[GAME OVER] CYOR: Nintendo Edition

Jeod

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

There has been one specific reason for why I've been able to do shorter posts this game. I've been on vacation since last Monday. Normally my big posts come around because I have nobody else to talk to.

I personally don't have an issue with length/amount of posts. But I have come to same conclusion as KY regarding the content of your posts.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

There has been one specific reason for why I've been able to do shorter posts this game. I've been on vacation since last Monday. Normally my big posts come around because I have nobody else to talk to.

^ Meta change due to IRL conditions.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I don't mind linking to specific posts from previous games--just keep in mind that different games mean different mechanics so shouldn't really be used as a primary basis in arguments.

Interference?

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

^ Meta change due to IRL conditions.

Also these. Meta is super flimsy and only works well as support to the current game, not as the primary point of an argument.

Regarding finding Mojoman and iLTS suspicious and him using the hammer on iLTS, we only have Mojoman's word on what the hammer does. It may not have been that big of a risk. And I did mention why I was suspicious of iLTS. For refresher, it's because he has a mask that can at least somewhat control people. I was also already suspicious of TheIrishman's absence as he was super hyped for this game. For him to noshow felt like the time he intentionally hit himself D1 so that nobody would pay attention to him.

Regarding not explaining ChopBam's excuse, I was pointing out that I had come up with one, but I didn't say it because I wanted to wait for ChopBam to come up with it himself. He never did, which is why I explained my possible theory later. However, even now I don't think that alternate theory is possible.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Regarding finding Mojoman and iLTS suspicious and him using the hammer on iLTS, we only have Mojoman's word on what the hammer does. It may not have been that big of a risk. And I did mention why I was suspicious of iLTS. For refresher, it's because he has a mask that can at least somewhat control people. I was also already suspicious of TheIrishman's absence as he was super hyped for this game. For him to noshow felt like the time he intentionally hit himself D1 so that nobody would pay attention to him.

What benefit do I and iLTS gain from me day blocking him and then not using it again since then?

Any argument involving 'distancing yourself' from your scum mate is absolutely stupid. That argument can apply to any situation then.

'Oh, Nodlied farted Mojo D1? Must be trying to distance himself from a scum buddy!'

For some strange reason I can't get on board the Cat5/Chop train, so I'm going to be looking at Mojo and iLTS today.

The main reason I'm not going straight for iLTS is that FRAYDO is vouching for him. Not that a mere read means much with iLTS, he has fooled us in the past. I also am suspicious of Majora's intentions, who in terms of character was only focused on destruction, unlike the other Zelda villains.

Town decided a few days ago Mojo was worth lynching. Then when half of him was lynched, town decided to forget about him. What happened to the line of reasoning that led to the lynch?

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

For some strange reason I can't get on board the Cat5/Chop train, so I'm going to be looking at Mojo and iLTS today.

The main reason I'm not going straight for iLTS is that FRAYDO is vouching for him. Not that a mere read means much with iLTS, he has fooled us in the past. I also am suspicious of Majora's intentions, who in terms of character was only focused on destruction, unlike the other Zelda villains.

Town decided a few days ago Mojo was worth lynching. Then when half of him was lynched, town decided to forget about him. What happened to the line of reasoning that led to the lynch?

Don't forget, he's still in my top three for the remaining two scum. He'd have my vote if Cat5 weren't looking so scummy. I don't think I'm the only one who's thinking this way.

14 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Okay, that's fair.

5 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Regarding not explaining ChopBam's excuse, I was pointing out that I had come up with one, but I didn't say it because I wanted to wait for ChopBam to come up with it himself. He never did, which is why I explained my possible theory later. However, even now I don't think that alternate theory is possible.

This, however, isn't. You seem like you're putting the gas back on the Chop train now that the spotlight is on you.

3 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

For my part, a couple things. One, I don't like the idea of scum having a lynchproof, even if it's one time. Two, I can't rationalize the idea of a Mojo/Chop/Orange scum team, and since you're looking scummy, I'm discounting Mojo for the moment. I could see a scenario where a scum has a one-time lynchproof due to a reduced team size, but a Mojo/Orange only team makes no sense. That would assume that you're town and you blocked Orange N1, and we know Mojo blocked Shade, so there was no way either of them killed Verti in that circumstance.

You guys keep saying I've been letting off on ChopBam, but you're just misreading what I'm saying. Just because I talk about alternate possibilities doesn't mean I'm letting up on suspicion. I ask questions to gauge my suspect's answers. ChopBam has consistently been falling short of my expectations for what he should be saying, and I've specifically said that multiple times.

17 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

For my part, a couple things. One, I don't like the idea of scum having a lynchproof, even if it's one time.

Ignoring the 1-Up as a lynchproof for me, I do have the warp star which is a one-time lynchproof. Why would you like the idea of me having one time lynchproof and being scum, but not Mojoman?

18 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

and we know Mojo blocked Shade, so there was no way either of them killed Verti in that circumstance.

Did he? I have been missing this info [as usual]. This lends itself to a scum still alive that's not Mojo.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Ignoring the 1-Up as a lynchproof for me, I do have the warp star which is a one-time lynchproof. Why would you like the idea of me having one time lynchproof and being scum, but not Mojoman?

Items and abilities that have to be activated aren't the same as a flat-out passive, as is the case with Mojo.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Did he? I have been missing this info [as usual]. This lends itself to a scum still alive that's not Mojo.

It was stated D2.

Just now, Killing_You said:

It was stated D2.

The point wasn't to doubt you, but to have realization. The thing that makes the most sense to me is that one of the guys who's being an opportunist and pushing for me is the one we're looking for. Cat5 or iLTS. I can't puzzle out which, and I'm a bit dubious of your read on iLTS unless you have more information you're not sharing on why you think he's a townie.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

I'm a bit dubious of your read on iLTS unless you have more information you're not sharing on why you think he's a townie.

There isn't. I've been iffy on him most of the game, but right now FRAYDO trusts him and I trust FRAYDO. I've also liked how his cases have been built today.

3 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

The point wasn't to doubt you, but to have realization. The thing that makes the most sense to me is that one of the guys who's being an opportunist and pushing for me is the one we're looking for. Cat5 or iLTS. I can't puzzle out which, and I'm a bit dubious of your read on iLTS unless you have more information you're not sharing on why you think he's a townie.

Let me get this straight... I'm one of the players who's called you out on possessing the 1-UP and given some valid reasoning for you being scum. You've also admitted that there isn't an obvious reason for you to be town and have the 1-UP. So I'm opportunist for being the primary person pushing the case against you when you have obvious evidence against you?