[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Oh, yeah, I remember now.

It's been awhile since I've been Dragon Ball (Decades).  How would they be neutral? (This is an honest question)

iirc, both the good guys and the bad guys could use the Dragon Balls. I don't think the bad guys ever got them, it was always the good guys. But Shenron would have to grant the wish regardless of the holder.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

iirc, both the good guys and the bad guys could use the Dragon Balls. I don't think the bad guys ever got them, it was always the good guys. But Shenron would have to grant the wish regardless of the holder.

Oh so it's kinda like the infinity stones, or really any metaphor about technology.  Technology is agnostic, but what matters is who holds them.

Oh so it's kinda like the infinity stones, or really any metaphor about technology.  Technology is agnostic, but what matters is who holds them.

Yeah, if you got the Dragon Balls you could wish for just about anything I think. If I remember correctly, the plot was often about a struggle to get them and use them for good. So KY probably doesn't have much of a choice in what gets wished. Maybe his goal is just to get somebody to collect them all and wish for something?

Just now, Retaliation said:

Your reaction to Shade D1 and the ensuing suspicion gives you a motive to mess with him. I also think you could be using imposter to deflect from your actual flavor.

That is a good point. I could have messed with him, but then I wouldn't have as much teeth to my ability to hurt somebody who was able to take me out or attempt to. It also would have been overkill and wouldn't have bought me any good will with anyone.

I mean ever since Irish's first CYOR had monsters as town and monster hunters as mafia, I've not used that as a valid reason for any arguments.

I can also tweak the flavor of an open ended game to be anything (why are the crewmates and imposters even trying to kill each other?). In this case, I'm just trying to get home without dying.

I can be equally detrimental if one decides to try taking me out (or even succeeds). I can also be beneficial if they either try to protect me from the other side or give me any help in staying alive.

In every case I've seen before, a survivor is just trying to protect themselves with their abilities. Think of this as more like game theory or mutually assured "destruction". I obviously can't cause one side to just lose, but I can give one or the other a stronger advantage.

Nice. I ask because I could be equally beneficial to Town or Scum.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Oh, yeah, I remember now.

It's been awhile since I've been Dragon Ball (Decades).  How would they be neutral? (This is an honest question)

Yeah, if you got the Dragon Balls you could wish for just about anything I think. If I remember correctly, the plot was often about a struggle to get them and use them for good. So KY probably doesn't have much of a choice in what gets wished. Maybe his goal is just to get somebody to collect them all and wish for something?

Indeed. In fact, the first person to gather the Dragon Balls was a villain (Pilaf), though his wish was intercepted by Oolong. Aside from that, other villains that used them were Garlic Jr, Lord Slug, and Dr. Kochin. Probably others, but I can't quite remember.

So anyway, cards on the table: There are three dragon balls in play. If someone gathers them together, they can wish for a usable action. So get to wishing, nerds :P

Just now, Killing_You said:

So anyway, cards on the table: There are three dragon balls in play. If someone gathers them together, they can wish for a usable action. So get to wishing, nerds :P

Now that's really interesting... my worst detrimental ability could potentially counter that.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Indeed. In fact, the first person to gather the Dragon Balls was a villain (Pilaf), though his wish was intercepted by Oolong. Aside from that, other villains that used them were Garlic Jr, Lord Slug, and Dr. Kochin. Probably others, but I can't quite remember.

How do I get a job creating character names for Anime.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Nice. I ask because I could be equally beneficial to Town or Scum.

By default, wouldn't scum be the most likely group to collect them all?

2 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

That is a good point. I could have messed with him, but then I wouldn't have as much teeth to my ability to hurt somebody who was able to take me out or attempt to. It also would have been overkill and wouldn't have bought me any good will with anyone.

I don't know how your abilities work, but I assume some kind of roleblocking effect? Shade's been on your case and if you're worried about his ability he'd be a good candidate to stop. It would explain why Shade seems like he's confused about his results.

Just now, Retaliation said:

I don't know how your abilities work, but I assume some kind of roleblocking effect? Shade's been on your case and if you're worried about his ability he'd be a good candidate to stop. It would explain why Shade seems like he's confused about his results.

Technically I could be a roleblocker with one such ability. But it would be a lot more permanent.