[GAME OVER] CYOR: Nintendo Edition

Jeod

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'm just about to head to bed, so I won't be able to respond until tomorrow.

@FRAYDO I can't recall, did you get any PM stating that KY did boost you?

I wonder of the relevance of that, but yes I did get my PM notifying me of my boost. Otherwise I would have not been as confident when I contacted you anonymously.

Anyway, good night!

DrearyAliveIberianemeraldlizard-size_res
"See you tomorrow! Scum."

Unfortunately, I really don't have much time to sit down at my computer before hammer. So, I'll do what I can.

I am town and I did nothing on N3 besides force the mask back onto ChopBam. That being said, I don't think you should be looking at the N3 results on just an individual level.

While the major point of suspicion with ChopBam is gone (the 1-UP), there are still other reasons to be suspicious of him. Such as his reaction to the 1-UP accusation. I don't think we can rule out ChopBam being scum and therefore a ChopBam/Louis scum team. Unless you know something I don't, ChopBam is not cleared and while he may not be at the top of the list he's still possible scum.

So, your list should really look something like this:

• MojoMan: claims vanilla town and no NK
  • iLikeToSnipe: claims did nothing except force mask to stay with ChopBam
  • ChopBam: claims copy/block of Louis
  • Louis: claims blocked by ChopBam

Your accusation against me is based entirely on something I can't prove or disprove. There was nobody watching me that night, so all I have is my counterclaim that I did nothing. The best I can do besides that is to try and offer different possibilities/explanations. I think you are right to focus on N3 since there are so few scum team possibilities there.

Unfortunately, I haven't had enough time to follow up on most of my suspicions. What I've been doing is trying to compare what information we can know is true and what info isn't confirmed. For example, KY's abilities are verified by FRAYDO and only FRAYDO so they aren't confirmed. My mask ability was verified by Nodlied and ChopBam, so it is confirmed.

Going off of that approach, here are the scum teams that could exist. I will list the ones that include me, but I don't "case" myself so I'll leave that up to the rest of you.

• iLikeToSnipe/Louis
  • iLikeToSnipe/MojoMan
  • iLikeToSnipe/FRAYDO
  • ChopBam/Louis
    • While they're supposedly "cleared", we don't have any way to verify this outside of themselves. ChopBam was acting pretty scummy at the beginning of D4 and then got into "serious town" mode as the day went on. I am still suspicious of him due to his interaction with Orange and just how much he's claimed that we can't verify. I don't think we should be quick to write them off as a scum team.
    • They've both seemed to be in-step with each other a few times. This is actually one of the only instances I can find of a potential scum team seeming to work together. They both pushed MojoMan on D4.
  • KillingYou/FRAYDO
    • The only person who can verify anything that KY has done is FRAYDO. If FRAYDO is town, then I think we can safely confirm KY as town. I am getting town reads from FRAYDO, but I have been trying to revisit this assumption. KY's role does sound like a town role, but it feels wishy-washy to me, "boosting hidden potential" doesn't sit right with me. That and the fact that town supposedly has two masonry abilities. I don't think this is the likeliest possibility, but it's still something I need to followup on.
    • The other thing that's made me suspicious of this is the fact that scum didn't perform a night kill. The two explanations for that are that scum knew what was going to happen or that scum figured that making a kill would expose them. The only two people who knew what was going to happen were myself and FRAYDO. KY also could have guessed at what was going to happen, but if FRAYDO is town then KY must be town.
  • MojoMan/Louis
    • Just like the other pairings, we only have their own word to go off of what they've done the past few nights. The back and forth between Mojo and Louis doesn't seem that serious and neither have actually put the other in any real danger.
    • On D1 Mojo did place a vote on KY once it seemed like a few votes could land on Orange. In hindsight, that's definitely scummy.
    • Also, we have no confirmation for most of Mojo's ability claims. I wouldn't be surprised if he was vanilla after surviving that lynch, but that doesn't mean he isn't vanilla mafia.

The current teamup I've been trying to focus on is MojoMan and Louis, that's where my instincts are leading me. I wish I had more, but this is all I've been able to look into this day.

I am interested to see what happens if I

##inhale Louis

FRAYDO's made a pretty solid case in my opinion. I summarized this in the doc with FRAYDO, but in the unlikely event iLTS is town, we can try relying on my roleblock tonight on the very few remaining suspects. Keep in mind, if the game doesn't end today it's possible scum may kill me tonight to frame Mojoman for holding the smart bomb controller. Orrrr it could be 4D chess, it would be up to you guys in that case.

I'm still suspecting Louis as well. She could be teamed up with and guided by iLTS this whole time. The purpose of her nighttime unroleblock ability is still very dubious to me... Just an observation but iLTS put her at the bottom of the "to be suspected" list.

I am also somewhat surprised that iLTS, as involved and interested as he seems to be, hasn't suggested any corrections or additions at all for missing or wrong information in the chart. He says it's hard to read on mobile, but ehhhh, there was another chart posted for him to look at and he still hasn't made any suggestions for fixes on the chart. Surprising for a guy as thorough as himself, pairing all these possible scum teams and all.

Lastly, I have a very slight hunch that the lack of a kill last night could have been related to the mask being broken.

##vote iLikeToSnipe

I've got work starting soon today, on and off, so my availability will once again be limited.

Reviewing my own case against yours, I concede I have nothing on scum team possibilities. 

