[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

TheIrishman and OrangeP47 are the only two who do not have a loss. They also happen to both have powerhouses that can take down Pokemon just by tanking hits forever. Having them face each other might be ideal.

1 hour ago, Killing_You said:

I agree.

4uos-2.gif

Now just a minute. I am going to disagree with that, and for good reason. I have investigated both of them, including myself to check sanity, and they are both Trainers. Whatever Rocket lead we thought we had, Irishman and Orange are not them. These two powerhouses are now our best assets in Pokémon battles, not including Sunflower. Considering the fact that today is a double battle day, we have our Trainer selections here. Irish and Orange should not face each other from this point on.

The remaining five: myself, Shade, Sunflower, Killing You, and Category5. Our Rockets are there somewhere. To think it would be Category5 and Killing You would be -too- easy, but then these are the two currently who are eager to bring a loss to Orange and/or Irish and possibly remove a Pokémon they perceive as a threat.

Hm...I will say that I think FRAYDO is probably telling the truth and is our cop. I thought it was strange, but for the first night I only got a notification of a feeling of being watched (which I'm pretty sure was someone looking at my pokemon), but for N3 it said that I felt like someone checked my ID. I figured we had a cop, but there wasn't a need to point it out until they decided to reveal themselves.

Not happy about not being able to fight Orange though :\ Maybe one more match after the game is over.

Well, that's a development. I was beginning to wonder if having powerhouse Pokemon was somehow connected to being Team Rocket. It was a weak case, sure, but it was all I had. On top of Orange's odd insistence that there were no special night actions... *sigh* now I'm going to have to throw all of that out of the window and start from scratch.

For the record, I believe FRAYDO's cop claim. There's no way he'd come out and clear the two biggest scum reads we have. The only reason he'd do that, I think, is if one of the suspected was his scummate. I'm not sure how much stock I'd put into that right now.

As it stands for me, Killing_You is basically locked down as scum as far as I'm concerned. The only question I have remaining is Sunflower a scum member with an extra win condition, or do the secondaries only exist for town to sabotage themselves, and therefore Shade is scum?

6 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Shade, stop it. Every game you start questioning good news and it makes you look super scummy and it costs us games when we get all in a tiff about it and then it turns out you were town.

How do you eliminate a player in this game?

If you really want to entertain the idea Shade, I could very well have been looking at forged IDs. My PM reads that Team Rocket is to take over Silph Co. either through defeating all the Trainers in battle or through sneaky tactics, and if we really want to consider it - fake Trainer ideas could fall into sneaky tactics. However, I don't think we're looking at that here.

If you want something of a counter to this, investigating costs me two Pokécoins. When I had lost to Sunflower and had the one coin, I trained my new primary. The rest of the nights have been me spending my two Pokécoins, leaving me no coins to train with or teach my Pokémon new moves, so yeah for a counter you can absolutely floor me right now in battle.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

How do you eliminate a player in this game?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

By having three of their Pokemon faint in battle?

detective_pikachu_artwork_of_detective_p

That can't be right! It's not like that's in the OP or PM or anywhere.

On 8/11/2018 at 1:30 PM, Jeod said:

if half of your roster faints, you will be eliminated from the game and your role will be revealed in the thread!

8 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

As it stands for me, Killing_You is basically locked down as scum as far as I'm concerned. The only question I have remaining is Sunflower a scum member with an extra win condition, or do the secondaries only exist for town to sabotage themselves, and therefore Shade is scum?

I have to correct myself on this, because I remembered that TheIrishman's goal is to take down Shade, in which case, no matter what, scum is involved in that circle no matter what.

Given that he says he had to spend two Pokecoins to do it, technically it's possible to prevent him from using it at all.

No, at a minimum he has to get one night when he can use his ability since poke coins are saved between nights.

Pretty certain Jeod posted it in the thread, but he had a sarcastic remark about how you could save pokecoins between nights just like real money...

Or he clarified it in a PM with me when I was asking about mechanics near the game start, so he can confirm it later.

On 8/25/2018 at 4:41 PM, Jeod said:

Silly things that shouldn't need clarifying but somehow do anyway:

1) You cannot use an action more than once per rest phase. So no doubling up on the training actions.

2) You can save Pokecoins if you want to. It's a currency, saving money is a simple wisdom of life.

Yep, and here it is.

As far as counters go, there just has to be something Scum could do to mess with FRAYDO's ability, since they clearly don't have the means of eliminating a player during the night phase or even if they're reduced down to two Pokemon instead of one.

Otherwise, we have a situation where FRAYDO has managed to find the alignment of 40% of the players in game before we've even had a single player eliminated, and we've reduced the suspect pool of scum to a single nights worth of battles...

Still, worrying about how bad off it makes Team Rocket that there is a cop amongst the trainers is not something we should care about. TheIrishman has already offered a sort of confirmation, and as long as OrangeP47 can say the same, there isn't much reason to suspect FRAYDO.

The trouble for us trainers, is that we don't know who Team Rocket is and we also know they will have at least one Pokemon that is better than the rest of ours. The only way to take them out is to find them and then beat them.

Still, worrying about how bad off it makes Team Rocket that there is a cop amongst the trainers is not something we should care about. TheIrishman has already offered a sort of confirmation, and as long as OrangeP47 can say the same, there isn't much reason to suspect FRAYDO.

The trouble for us trainers, is that we don't know who Team Rocket is and we also know they will have at least one Pokemon that is better than the rest of ours. The only way to take them out is to find them and then beat them.

It's this easy to find Team Rocket, then they'd have to have some sort of serious advantage during the battle phase at the very least...