[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Shade is always Shade. Teammate or not, I don't think his MO changes. I'm not even really sure he changes how he plays. He's always fishing and always making assumptions that make him look like he knows things he shouldn't.

It does help that my assumptions do tend to actually be correct, such as what happened to Jeod when he went to investigate.

8 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Shade is always Shade. Teammate or not, I don't think his MO changes. I'm not even really sure he changes how he plays. He's always fishing and always making assumptions that make him look like he knows things he shouldn't.

That's what is holding me back from calling for his sacrifice to the altar of Lord Psyduck.

An idea I considered for the training situation, is a sort of auto-balance effect, where if a player has lost a pokemon, they get extra training for free to help them get their remaining roster back up to speed quicker. Maybe limit the extra training to the number of training sessions the fallen pokemon had taken. Still no more than 10 levels per pokemon per night, though. Putting all eggs in one basket should still hurt.

Allowing us to just spend multiple coins on training might work, too, but I suspect that might cause issues for how Orange balanced the NPCs against us.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

An idea I considered for the training situation, is a sort of auto-balance effect, where if a player has lost a pokemon, they get extra training for free to help them get their remaining roster back up to speed quicker. Maybe limit the extra training to the number of training sessions the fallen pokemon had taken. Still no more than 10 levels per pokemon per night, though. Putting all eggs in one basket should still hurt.

Allowing us to just spend multiple coins on training might work, too, but I suspect that might cause issues for how Orange balanced the NPCs against us.

I've been considering something like this.  I've called it the Exp Share plan.  There are still a few speedbumps and stuff though so I've not settled on anything just yet.  My self imposed deadline is hammer tomorrow, so there's plenty of time.  I'll probably brainstorm in the shower later or something.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I've been considering something like this.  I've called it the Exp Share plan.  There are still a few speedbumps and stuff though so I've not settled on anything just yet.  My self imposed deadline is hammer tomorrow, so there's plenty of time.  I'll probably brainstorm in the shower later or something.

Except for that thing we need to vote on before hammer. :p

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Rule changes should not affect decision making, and will be adjusted to prevent gaming the system.

I believe the word is called balance changes, which quite clearly do effect decision making.

If there's less of a penalty to losing a level 20 Pokemon, then one would be more willing to actually risk that Pokemon today.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

You're just going to have to do your thing and hope for the best.  If anything completely unfair happens I'll compensate the relevant parties, but you should keep your IC thinking separated from OOC.

Try not to let Shade worm his way into a freebie.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Wait, I can make it worse, did you also forget about this?

226-Mantine.png

Never liked mantine that much. Tbh, I don't think I really used pokemon you fished for in G/S all that much. Came kind of late in the game.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Also, I don't think we've really have much more to talk about than we did day one so far...

Nope. It's really down to deciding if I fight sunflower or we space you.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Retaliation has been eliminated from the game.

Mechanically. Mantine's cute, but compared to this? 16eca25871c42b97d4a419ff8f905fe9--art.jp

Just now, Sunflower said:

Pretty much the only thing we learned is investigations are hard.

I think there might be some hints to alignment in hindsight, but it's hard to tell at this stage.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Mechanically. Mantine's cute, but compared to this? 16eca25871c42b97d4a419ff8f905fe9--art.jp

I think there might be some hints to alignment in hindsight, but it's hard to tell at this stage.

Eh, that's an acceptable answer.  I'll let you live, for now :p  TBH I don't really fish either, and when I do, I'm typically looking for shiny magikarp (I have great luck with it).

Just now, Retaliation said:

Now I have the urge to check out the shinies I caught in Sun before I stopped playing.

I caught a shiny magikarp the day after I decided to upload Crystal's red Gyrados to my pokemon bank, figuring even if it's the only story shiny, it still counts as a shiny.  It was the first ever shiny I got legitimately, after years of play, and I feel as if my luck was wasted on getting a duplicate.

In Jeod's case, if he loses two Pokemon he has to watch out for any sort of surprise attack.

But when you're sitting at three Pokemon on the other hand, and there's such a large aware for winning...

Regardless of your alignment, it should be in anyone's best interest to actually try to win a battle.

10 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I caught a shiny magikarp the day after I decided to upload Crystal's red Gyrados to my pokemon bank, figuring even if it's the only story shiny, it still counts as a shiny.  It was the first ever shiny I got legitimately, after years of play, and I feel as if my luck was wasted on getting a duplicate.

My first was from the egg in crystal that has a high chance of being a shiny (tyrogue). I don't think I really understood what happened other than it was blue. I believe my first randomly found shiny was wingull in sapphire. Again didn't really understand importance. Then my friend roped me into shiny hunting around ORAS.

12 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

Not saying he should battle, but it still might be nice to know. And the other three chickens haven't let us know either. :p

Calling them chickens is an insult to my team of chickens!