des1206

Yak vs Hind

For those who have played Siege a decent bit, what do you think of the different roles these two Soviet air units occupy? Do you feel one eclipse the other? Or do they complement each other?

Edited by des1206

The Hind is better at dealing with Infantry, in my opinion. Sadly, you don't see much of this on Siege. Being that the map is very large, normally you won't ever see infantry leave the base without a vehicle.

The Yak is a good poking unit. Being able to do a quick strafing run over a large amount of players is key. Again, not really seen too much on Siege. On Guard Duty, the bridge choke point is perfect for it.

I'd say they both have the right roles right now. Tweaking will be needed once the MiG comes into play, more than less likely. 

I like the yak personally because it's does a lot more damage to enemy units and it has a lot less spread than the hind in my opinion and I always take down enemy infantry in a yak on siege and it's quite fun UNTIL I KEPT GETTING RAMED BY AN APACHE ATTACK HELI it was very annoying but my new profile gif is not ,and if your wondering hank went on a huge killstreak  killing those little kids and making them mad in Fortnite as you see here anyway I digress. Have a nice day people and don't let your mother rate Fortnite T for teen simply because you didn't do you're home work and they also say cartoon violence is teen rated now because why not so get your 4 year old off of cod and have good night folks I really hope you do.

Edited by thedisclaimitory

On 9/4/2018 at 10:17 PM, thedisclaimitory said:

killing those little kids and making them mad in Fortnite as you see here anyway I digress. Have a nice day people and don't let your mother rate Fortnite T for teen simply because you didn't do you're home work and they also say cartoon violence is teen rated now because why not so get your 4 year old off of cod and have good night folks I really hope you do.

Are you ok?

I see soviet air units like this

Yak - kills infantry and buildings

Hind -  A flying tank with machine gun able to hold a position and responce to ambushes 

MiG - fast moving tank killer

The Yak is pretty hard to master, and it take me usually a min of 2 runs before I can kill an infantry, which is also pretty hard to spot going at that speed. 

I don't suppose we can give the Yak pilot some kind of infantry maker and/or a more forgiving turret angle?

But being hard to see is kinda one of the big points of being infantry. Do Allied infantry really need even more of a hard time than they already have?

I don’t know about that Pushwall; allied infantry only get grenaded, burnt, shocked, V2 exploded, mammoth tank missiled, Yak hit, or hind demolished (honorable mention MiG missiles).

More like poor soviets they get hit with pistols, rifles, shotguns, sniped, M60, Rocket soldier missiles, MP5, artillery, or phase missiles. Notice the allies have 9 ways to kill soviets; unlike the soviets with 8 ways to kill the allies.

Edited by Raptor29aa

I don't remember removing pistols, rifles, shotguns, snipers, PKM from the Soviets. Or giving Allies shocks/volkovs which would make a lack of Soviet anti-infantry options troubling.

The game doesn’t need to be made any easier than it already is. The Yak doesn’t need anything to make infantry be highlighted. Allies already struggle enough if early rushes don’t work. 

It can be a bit tough to line up a shot on infantry with the Yak, but if you do, that infantry will be lucky if they survive. A good pilot is already a presence on the battlefield; the Yak doesn't need any additional help.