[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I thought "one of the best options" referred to your vote, not to FRAYDO.  You haven't talked about either to be fair, but yes, like I said, FRAYDO is a bit suspicious as well.

Considering what items you can get for even losing a battle, it honestly might not even be the best option to vote up a guaranteed Scum player to fight right now...

Just now, Shade939 said:

Considering what items you can get for even losing a battle, it honestly might not even be the best option to vote up a guaranteed Scum player to fight right now...

Well we'll just have to use our own items intelligently.

I mean, absent from the conversation so far, I'm up for battling again.  I'm not saying it's the best move, but I'm pretty confident I can win again.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Well we'll just have to use our own items intelligently.

I mean, absent from the conversation so far, I'm up for battling again.  I'm not saying it's the best move, but I'm pretty confident I can win again.

To be fair, if I hadn't already lost a Pokemon I'd be willing to fight myself today.

1 hour ago, Shade939 said:

How much does it matter who fights who in this situation? We put two town members in a fight, they both get items and we still won't know their alignment, we put two scum members in a fight they both get items still and still won't know their alignment, we put a town member and scum member in a fight it still comes down to RNG for who wins the fight, and they still both get items and we still won't know their alignment...

The only vote that seems to have any real consequence behind it is if it'll result in the elimination of a player from the game.

Which the only thing I'm particularly concerned about at the moment for that is any problems that might result from a town member being reduced to their last Pokemon, so suddenly Rocket pulls out some hidden ability to eliminate them during the night phase...

##Trainer Category5

##Rocket OrangeP47

As scummy as I think FRAYDO is, I still think that's one of the best options we have today...

Player Trainer Nomination Rocket Nomination
OrangeP47   Category 5
Killing_You    
Shade939 Category 5 OrangeP47
FRAYDO Category 5 OrangeP47
Sunflower    
TheIrishMan    
Category 5 Hurricane    

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm going to put FRAYDO up now too, dunno if I'll keep it there, but I don't want us to forget about him.

##Trainer FRAYDO

Player Trainer Nomination Rocket Nomination
OrangeP47 FRAYDO Category 5
Killing_You    
Shade939 Category 5 OrangeP47
FRAYDO Category 5 OrangeP47
Sunflower    
TheIrishMan    
Category 5 Hurricane    

Ok, I waited long enough to see if TheIrishman was going to pipe up on my question, but it seems as if he's hoping that I've forgotten that he's already told us.

During the combat with Sunflower and Shade, I told TheIrishman that unless he has fighting moves, it would be hard for the two of us to double up on any particular target.

On 8/30/2018 at 6:01 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Unfortunately, unless your Snorlax has a fighting move, we can't really do that. Seel is fairly ideal for taking on Rhyhorn, though, so hopefully I can make it 2v1 quickly.

On 8/30/2018 at 6:03 PM, TheIrishman said:

I do, in fact, 2.

Now, here is Snorlax's learn set.

https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/snorlax/moves/1

Clearly, Snorlax doesn't have any fighting moves in his natural learn set. Yet, he told us he had 2. How could that be? Could it be because of the two TMs he started with? He could have applied both of those on the first night and used them for this battle. Thus, to make sure he couldn't use that as a cover, I asked him first.

On 9/3/2018 at 12:15 AM, TheIrishman said:

Self-Destruct (basically useless) and Earthquake (for which I have no ground Pokemon), but why is this relevant?

I understand the feeling. One of my Pokemon is worthless as well.

Neither of those are Fighting types, I see. So where did those 2 Fighting-Type moves come from?

It's also puzzling that the only move that TheIrishman used in combat (at least that was identified) was Headbutt. There are no moves on his natural move set that are weaker. He would have had to have all 3 of the non-combat moves on his natural learn set for Headbutt to be the best one to use. This is fishy. He almost certainly was hiding what his best move is.

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

I never got a notification that it was completed. The phrasing says to defeat you but whether that's just once or until you're out of the game is unclear.

