should be to root out the abolishment party.

Treat this like pirate politics. It's all about the deals and backstabbing to ensure the end-goal of those deals go smoothly.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Sunflower, my victory condition is status quo through reform. I understand that status quo is the primary, but that doesn't mean I can simply ignore my secondary objective. Avoiding civil war is an urgent matter to status quo and pluralists alike, even if your secondary is through civil war. It's not written for our eyes to see, but our real primary objective is and should be to root out the abolishment party.

Treat this like pirate politics. It's all about the deals and backstabbing to ensure the end-goal of those deals go smoothly.

And that's why you voted radical status quo the first night right?

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

##investigate Sunflower

3 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

##investigate Sunflower

47 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

##investigate Sunflower  

gYr8WOT.png

45 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I'm actually waiting to hear from the other side of the courtroom ( @Category 5 Hurricane ) before I continue pushing for a particular course of action.

He said he had someone who could basically cover for him, but at this point I think everyone's been on that could have responded, so it appears they're choosing to remain silent about the event?

Curious why they are being silent, unless they are unaware of what occurred much as my result on Cat 5 showed.

Sunflower, what's your status? Would you be able to give gifts if investigated?

5 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Better question, would you be able to give gifts still and you would not go on strike again? ?

To be fair, does anyone actually have an day action that they could spend the extra PP on?

Unless the cost of standard day actions changes it doesn't seem like it's actually that useful at the moment.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

To be fair, does anyone actually have an day action that they could spend the extra PP on?

Unless the cost of standard day actions changes it doesn't seem like it's actually that useful at the moment.

I do, but as I protested last time, nominating someone or changing reform should take PP too, not just the first time you do it :p

23 hours ago, Nodlied said:

They feel that the country is shifting too far into one direction, which has lowered the Empire's stability.

From the Day Start post. Unhappy pluralists aside, I'm interpreting this bit as we should not go for another military reform at this time. We should agree on either political or economic and restore some stability.

I think stabilizing the economy is a good direction to take today, and it occurs to me we have yet to propose any reforms.

##reform economic

1 minute ago, FRAYDO said:

From the Day Start post. Unhappy pluralists aside, I'm interpreting this bit as we should not go for another military reform at this time. We should agree on either political or economic and restore some stability.

I think stabilizing the economy is a good direction to take today, and it occurs to me we have yet to propose any reforms.

##reform economic

I think that's actually a direct reference to how a Radical Status Quo reform was passed, so tension isn't going to increase unless a Pluralist Reform is passed this time.

Also, anyone know what the bonus for passing a military reform was?

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

I think that's actually a direct reference to how a Radical Status Quo reform was passed, so tension isn't going to increase unless a Pluralist Reform is passed this time.

Also, anyone know what the bonus for passing a military reform was?

I think ANY radical would increase tension still.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I think ANY radical would increase tension still.

I think any Status Quo reform is going to lower stability in this case, although at a different rates for each one.

Also, I need to remember the actual name for the mechanic is stability instead of tension...

Well, it either appears that I don't notify my target that I visited, or Retaliation has just chosen not to do so. That's fine, because I walked into TheIrishman's trap thing the night before, so he should be able to confirm my target as well. It doesn't matter to me.

Also, I have to say I'm a little surprised to hear that I supposedly voted Soft Status Quo.