[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

27 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

So...does anybody else think we should move the day phase to 24 hours instead of 48?

I'm not opposed to adding a vote option for early hammers. I'll add it into the next day's CvC.

7 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

If everyone agrees in a day I'm not opposed.  I just think today everyone's busy for various reasons and because it's Saturday, I wouldn't want the change to be permanent.

It'd be a unanimous thing, no early hammers due to majority vote.

13 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

If the game mechanics worked like I thought, I could've healed Snorlax and then battled with him the next day. From my understanding at the time, Team Rocket would've been unable to heal. Therefore I'm not Scum. Pretty simple logic, and it would've limited our suspect pool

Yet you should have already had a PM detailing what your possible actions were and should have understood that the only way you can heal is if you have a healing item, which you only got from the prize box after the battle was over. Frankly I suspect that the reason why you thought Team Rocket couldn't heal was because you are Team Rocket and you don't have a healing action, and not knowing that town can't do that either, you thought those two things were connected. Then you had a healing item handed to you in a box with a bow on it and thought you were gifted a way to "prove" that you aren't Team Rocket.

For the record, I did the math, and assuming Headbutt is the best move his Snorlax has, I could beat him. But I'd have to be lucky. I can out damage him by a good margin but he has too much HP. The trouble is, it's hard to imagine that he doesn't have a better more than Headbutt. And if he has Rest, well. Fuck.

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yet you should have already had a PM detailing what your possible actions were and should have understood that the only way you can heal is if you have a healing item, which you only got from the prize box after the battle was over. Frankly I suspect that the reason why you thought Team Rocket couldn't heal was because you are Team Rocket and you don't have a healing action, and not knowing that town can't do that either, you thought those two things were connected. Then you had a healing item handed to you in a box with a bow on it and thought you were gifted a way to "prove" that you aren't Team Rocket.

The reason I said there was some confusion between me and Jeod was because Heal wasn't in my PM, which is what I mainly asked him about. Not sure if I'm able to delve into the details of the PMs so I'll remain quiet on what exactly was said, but I changed the phrasing to something he could easily mod confirm without having to worry about basically confirming me as Town in the process.

Clarification: Stat-modifying moves like Agility and Swords Dance may be used three times in a battle, just like the original games. Obviously, base form Pokemon will want to be cautious since in Gen1 such moves weren't typically found until the player had a few evolutions.

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I've been meaning to ask, I don't know what I said that made you think I was defending TheIrishman.

You had a comment about being much more willing to let his behavior slide after he announced his rival status.

Right, still probably going to be a bit busy for this next battle phase, but putting KY and Orange in a fight isn’t exactly going to do much other than actually give them a shot of beating some of the other players in a battle later on which is probably fairly neutral over all. Allthough I’m still wondering why FRAYDO is willing to suport this plan now seeing how he objected to it during the last day phase...

##Trainer OrangeP47

##Rocket Killing_You

Regardless, unless we can determine if these players are Scum or not, there isn’t any real benefit to preventing them from grabbing items.

Keep a list of these seeming inconsistencies and examine future days ;)  I'll fully admit, today's day is not very exciting, we seem to have consensus, etc, but I do think we picked up on a few things that will become fodder for discussion on future days.

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

##Trainer OrangeP47

##Rocket Killing_You

@Killing_You and @OrangeP47 appear to be slated for battle today. If it helps with time, KY, I can do an early hammer and get this battle going. It doesn't look like things will change within the next 6 hours.

Player Trainer Nomination Rocket Nomination
OrangeP47 OrangeP47 Killing_You
Killing_You OrangeP47 Killing_You
Shade939 OrangeP47 Killing_You
FRAYDO OrangeP47 Killing_You
Sunflower    
TheIrishMan    
Category 5 Hurricane    

Just now, Jeod said:

@Killing_You and @OrangeP47 appear to be slated for battle today. If it helps with time, KY, I can do an early hammer and get this battle going. It doesn't look like things will change within the next 6 hours.

Player Trainer Nomination Rocket Nomination
OrangeP47 OrangeP47 Killing_You
Killing_You OrangeP47 Killing_You
Shade939 OrangeP47 Killing_You
FRAYDO OrangeP47 Killing_You
Sunflower    
TheIrishMan    
Category 5 Hurricane    

I actually would assume he'll be on later, as opposed to sooner.  Probably in the thick of things right now.

Actually, my GM's on vacation this weekend, so barring some grocery shopping I'm free all day today. If we play, it'll be tomorrow during the Rest Phase.

Regarding Snorlax, I might have a Pokemon that can handle that. I'll have to double check before we move in that direction though, because I don't want to say one thing and get my ass kicked.