[GAME OVER] Tiberian Sun: Reborn Mafia II

Killing_You

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

It's really an issue of KY should have stuck to the first thing he said and not changed it.  I view it as changing a contract.  We're all friends here, so we can let things slide to a large degree, but frankly, it's just rude to spring things on people.  I know it wasn't KY's intent to be rude, but YOU apparently don't understand that.

The “contract” is a standard gm protocol that’s there to prevent any one side from using their own schedule for convenience.

Just now, Jeod said:

Oh yeah, and orange said mojo was the rocket trooper—also a vehicle killer. Yet fraydo didn’t die. They slipped a ton during the chaos.

Nah, it was really our only course of action, it was just a bad one.  They had us, they just couldn't get us.  We were saying bad excuses, but literally any other excuse we came up with would have been worse.

Nah, it was really our only course of action, it was just a bad one.  They had us, they just couldn't get us.  We were saying bad excuses, but literally any other excuse we came up with would have been worse.

Town should have forced everyone to use there day kills to resolve your dispute, instead of voting on it...

GAME OVERXenpEvE.png

The base personnel corner those who they believe to be the infiltrators, only for them to open fire. Soon after, Nod reinforcements arrive, and the base falls...

FRAYDO, the Elite Cadre, is victorious!
OrangeP47, the Rocket Soldier, is victorious!

An examination of the wreckage reveals what the mysterious Cyborg Reaper was. Apparently, it was sent by CABAL to harvest personnel in order to transform them into cyborgs. It was destroyed before it could do so, thankfully.

:nod: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :nod:

Congratulations to all the Nod players!

REFLECTION

Overall, I do feel like this setup was marginally better than the last one, though I did drop the ball hard in places. For one, when I implemented the Cyborg Reaper, I was under the impression that cults died when trying to convert scum, and balanced the game around that.

Also, I mishandled the length of N2. Classic case of "If you try to please everyone, you'll please no one."

Still, it was interesting to watch. Updating message with doc links in just a sec!

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

The “contract” is a standard gm protocol that’s there to prevent any one side from using their own schedule for convenience.

Jeod, if this is how you see GMing, I will no longer play any games you host.

Jeod, if this is how you see GMing, I will no longer play any games you host.

Fine by me. I’ve kept to my gm hammer time schedules consistently. I’m tired of people not showing up to contribute and then people who have the gall to request a game be delayed for them when they’re one of several players. Just as well, I’ve always been open to players giving me actions in advance if they know they won’t be around (such as “shoot chopbam at daystart, won’t be here cuz life).

Then may I ask, and I'm sorry to get you involved in the argument, why is it okay for THEM to be catered to but not us?

I was flip-flopping in my head trying not to piss anyone off. Like I said, it was a COLOSSAL fuck up on my part, and I wholeheartedly apologize for ruining the game as a result.

6 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You don’t need to play reborn to know that’s a rocket soldier. You just didn’t see what you should have, admit it. :v

Honestly this is all minor compared to not considering that I was playing against a meme team. If they were ready to lie about the confessor they were ready to lie about vehicles.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

I was flip-flopping in my head trying not to piss anyone off. Like I said, it was a COLOSSAL fuck up on my part, and I wholeheartedly apologize for ruining the game as a result.

I mean, I don't blame you.  You understand the implications. That's all I'm asking.  All I want is for Jeod to see maybe the fact that it wasn't me asking for special treatment, but just me wanting the status quo.

Just now, Killing_You said:

You didn't ruin it, what would have ruined it was if FRAYDO's shot had failed so Nod would have lost after that.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Then may I ask, and I'm sorry to get you involved in the argument, why is it okay for THEM to be catered to but not us?

For my part when/if a player requests this sort of thing my go-to answer is no so everyone has time to think it over. I try to listen for flip-flopping players.

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Honestly this is all minor compared to not considering that I was playing against a meme team. If they were ready to lie about the confessor they were ready to lie about vehicles.

Both the confessor and the MSA lie were FRAYDO's idea, he truly is a scum god and I am a mere mortal.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, I don't blame you.  You understand the implications. That's all I'm asking.  All I want is for Jeod to see maybe the fact that it wasn't me asking for special treatment, but just me wanting the status quo.

No idea a player had requested early start. I thought it was KY’s decision since I’ve done it before in my games.

Just now, Jeod said:

No idea a player had requested early start. I thought it was KY’s decision since I’ve done it before in my games.

I'm fine with an early start if there's a GM reason for it, such as the GM being busy at phase change, etc.  What I'm not fine with is being told one thing, then suddenly another thing happens, without even the chance to be informed after you've already made choices based off previous data.  Granted, I checked the forum this morning, so I knew, but FRAYDO apparently didn't know day had started since he hadn't checked since before KY announced early day start.

Ironically, I actually do like early hammers, and I'm glad KY has them in his games.  I just think there should have been no waffling.

I get the appeal, but I don't think they work here. There's too much of a gulf in how active players are and when they're active. We also have problems tallying up where the votes stand quite often. 

Just now, Retaliation said:

I get the appeal, but I don't think they work here. There's too much of a gulf in how active players are and when they're active. We also have problems tallying up where the votes stand quite often. 

I do agree about the not liking the early hammer. In a chat game I'd like it, but on forum with 48h days? I usually have 2-3 bursts of activity in those 2 days and am silent the rest of the time.