[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

TBH I wasn't going to allow two votes per category, but I suppose it makes sense for double battle days.  Note, your votes aren't linked, so a vote for "Jeod-KY" is two seperate votes.  For example, Jeod might win, but KY not, counting from those votes.

CVC

Jeod and Killing_You lead for trainers

No one leads rocket

Valid investigation zones:  None

Current Active players

1.  TheIrishman - no votes

2.  Jeod - Jeod and Killing_You/trainer

3.  Retaliation - no votes

4.  Shade939 - no votes

5.  Killing_You - no votes

6.  Brigitte - no votes

7.  Cat 5 - no votes

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

TBH I wasn't going to allow two votes per category, but I suppose it makes sense for double battle days.  Note, your votes aren't linked, so a vote for "Jeod-KY" is two seperate votes.  For example, Jeod might win, but KY not, counting from those votes.

Are they for the same category? My assumption is that's a Trainer/Rocket vote still?

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Are they for the same category? My assumption is that's a Trainer/Rocket vote still?

I interpreted that as same category, and that appears to be correct now with confirmation.  If Jeod wanted KY rocket it's his own fault for formatting it wrong.

Alright, brace yourselves for a semi-long analysis post. First, I’ll compile the claimed Pokémon rosters from yesterday:

Retaliation

TheIrishMan

Shade939

Jeod

Psyduck

Wobuffet (exchanged for egg)

Phanphy

Cyndaquil

Skarmory

Magikarp

Delibird

Miltank

Houndoom

Lapras

Venonat

Jolteon (Brigitte “confirms”?)

Natu (Brigitte “confirms”)

Exxeggute

Heracross

Heracross

Porygon

Eevee

Snorlax

Lapras

Togepi (exchanged for egg)

Abra

Poliwag

Voltorb (exchanged for egg)

Brigitte

Category 5 Hurricane

Killing_You

Pidgey

Scyther

Sunflora

Scyther

Seel

Onix

Pikachu

Ratatta

Sandslash (Brigitte “confirms”)

Vulpix

Hitmonchan

Magikarp

Pidgey

As we know, the first investigation revealed that at least one of the scum has a Scyther. This investigation was performed by Killing_You. Since investigations are essentially the cop function of the game, does this mean that we can expect “insane” investigation results (the reported Pokémon is actually part of a Town roster)? It’s a valid question, and such a mechanic probably exists. However, Killing_You is almost certainly town. Why?

The second investigation revealed that at least one of the scum has a Voltorb. This is particularly interesting because Voltorb is pretty unique, and I’m definitely not scum. But more on the Pokémon Report later. A smaller tidbit of the second investigation that nobody caught was that Meowth defected from Team Rocket and joined Killing_You. Reread that sentence. Meowth defected. As in, the second investigation—which is the cop role in this game it seems—confirmed that Killing_You is Town.

What’s this mean, then? It means that the Pokémon Reports from both investigations are 100% accurate. This would appear to implicate Brigitte, Category 5, and myself and possible suspects. However, let’s go back to see what Mr. Pokémon had to say about Team Rocket: “they even contracted me to provide rare and valuable eggs”. That’s interesting, and explains why we don’t have a claim for our mysterious egg-giver.

Players who are given an egg at night are asked to either dispose of the egg or replace one of their Pokémon with it. The egg hatches the following night if it’s kept. But what happens to the disposed Pokémon? Is it discarded from the game, or is it “traded” for the egg?

From my point of view, there are two possibilities: one, that a player is lying and has/had a Voltorb, or more likely—that Team Rocket scum didn’t start with a complete roster of Pokémon and traded eggs to build their roster. There are some quotes to back the second supposition up, and I’ll follow up this theory with those quotes in a bit to point to our Rocket suspects.

Funnily enough, I remember you trying to ignore this possibility before today.

On 3/3/2019 at 1:08 PM, Shade939 said:

So, am I the only one asking what the person passing out the eggs is getting out of this ability?

On 3/3/2019 at 1:20 PM, Jeod said:

Well whoever it is isn’t scum. Probably neutral or tp. Either way town shouldn’t be asking such questions right now.

Just now, Jeod said:

Go back a page and read the investigation results.

I'm not denying that Mr. Pokemon is the one giving out eggs. I don't believe that scum is giving out eggs and building a roster that way. Strange men going around and distributing legendary pokemon eggs in exchange for crappy lvl 10 pokemon is no basis for a system of government a bad deal

Just now, Shade939 said:

Well, on the plus side we can be fairly certain that Brigitte is scum at least, this is not the game where you can claim to be a Cop, when it's pretty obvious what the cop role is for this game...

It was only obvious to you when I explained it bluntly, you degenerate.

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Yeah that came off harsher than I intended.

I don't think brigitte claimed cop though, Just scouted out a players highest level pokemon. A tad scummy, but I don't know what everyone else's role looks like.

22 hours ago, Brigitte said:

Based on investigation results.

Also. Insane cop? :D

I think this is an obvious claim.