[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

Well crap...I'm still feeling a solid read on Retal considering how he was trying to plan with Jeod to take down KY.

Really only Cat5 or Shade. The extra 10 levels on MewTwo along with Brigitte's report points to MewTwo either getting double training or starting at a higher level. Considering Brigitte's Town, it points more towards Cat5 being Scum.

As for Shade, I'm just having trouble believing the Doctor to be Scum, especially since it counteracts the whole 50% dmg and his Snorlax actually was damaged.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Well crap...I'm still feeling a solid read on Retal considering how he was trying to plan with Jeod to take down KY.

Really only Cat5 or Shade. The extra 10 levels on MewTwo along with Brigitte's report points to MewTwo either getting double training or starting at a higher level. Considering Brigitte's Town, it points more towards Cat5 being Scum.

As for Shade, I'm just having trouble believing the Doctor to be Scum, especially since it counteracts the whole 50% dmg and his Snorlax actually was damaged.

In all fairness, you've already won if you're Rocket, and you've probably already won if you're Town either.

Only reason I woulnd't just go ahead and end the game now is because I don't know if Ho-ho could be targeted by Rocket night actions.

The way I see it, Scum has two choices. Either try to do 50% dmg to my Ho-Oh twice and hope it doesn't get healed (though I have plenty of healing items), which might happen since you said they can roleblock or that it gets taken out in battle. Or hope that I eliminate everyone else first before fighting them in which case they'd probably hit me before the battle so that I'd have to fight with 50% health. That's assuming they don't have any other sort of shenanigans to pull off.

13 hours ago, Shade939 said:

In all fairness, you've already won if you're Rocket, and you've probably already won if you're Town either.

Only reason I woulnd't just go ahead and end the game now is because I don't know if Ho-ho could be targeted by Rocket night actions.

Yeah, I literally cannot kill a Pokemon with 154 base special defense. Nobody has any rock type pokemon to exploit the 4x weakenss either.

Day 15

This investigation has been going on so long, it's getting into fall and winter!  The days are getting shorter.  From here on out all days are only 24 hours long!

CVC

No one leads for trainers

No one leads for rocket

Current Active players

1.  TheIrishman - no votes

2.  Retaliation - no votes

3.  Shade939 - no votes

5.  Cat 5 - no votes

@Retaliation, unless you can possibly beat a Ho-oh today, I don't think there's really anything to discuss at this point in the game.

Ho-oh can learn Recover for one of it's moves, which combined with it's defenses and HP pool means it's can pretty easily avoid being focused down anyways. Especially if Irish can heal during the night anyways even if you can land a decent in for more than 100 damage before dieing.

There's really not much to discuss when Irish has such an overwhelming advantage because of his Legendary basically giving him something along the lines of lynch immunity.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

@Retaliation, unless you can possibly beat a Ho-oh today, I don't think there's really anything to discuss at this point in the game.

Ho-oh can learn Recover for one of it's moves, which combined with it's defenses and HP pool means it's can pretty easily avoid being focused down anyways. Especially if Irish can heal during the night anyways even if you can land a decent in for more than 100 damage before dieing.

There's really not much to discuss when Irish has such an overwhelming advantage because of his Legendary basically giving him something along the lines of lynch immunity.

Agreed. Basically have to hope that cat5 is scum.

##nominate Irish

##Rocket cat5

##earlyhammer

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Agreed. Basically have to hope that cat5 is scum.

##nominate Irish

##Rocket cat5

##earlyhammer

I mean, if we can have an even earlier hammer than tomorrow, then I'm actually willing to vote for it also. :p

14 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I'm about as checked out on this game as Jeod was.

9 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

To be fair, I think we're all just really going through the motions at this point.

I will certainly brainstorm with Orange on how the matter of game length can be addressed for PokeMafia 3. I don't plan on hosting another battle-style game until it is.

19 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I will certainly brainstorm with Orange on how the matter of game length can be addressed for PokeMafia 3. I don't plan on hosting another battle-style game until it is.

The obvious problem is how everyone has three lives, so even a seven player game is effectively considered to have 21 players in it instead.

If you don't want to overhaul the base game mechanic, it would make sense to change the victory conditions instead, so you can win the game by completing some objective instead of having to eliminate something like 18 players before the game could end.

CVC

Irish (2) for trainers

Cat 5 (2) leads for rocket

Current Active players

1.  TheIrishman - no votes

2.  Retaliation - Irish/trainer, Cat 5/rocket

3.  Shade939 - Irish/trainer, Cat 5/rocket

5.  Cat 5 - no votes

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

The obvious problem is how everyone has three lives, so even a seven player game is effectively considered to have 21 players in it instead.

If you don't want to overhaul the base game mechanic, it would make sense to change the victory conditions instead, so you can win the game by completing some objective instead of having to eliminate something like 18 players before the game could end.

This is a good solution especially in later generations which become more hero v. villains driven.