However, I do have an idea. In order for you and ChopBam to clear yourselves of the suspicions today, I would think there’s no objections from the three of us putting Louis on the lynch table. If she is scum, this means I’m placing the burden of lynching your own teammate on one of you.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

Reviewing my own case against yours, I concede I have nothing on scum team possibilities. 

However, I do have an idea. In order for you and ChopBam to clear yourselves of the suspicions today, I would think there’s no objections from the three of us putting Louis on the lynch table. If she is scum, this means I’m placing the burden of lynching your own teammate on one of you.

All her tragic pleading aside, I am okay with this sacrifice.

Nice list. I'm gonna go ahead and give my thoughts on each of those scum team possibilities.

6 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:
  • iLikeToSnipe/Louis
    • Possible. Neither of them have been completely cleared, and there's not a whole lot linking them together. Coincidence or good scum play? It's 50/50 on this one.
  • iLikeToSnipe/MojoMan
    • I don't think so. Mojo tried using an action on D2 that had the potential to kill iLikeToSnipe. He might have been lying, but it's doubtful. And I don't think scum would risk killing scum, even to gain town points. Any time I've seen scum use what looked like a daykill on a fellow scum, there's always been something in place that guaranteed a 100% failure.
  • iLikeToSnipe/FRAYDO
    • Doubt it. We know FRAYDO's masonry exists thanks to Chop and iLikeToSnipe, the two people he scumread the hardest in my masonry with him. With how hard FRAYDO has been pushing on iLTS the past few days, I don't think this is the case.
  • ChopBam/Louis
    • While they're supposedly "cleared", we don't have any way to verify this outside of themselves. ChopBam was acting pretty scummy at the beginning of D4 and then got into "serious town" mode as the day went on. I am still suspicious of him due to his interaction with Orange and just how much he's claimed that we can't verify. I don't think we should be quick to write them off as a scum team.
    • They've both seemed to be in-step with each other a few times. This is actually one of the only instances I can find of a potential scum team seeming to work together. They both pushed MojoMan on D4.
    • My only issue with this is that it would mean that the scum roleblocker has either been busy blocking fellow scum (which doesn't explain N3) or lying. We know Chop has the night block thanks to the Mask, so why would he never use it against town? Scum never using such a powerful ability doesn't make sense. The more I think about it, the less likely that this is the case.
  • KillingYou/FRAYDO
    • The only person who can verify anything that KY has done is FRAYDO. If FRAYDO is town, then I think we can safely confirm KY as town. I am getting town reads from FRAYDO, but I have been trying to revisit this assumption. KY's role does sound like a town role, but it feels wishy-washy to me, "boosting hidden potential" doesn't sit right with me. That and the fact that town supposedly has two masonry abilities. I don't think this is the likeliest possibility, but it's still something I need to followup on.
    • The other thing that's made me suspicious of this is the fact that scum didn't perform a night kill. The two explanations for that are that scum knew what was going to happen or that scum figured that making a kill would expose them. The only two people who knew what was going to happen were myself and FRAYDO. KY also could have guessed at what was going to happen, but if FRAYDO is town then KY must be town.
    • I can't comment on this, except that FRAYDO has been my strongest town read this whole game. Make of that what you will.
  • MojoMan/Louis
    • Just like the other pairings, we only have their own word to go off of what they've done the past few nights. The back and forth between Mojo and Louis doesn't seem that serious and neither have actually put the other in any real danger.
    • On D1 Mojo did place a vote on KY once it seemed like a few votes could land on Orange. In hindsight, that's definitely scummy.
    • Also, we have no confirmation for most of Mojo's ability claims. I wouldn't be surprised if he was vanilla after surviving that lynch, but that doesn't mean he isn't vanilla mafia.
    • This makes a lot of sense, actually. They haven't stuck out to me as being connected, but there's not a whole lot that prevents them from being a team, either.

So out of the provided list, it's either iLTS/Louis or Mojo/Louis. Common factor is Louis. I want to prevent a MYLO so I want to hit the common factor first.

17 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Also, this is a pretty decent plan. Mind if I hop aboard?

##vote Louis

13 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

May as well use this while I can. No offense, KY.

##hook Killing_You

10 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Nice list. I'm gonna go ahead and give my thoughts on each of those scum team possibilities.

So out of the provided list, it's either iLTS/Louis or Mojo/Louis. Common factor is Louis. I want to prevent a MYLO so I want to hit the common factor first.

Also, this is a pretty decent plan. Mind if I hop aboard?

##vote Louis

9 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

None taken. Spoiler alert though, I don't have any items anyway.

image.png.ce3921b7b53b8a9e936335346e10cce5.png

PLAYER VOTE
Killing_You Louis
iLikeToSnipe  
Mojoman  
ChopBam Louis
Louis  
FRAYDO iLikeToSnipe

Well, I like the iLTS case here, but I was intending to kill Louis anyways, and I only changed my mind when I thought she sent me armour to be a nice person (though why I thought she would send it to someone claiming vanilla town I didn't really think through).

For some reason I feel like Louis actually played this was the last time she was town? She was kind of quiet in the background and then ended up dying because of it? But then I'm falling into my own argument against using game metas. I haven't really seen much of substance from her. Looking back at the last day, she's talked about her armour, made a vague mention of not trusting iLTS, and asked why she didn't seem to be town.

So I'll bite.

##vote Louis