The annoying part is in all likelihood Sunflower is more than capable of backing up what your saying, and the only way to disprove your story would be to have Category 5 lose to Sunflower in a fight...

2 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Fighting moves as in combat moves, of which Snorlax has 4 possible ones >.> Headbutt, Body Slam, Double Edge, and Hyper Beam. You already know I have Headbutt, so it's your guess as to what my second one is.

Oh yes, naturally, my mistake. Clearly what was going on in this discussion was this:

On 8/30/2018 at 5:52 PM, TheIrishman said:

I'm confused, Cat5, why can't you beat vulpix? [You have a type advantage]

On 8/30/2018 at 5:56 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

0 Water moves. [So actually I don't have a type advantage]

On 8/30/2018 at 5:57 PM, TheIrishman said:

If you're able to change your move to target Vulpix, that'd be ideal, Cat5. [Because you have a type advantage and can get us to 2v1 quickly]

On 8/30/2018 at 6:01 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Unfortunately, unless your Snorlax has a [move that has a disadvantage against Rhyhorn] move, we can't really [get to 2v1 quickly by both of us attacking Vulpix]. 

On 8/30/2018 at 6:03 PM, TheIrishman said:

I do, in fact, 2 [normal moves that won't help us get to 2v1 quickly. I mean, isn't it quite surprising that my Snorlax has moves that can damage things?]

Seriously, we had been discussing type advantages in every post before that. You're going to tell me that he thought Fighting meant something other than type? Why would I think he couldn't damage things?

AND EVEN IF he really missed the plot and didn't understand that I didn't mean "Do you have moves that damage things" he has admitted that he is hiding what other move he has.

This is the part that's unfortunate that scouting doesn't tell you what moves he has, because that would the final pillar of my argument.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

The annoying part is in all likelihood Sunflower is more than capable of backing up what your saying, and the only way to disprove your story would be to have Category 5 lose to Sunflower in a fight...

That could potentially be arranged. I won't intentionally lose, but the Pokemon set as my main today is quite flawed and needs TMs to make it better, which I haven't applied yet. She may be able to take it down easily. (I swap my main every night out of precaution)

If you capitalized "F" in Fighting moves, I might've gotten the hint, but just saying fighting moves doesn't automatically make me think of the type. I haven't touched Pokémon in over 15 years. Even with normal attacks, if you include my stab bonus, then the reduced DMG against Rhyhorn wasn't terrible.

Your comment on me hiding what other move I have is silly. I already limited my other move down to 3 options, it's not like I'm overly hiding it.

22 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

You know, I'm pretty certain you would have taken less damage if Irish had used a higher damaging move...

Snorlax: 145/160 90% HP left

Seel: 37/65 HP left 57% HP left

How? I only got one hit in and it was the finishing blow. I was stuck in Fire Spin practically the entire time.

8 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

How? I only got one hit in and it was the finishing blow. I was stuck in Fire Spin practically the entire time.

The point is that's literally the only move you used the entire game though, with the possible exception of your first move, despite the fact that since you're getting stun locked it would make more sense to use your higher damaging attack on the off chance Sunflower had missed one of her fire spins on you.

I already said my other move is Double Edge, Hyper Beam, or Body Slam, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out which one it isn't and/or most likely is considering I decided to use Headbutt instead.

Double Edge - 120 power, 100 acc: A charging tackle attack. One quarter of the damage it inflicts comes back to hurt the attacker.

Hyper Beam: 150 power, 90 acc: User must recharge next turn.

Body Slam: 85 Power, 100 acc, 10% chance to paralyze the opponent.

11 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

That could potentially be arranged. I won't intentionally lose, but the Pokemon set as my main today is quite flawed and needs TMs to make it better, which I haven't applied yet. She may be able to take it down easily. (I swap my main every night out of precaution)

I'm the best trainer ever so I like my chances!