[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

Basically everyone has the same PM template save for a few extra lines here and there for specific roles. Was meant to curb PM cheating but it ended up confirming the existence of special roles (Rockets included). Whoops.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I think that's a fair bet, but what makes you so sure?

Pikachu is only really good if type advantage is involved.  I know Sunflower likes a lot of Grass type pokemon, so odds are good her pick will resist electricity on top of that.  Of course, this is all just random guessing, but it's enough that in a vacuum I'd put odds on Sunflower.

Electric types are glass cannons, which have their uses, and since water is the most common type, they're really good as a counter.  The biggest problem is that a lot of the gen 1 electric types actually don't have that many electric moves....

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

But but, Pokemon Yellow is based on the anime, which means Electric works on anything!

Yellow is where they reduced the level at which Butterfree learns Confusion to 10, so you can have a realistic counter to Brock :P

(Or just go down the side route and get a Nidoran)

18 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

But but, Pokemon Yellow is based on the anime, which means Electric works on anything!

The real question is, if you aim for the horn, will the GM calculate it? :v

On 9/3/2018 at 3:41 PM, Jeod said:

DAY FOUR

silphco.png

Kanto News 6 here with a breaking news report! As of Day 4 of the Rocket Takeover, Celadon Task Force continues to guard Saffron Hospital. So far no protestors have been injured, but the growing crowd appears to be growing more violent. Battles have started to take place outside of Silph Co as protestors hope to clear the building perimeter of Team Rocket. Saffron Police HQ remains in Team Rocket control, for now. Police response is still severely limited. KN6 predicts that tomorrow will yield new surprises.

Today will be a single battle day!

It should be past hammer time by the way.

d4battle.thumb.png.59902174dae9cfdcb41f1cd4e0777dcc.png

Category 5 sent out Pikachu (35 HP)! 025.png

Sunflower sent out Dragonair (61 HP)! 148.png

The winner of this battle will receive a prize box plus a bonus item, in addition to a Pokecoin from the loser. The loser will receive a prize box.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Wow, only 35 HP.

So I was wrong about grass type, but Dragon does resist electric!

Correct. Both players have the option to forfeit the match should they decide to skip the calculations. At the moment it looks pretty grim for Pikachu.

Thunderbolt: Damage = ((2.4 * 90 * (50/70) /50) + 2) * ((0 + 1.5) * 0.5) = 3

Dragon Rage: 20

Pikachu would be able to deal 6 damage to Dragonair before fainting, 9-12 with critical hits. I'm inclined to play the battle out with this optimal move choice and call it right now. If there are objections, let them be known. I'll check back in periodically.

Just now, Jeod said:

Thunderbolt: Damage = ((2.4 * 90 * (75/70) /50) + 2) * ((0 + 1.5) * 0.5) = 4

Dragon Rage: 20

Pikachu would be able to deal 8 damage to Dragonair before fainting. I'm inclined to play the battle out with this optimal move choice and call it right now. If there are objections, let them be known. I'll check back in periodically.

Damage should be  significantly higher though, shoudln't it?

(2.4 * 90 * 1.07) = 231.42 / 50 = 4.62 + 2 = 6.62