[GAME OVER] Warhammer 40,000 Mafia 3: On the Edge of Precipice

Retaliation
Message added by Retaliation,

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

TBH my PM lists my flavor faction in normal text and only tells my alignment by highlighting my unit name in the correct color.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

Mine does as well. That's why I didn't pay any attention to the flavor part. It has no standing in terms of alignment or objective, at least for normal players.

Can anyone else confirm that, because I very specifically have my character title in blue text, and then the IRS name in red Text for my PM?

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Can anyone else confirm that, because I very specifically have my character title in blue text, and then the IRS name in red Text for my PM?

Poor thing, you just wanted your character/faction to matter.

8 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Technically I'm probably a deserter from my faction flavor wise to be fair but I don't know enough about the lore to be 100% sure but really it doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Technically I'm probably a deserter from my faction flavor wise to be fair but I don't know enough about the lore to be 100% sure but really it doesn't matter.

You have the IRS faction listed in red in your PM though?

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Yeah, specifically saying they're here to fuck shit up and that's a bad thing from my perspective.

Or more accurately the PM makes it seem like they're just causing me to have a bad day, which is rather mild... but I'm feeling generous, but I guess if I'm a deserter I'm feeling less... communal than in the past...

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Or more accurately the PM makes it seem like they're just causing me to have a bad day, which is rather mild... but I'm feeling generous, but I guess if I'm a deserter I'm feeling less... communal than in the past...

Considering my flavor text says they're giving me a chance to hone my skills, at least you're clearly antagonistic towards them. :v

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Considering my flavor text says they're giving me a chance to hone my skills, at least you're clearly antagonistic towards them. :v

Things must be pretty boring for your faction to get excited about some combat. And then you took an axe without landing a hit, so maybe don't go home tonight.

Just now, Jeod said:

Things must be pretty boring for your faction to get excited about some combat. And then you took an axe without landing a hit, so maybe don't go home tonight.

I think you're in the entirely wrong genre?

7 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I think you're all being silly, but then it's easy for me to say that when any lore that might be in my PM means nothing to me.

I thought I had a valid point.

6 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Did Shade's potential slip happen before or after you fired at him?

I feel like that's a rhetorical question considering that his first post in the game was to attack me, and now he's just been trying to justify why he had to do it.

14 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Did Shade's potential slip happen before or after you fired at him?

After of course. My firing on him was making good on a pregame statement. Nothing to do with his shenanigans.

Jeod attacking you right out of the gate can be a separate issue. He could be memeing with the attack, and then his later logic used on you could be honest. Or it could just be a continuation of the meme.

The only thing I would tag on Jeod is that I currently don't think what he's doing a scum gambit. I'm unsure if his argument on you is sound because it seems to rely on lore, and I don't know if lore matters. Which is to say I don't know the lore and wouldn't be able to tell, but at the moment I don't feel like this a game where we can infer things from lore.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Jeod attacking you right out of the gate can be a separate issue. He could be memeing with the attack, and then his later logic used on you could be honest. Or it could just be a continuation of the meme.

The only thing I would tag on Jeod is that I currently don't think what he's doing a scum gambit. I'm unsure if his argument on you is sound because it seems to rely on lore, and I don't know if lore matters. Which is to say I don't know the lore and wouldn't be able to tell, but at the moment I don't feel like this a game where we can infer things from lore.

It’s the former. For the record I think shade just wants his lore to mean something and it doesn’t. Note that I’m not voting him.

Just now, Jeod said:

Nope. Spent the day posting about it.

So, you accuse me of slipping up by explaining how to determine why your character is Town instead of the IRS. And then not explaining why a TP should obviously know why they're a TP, since I was the TP myself? That's the most logical interpretation I have to go on?