Kaiju CYOR Mafia [GAME OVER]

Shade939

Just now, Sunflower said:

Rawr. I'll join up. Need to do some thinking on my character. When do you want them by?

In time that I can create and balance out all of the roles in game by the Sunday of the 19th.

I've already gotten started in outlining the basics of the roles I do have, but I am limited in finalizing them until after I've seen what other roles and abilities will be in game.

Just a small Champs update:  I was selected as a "backup substitute".  What this means - It's very unlikely I'll play in the semi-finals (the entirety of the 9 primary substitutes would have to be called first for only 3 games, and there's 8 others with me in the backup substitute class). However, it does mean that my skill in playing in the first round was recognized, and there's a small chance I might get another swing at it. I don't see the need to put playing here on hold for it though, since, as I said, I'm pretty far down the substitution list.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

Oh scheisse, I did not realize this was now a sign-up thread. I thought we were still discussing! Will send Role PM before the weekend.

Yep, rather than only using this just as a poll, I'm also using this as the main game thread now that the theme was decided upon.

3 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Sorry, time got away from me and I prolly can't make it unless you happen to have a spare role laying around. I can drop to not upset the balance if you already have that laid out.

Send me a role request so I have some general guidelines to work with, and I'll see what I can do to slide you in.

I was planning on whipping up a role for you later on tonight and leaving it in game till the end of night one if I didn't hear from you first.

Day One

A new threat has emerged, you might be completely clueless, utterly lost, and have no idea what it actually is, but you still know that it at least actually exist. You've sensed it, and you've even had a general idea of what area it originated from. Unfortunately, you were far from the only one who realized the existence of this new threat, and multiple Kaiju have gathered together in response to this feeling of impeding doom. You just need to find it first of course, and hope that you can deal with this threat before it ends you all...

As for the rest, you know the drill. The only exception is some actions might have hidden secondary effects and interactions with certain roles, which should hopefully be rather obvious or hinted at ahead of time as to these effects.

Day One ends in 48 hours from now.

PLAYER VOTE
iLikeToSnipe  
Jeod  
OrangeP47  
Killing_You  
Retaliation  
FRAYDO  
Sunflower  
Louis  
Category 5 Hurricane  
LEAD Player

13 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Jzlt.gif

Alright, let's get this show on the road!

##vote Killing_You

Now hold your 8 legged horses mister. I think we need to have a serious discussion about something that has been bothering me for awhile.

Where do you put punctuation marks when you end a statement with an emote :??

4 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Now hold your 8 legged horses mister. I think we need to have a serious discussion about something that has been bothering me for awhile.

0344da85d7e180fb8e9195b26e0d647f.jpg

Uhh....

7 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

You do whatever fits the aesthetics, next question.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Remaster or remake Tiberian Sun?

I actually haven't bought the remaster because despite saying in my mason chat last game I was gonna upgrade from Windows 7 I still haven't, and the Remaster doesn't support Windows 7 or so it claims.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I actually haven't bought the remaster because despite saying in my mason chat last game I was gonna upgrade from Windows 7 I still haven't, and the Remaster doesn't support Windows 7 or so it claims.

I didn't realize that! The only real thing that's different from the original is the modern interface (which is huge admittedly) and graphics. I had fun with the GDI campaign, but they're still a chore to play and I'd rather play something else. 

I always felt that with Tib Sun Westwood's ambition exceeded their ability so I'd rather EA attempt a remake.

13 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

It’ll run according to Nyerguds. EA will just frown at you.