[GAME OVER] Tiberian Sun: Reborn Mafia II

Killing_You

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

GG everyone. I did half call it for once though :v

Don't worry about it @Killing_You, good opportunity to learn and the game was still fun.

Glad you had fun. I've just learned to acknowledge that when every mistake I make requires repeated walls of texts long after I've apologized and pledged to adjust for the future, it's best to just quit.

Now the question is, even after pledging to quit, if I'm still being told how bad the decision was, what do next?

Just now, ChopBam said:

A 30 hour night seemed long to me when there were only 5 players left.

It would have been alright if we didn't know who scum were.

Just now, Killing_You said:

Glad you had fun. I've just learned to acknowledge that when every mistake I make requires repeated walls of texts long after I've apologized and pledged to adjust for the future, it's best to just quit.

Now the question is, even after pledging to quit, if I'm still being told how bad the decision was, what do next?

There's not really anything you can do other than what you've done.

In any case it this is no where near as bad as the second game I hosted long ago in the land of BHP where I ghosted it halfway through without any communication IIRC. I might have said I was ending it, I can't remember. I didn't play mafia for years after that when vert invited me back in.

2 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I mean, we're ranting, but that was legit the best game on here in ages.  I also wouldn't be ranting this much if I didn't care so much about it being gotten right the next time:  which requires there to be a next time.  People learn by making mistakes, and already you have a highly polished finished product.

3 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

It’s because you have this “I give up” persona and we know by now not to take it seriously. Honestly the walls of text are just sharing viewpoints and reiterated when it feels like they’re not acknowledged.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, we're ranting, but that was legit the best game on here in ages.  I also wouldn't be ranting this much if I didn't care so much about it being gotten right the next time:  which requires there to be a next time.  People learn by making mistakes, and already you have a highly polished finished product.

I guess it probably didn't come off this way, but this is how I meant it:  I care about you being a good GM, because you are one ;)

Agreed, in summary my only gm-related qualm is the tp mechanic, which takes time to perfect anyway. Everything else interpreted as “wrong” was player mistake.

I guess it probably didn't come off this way, but this is how I meant it:  I care about you being a good GM, because you are one ;)

Also this seems very narcissistic because the quote is a quote of myself, but you all know it was directed at KY :p

Just now, Jeod said:

Agreed, in summary my only gm-related qualm is the tp mechanic, which takes time to perfect anyway. Everything else interpreted as “wrong” was player mistake.

Yeah and like to be perfectly honest reading about it that's a mistake I myself might have made, we talk big about cults but it's been awhile, so I wouldn't sweat it KY.

Thanks guys. It's largely due to how my mind works. I've gotten to the point where if someone simply points out a mistake, I can take a deep breath and correct it. It's usually emotionally charged rants and continued criticism after the point of response that cause this kind of reaction. I'm slowly getting better, but it's difficult. Thank you all for being patient with that.

Thanks guys. It's largely due to how my mind works. I've gotten to the point where if someone simply points out a mistake, I can take a deep breath and correct it. It's usually emotionally charged rants and continued criticism after the point of response that cause this kind of reaction. I'm slowly getting better, but it's difficult. Thank you all for being patient with that.

I mean to be fair, I wasn't ranting at you... I was ranting at Jeod :p

Did you have some kind of past traumatic experience that made you that way? I’m genuinely curious.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Yeah and like to be perfectly honest reading about it that's a mistake I myself might have made, we talk big about cults but it's been awhile, so I wouldn't sweat it KY.

Honestly, I could SWEAR the idea that cults dying if they target scum was something mentioned several times in the past. Is that not normal, and just something some people have accepted for whatever reason?

Honestly, I could SWEAR the idea that cults dying if they target scum was something mentioned several times in the past. Is that not normal, and just something some people have accepted for whatever reason?

I think it can be either way tbh, but that might just be ass-covering.  I mean, I'm 100% sure it's been done both ways at least once in the history of forever at least somewhere, but it might have been very very niche.

Just now, Jeod said:

Did you have some kind of past traumatic experience that made you that way? I’m genuinely curious.

None that I could definitively point to. I do know two specific people in my life that absolutely do not shut up about how wrong you are if they think you're in the wrong. My ex-stepdad in particular will literally scream at the top of his lungs in your face, regardless of the circumstances (including your age).

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

None that I could definitively point to. I do know two specific people in my life that absolutely do not shut up about how wrong you are if they think you're in the wrong. My ex-stepdad in particular will literally scream at the top of his lungs in your face, regardless of the circumstances (including your age).

Don't worry, I walked all over my dad today in a battle of public opinion, so I got revenge for you.

Does anyone have a game lined up? I'll probably know by the end of this week if I can host my game. I think I'll ask for people to give me their preferred faction privately and suggest abilities (what I'll call wargear) publicly. I'll make a big chart of weapons and wargear at the start of the game people can look at.

3 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Orange is right, it can be either or; I’m used to cults living with scum targets though. Objectively speaking without any ways to definitively recognize scum beyond scumhunting the role had low odds of success, plus players were wary of tp existence already so there was no element of surprise.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

That’ll do it if you’re used to hearing about it.

Anyway, regarding early hammer: The reason I like it and why it's a continued feature of TSR Mafia is twofold: It forces people to think about their votes, and it opens the door for Town to end the game early if they believe they know who scum is.  Keeping an eye on the majority is important throughout the day phase and not just the last few hours.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Does anyone have a game lined up? I'll probably know by the end of this week if I can host my game. I think I'll ask for people to give me their preferred faction privately and suggest abilities (what I'll call wargear) publicly. I'll make a big chart of weapons and wargear at the start of the game people can look at.

Well assuming people will join in about ready with AR Mafia II. But I’m also starting a substitute teacher job soon. Will have to see how it plays out, so far their onboarding process is taking a while.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Orange is right, it can be either or; I’m used to cults living with scum targets though. Objectively speaking without any ways to definitively recognize scum beyond scumhunting the role had low odds of success, plus players were wary of tp existence already so there was no element of surprise.

Actually I was genuinely surprised when you flipped TP and probably the only thing preventing me from slipping was the fact that I was posting via pictures.

Actually I was genuinely surprised when you flipped TP and probably the only thing preventing me from slipping was the fact that I was posting via pictures.

I would’ve tunneled you no matter the alignment, thus my death would likely have been the same.

@Killing_You, If you're not confident in GMing a Mafia setup you've made yourself, then you could actually run setups that other people have made for Mafia games.

There's a entire page of setups on the mafia scum site. Really, the only point you should give up GMing is when you're unwilling to try again.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Mini_Setups

Just now, Jeod said:

I would’ve tunneled you no matter the alignment, thus my death would likely have been the same.

Yeah, it was just "easier" for me to call you TP instead of scum, especially without me actually having to explain anything since, you know, pictures.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I think that's about when my brain started shorting out and it kept getting worse until FRADYO's hammer brought me back to sanity.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

I think that's about when my brain started shorting out and it kept getting worse until FRADYO's hammer brought me back to sanity.

As I said in the scum doc, as part of my routine, I tried to actually believe my own lie, so at points it was quite the trip.