[GAME OVER] CYOR: Nintendo Edition

Jeod

Just now, FRAYDO said:

Mojoman also claimed he was going to detonate it N6.

I'm not sure though, the windstorm says my pass was not successful, so I don't think I can still detonate it? The text I got with it was whoever I PASSED it to I could activate it the next night to kill.

Just now, Mojoman said:

I'm not sure though, the windstorm says my pass was not successful, so I don't think I can still detonate it? The text I got with it was whoever I PASSED it to I could activate it the next night to kill.

Well now you know who received it.

20 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Third possibility, but it assumes we have 2 scum left: Scum hit fellow scum thanks to the storm, and perhaps scum cannot kill scum in this game.

Highly unlikely. A NK has to hit no matter what. Scum killing scum would have been the perfect use of the Wind Waker's redirection.

With no rapier in the game, and Mojoman's roleblock gone, the only nighttime roleblock remaining is mine, right? And that didn't happen last night. And Louis still has an action that negates roleblocks. Was there a potential roleblock action I missed?

22 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

If that's true, then either you or ChopBam performed a night kill last night as you're the only two without a verifiable alibi.

In ChopBam's defense, it would appear he did both his ability action and item action N4. He discarded his copy and destroyed the mask. Assuming the ability action is true, he has his alibi.

1 minute ago, FRAYDO said:

In ChopBam's defense, it would appear he did both his ability action and item action N4. He discarded his copy and destroyed the mask. Assuming the ability action is true, he has his alibi.

Yeah. Not saying he doesn't have a potential alibi, just one that we can't validate right now.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

Problem is that nobody else can verify that I used a discard action for my ability. What I can't figure out is 1) why alibis are necessary, seeing that no NK happened, and 2) why iLTS thinks he's exempt from such an alibi?

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

My mask was destroyed and I used the Wind Waker.

Your mask being destroyed was your ability night action? Is this verifiable?

Just now, ChopBam said:

Problem is that nobody else can verify that I used a discard action for my ability. What I can't figure out is 1) why alibis are necessary, seeing that no NK happened, and 2) why iLTS thinks he's exempt from such an alibi?

With no mask I have no actions. I was actually intending on roleblocking you last night with your own ability. Looks like destroying the mask comes first...

As for alibis, I'm trying to figure out why there were no night kills. Whichever reason it is could lead to different scum teams.

At this point, I think we've got flavor locked down and verified for everyone. With no Star Fox characters then I think the item Mojo got was completely random. Not gonna lie, I do not like game mechanics that are completely random and are not caused by players.

With that in mind, I don't think the 1-UP is something that can be used against ChopBam.

Well, I'm out of ideas. Part of me is beginning to wonder if there's only 1 scum left, but it's little more than a gut feeling. I was also going to try and see if there was an iLTS/Chop connection, but with the mask destroyed I'm tossing that out of the window. With that, I'm back to square one.

17 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

15 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

With no mask I have no actions. I was actually intending on roleblocking you last night with your own ability. Looks like destroying the mask comes first...

From what I have gathered in the iLTS masonry, iLTS cannot control the mask and the Wind Waker in the same night. We know the Wind Waker was used last night.

10 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Well, I'm out of ideas. Part of me is beginning to wonder if there's only 1 scum left, but it's little more than a gut feeling. I was also going to try and see if there was an iLTS/Chop connection, but with the mask destroyed I'm tossing that out of the window. With that, I'm back to square one.

No longer setting your sights on iLTS has originally stated?

On 7/28/2019 at 2:23 PM, Jeod said:

Items from the Nintendo franchises will appear in this game. Some players will create items to start the game with, while others will be inserted and randomly distributed by the GM. Some items will take immediate effect, while others will have the standard item actions (Use, Pass, Destroy).

Regarding the items discussion of ChopBam's 1Up and Mojoman's Smart Bomb, I just had to go back to the OP to confirm. I don't like the idea of people randomly getting items either, especially with items as incriminating as theirs, but it checks out.

1 minute ago, FRAYDO said:

Regarding the items discussion of ChopBam's 1Up and Mojoman's Smart Bomb, I just had to go back to the OP to confirm. I don't like the idea of people randomly getting items either, especially with items as incriminating as theirs, but it checks out.

At least I have the excuse of subbing in and not thinking to read it...

If only we just read the rules lol

It's no table because formatting and effort, but let's at least figure out our N4 claims.

Myself - Charmed ChopBam, got redirected, still landed ChopBam
ChopBam - Discard ability and destroyed mask, received Smart Bomb
iLTS - Attempted roleblock with mask, mask got destroyed though, used the Wind Waker
Killing You - nothing, still on cooldown allegedly, no other claims
Mojoman - started N4 with Smart Bomb, intended to pass to Louis, ChopBam received it instead
Louis - used armour again, still unknown who her intended recipient was, no other claims

All of that, and no NK. Have I missed anything?

13 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

At least I have the excuse of subbing in and not thinking to read it...

If only we just read the rules lol

Yeah, that could have saved us a lot of energy yesterday. And probably could have saved Cat5 too.

The Smart Bomb is an interesting item. For someone such as Cat5 or anyone holding the rapier, this would be the perfect weapon to kill them where a NK would fail.

Recall that items could still be passed to him.

On 9/23/2019 at 4:16 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Despite me having an item that roleblocks people that target me, I still had an item passed to me. This suggested to me at the time that passing items does not get effected by roleblocks. ChopBam's claim that he can't pass the 1-UP effectively counters that idea, however.

Absolutely no one should claim the rapier if it is in their possession.