[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

4 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I've been weighing my options and I think the best move for me to win in the long run is to reveal I'm The Impostor, a Neutral survivor (I'm surprised nobody picked up on the hints I dropped before). My kind has been ruthlessly hunted to near extinction by paranoid crewmates. I'm just trying to escape and survive instead of being thrown out the airlock.

The survivor role was something I've always thought lacked a little bit, so I've put my own spin on it for this game to test it out. I've opted for a more JOAT passive/active abilities that can make me an asset if I'm kept alive. I'll still do some scum hunting today (it's what I still enjoy), but make no mistake that my primary goal is my own survival.

If town tries to kill me, I can survive long enough to be a massive pain. If mafia tries to kill me, I can survive long enough to be a massive pain. So, I'm gonna stay mostly neutral and see what happens. But I will make a sincere effort to help out where I can.

Fascinating. Assuming you're telling the truth, that means we have two Neutrals ingame. Unusual, but not unheard of. I believe you.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I mean... that doesn't sound very neutral to me... and you've pulled this sort of gambit before, have you not?

It's always bugged me that a "neutral" survivor inevitably just becomes another member of the town. That's not being neutral... lol

imo, survivors should be either truly neutral (not helping either side) or the more fun option of being a wild card that could help either side. If you want to take the mindset of "Well, Snipe could end up helping out mafia" don't forget that I can also help town and I've set this up so that either side trying to take me out gives me a chance to make their lives miserable.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

It's always bugged me that a "neutral" survivor inevitably just becomes another member of the town. That's not being neutral... lol

imo, survivors should be either truly neutral (not helping either side) or the more fun option of being a wild card that could help either side. If you want to take the mindset of "Well, Snipe could end up helping out mafia" don't forget that I can also help town and I've set this up so that either side trying to take me out gives me a chance to make their lives miserable.

By stabbing them with a knife?

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Wait, you're claiming neutral and you believe him?

Why would you believe his neutral claim and not his? I know this is WIFOM, but if I really wasn't a wildcard JAOT survivor would claiming right now when I'm not a suspect be a good move for me? There are plenty of people who are actually suspicious and could have a case made against them right now.

Just now, Shade939 said:

TP Survivor role?

I'm not following how that makes sense... could you explain what you're thinking? In my mind, TP is an alignment that has goals that go against one or more other alignments (i.e. wiping out all other players). Surviving to the end of the game does not interfere with any alignment (except maybe TP depending on how the game is run).

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Wait, you're claiming neutral and you believe him?

Yes, I am claiming neutral. And he hasn't really given me too much of a reason to disbelieve him, so yes.

For clarity's sake, the sheer number of players combined with his vent action (which I doubt scum would use on D1 without significant pressure) make me inclined to believe him for now. It's not a set-in-stone "I'm not going to scumread you at all for the rest of the game" trust, more like "The evidence lines up, so for now I have no reason to suspect you."

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Why would you believe his neutral claim and not his? I know this is WIFOM, but if I really wasn't a wildcard JAOT survivor would claiming right now when I'm not a suspect be a good move for me? There are plenty of people who are actually suspicious and could have a case made against them right now.

I mean this is a good point.  It's not like I'm believing ILTS but as I said KY was high on my radar too, highest you could even say.  I made that post and then everyone kinda ignored it.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Because at least his role has been confirmed already, though, yes, the mere fact that he's claiming neutral when someone else is neutral raises suspicion on both players, until one flips.

I will haunt you in your dreams if you get me lynched. :ghost:

Just now, Killing_You said:

Yes, I am claiming neutral. And he hasn't really given me too much of a reason to disbelieve him, so yes.

For clarity's sake, the sheer number of players combined with his vent action (which I doubt scum would use on D1 without significant pressure) make me inclined to believe him for now. It's not a set-in-stone "I'm not going to scumread you at all for the rest of the game" trust, more like "The evidence lines up, so for now I have no reason to suspect you."

I mean, he could very well be flavored imposter and literally be anything.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Because at least his role has been confirmed already, though, yes, the mere fact that he's claiming neutral when someone else is neutral raises suspicion on both players, until one flips.

Not really, have you ever known iLTS to use his actual roles avatar picture at game start? :v

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, he could very well be flavored imposter and literally be anything.

True, which is why I'm not writing him off 100%.

Hmm... @iLikeToSnipe Just to clarify, you're claiming neutral, but you could be equally detrimental to Town and Scum, depending on the circumstances?

Just now, Shade939 said:

Not really, have you ever known iLTS to use his actual roles avatar picture at game start? :v

Have you ever known me to be a neutral role? I think this might be the first time I have ever had that alignment in mafia. So if my meta seems off from anything else, that's probably why.

Just now, Shade939 said:

No, I'm talking about KY there. TheIrishman effectively confirmed at least one part of his role, and it makes sense to me that such a role is neutral.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

No, I'm talking about KY there. TheIrishman effectively confirmed at least one part of his role, and it makes sense to me that such a role is neutral.

Irish confirmed something about KY? Did I miss this?

Just now, Killing_You said:

True, which is why I'm not writing him off 100%.

Hmm... @iLikeToSnipe Just to clarify, you're claiming neutral, but you could be equally detrimental to Town and Scum, depending on the circumstances?

I can be equally detrimental if one decides to try taking me out (or even succeeds). I can also be beneficial if they either try to protect me from the other side or give me any help in staying alive.

In every case I've seen before, a survivor is just trying to protect themselves with their abilities. Think of this as more like game theory or mutually assured "destruction". I obviously can't cause one side to just lose, but I can give one or the other a stronger advantage.