Jump to content

CYOR - Remastered Edition: Game Over


TheIrishman
 Share

Message added by TheIrishman,

CVC:

Killing You voted Shade939
Shade939 voted Killing You
Retaliation voted Shade938
 
There are 3/3 votes cast

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

Haha, such 'dank' memes, this is going in my 'cringe' folder.

Am I down with the youngin's lingo yet?

I mean I'm surprised Shade didn't call me out for using last year's meme, because there's some dumb milk crate challenge that's apparently injuring kids right now but I dunno what that is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2021 at 7:59 PM, OrangeP47 said:

I mean I'm surprised Shade didn't call me out for using last year's meme, because there's some dumb milk crate challenge that's apparently injuring kids right now but I dunno what that is.

As (probably) one of the youngest ones here, I would say I do not relate to the kids these days. Cause they're stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

If you get any bad symptoms and want advice on anything that can alleviate them, just let me know. Been there done that.

Just don't take horse dewormers. 

I assure you, my mental state is perfectly normal. I'm ready to find some scum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

I'm positive ya'll. So I'm not allowed to go to work for 2 weeks. No symptoms yet.

Oof, that sucks to hear. Hopefully you won't notice too much. Get well soon! (Hopefully not even required!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

I assure you, my mental state is perfectly normal. I'm ready to find some scum.

I did feel perfectly fine for two days after losing my sense of taste and smell. Then it hit me like a freight train, worst it got I wasn't able to stand and was bedridden. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I did feel perfectly fine for two days after losing my sense of taste and smell. Then it hit me like a freight train, worst it got I wasn't able to stand and was bedridden. 

It's different for everyone.

A colleague of mine was very ill for a month and took another one to recover. Another old colleague of mine lost three family members in quick succession to the Coronies. Meanwhile yet another one didn't notice anything whilst sitting at home. I've also been infected back in June. Though for me, I only had a very shitty Saturday evening and Tuesday afternoon. The rest of the week consisted mostly of being a bit tired. No other effects. 

Sad to hear that you were hit like that though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nodlied said:

It's different for everyone.

A colleague of mine was very ill for a month and took another one to recover. Another old colleague of mine lost three family members in quick succession to the Coronies. Meanwhile yet another one didn't notice anything whilst sitting at home. I've also been infected back in June. Though for me, I only had a very shitty Saturday evening and Tuesday afternoon. The rest of the week consisted mostly of being a bit tired. No other effects. 

Sad to hear that you were hit like that though.

Yeah, I was certainly on the more extreme end. Took a lot a year to mostly recover. Getting a lot of rest early on probably helped to keep it from getting too bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sucks to hear Jeod.

It's nebulous right now, but I may be converted to work from home, or I may not because my internet can't handle it, or we may not do anything, but it's all because it's picking up again and several people in the office have gotten ill (right as they're bringing everyone back :rolleyes: ).  If I do get converted to work from home, expect a few days where it's just a mess. I may have a lot of free time... or I may not... or I may brick my DSL, we'll just have to see what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still no symptoms and I still have my taste and smell. I'm hoping it's a false positive. We went up to Fairfax VA over the weekend and it's a hotspot; my positive test was Monday with the result reported to me this morning. Unless I got it when I went to walmart on Sunday (the one I go to all the time), I'd think I'd be feeling something by now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yeah, we've been having an uninterrupted string of people test positive in our workplace over the last few weeks. Doesn't even take much effort to connect the dots, they all seem to string from one "patient zero."

I don’t blame people for living their lives. Cave dwelling culture just doesn’t work. Life’s short enough as it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

I don’t blame people for living their lives. Cave dwelling culture just doesn’t work. Life’s short enough as it is.

It would also help if people actually used data in this argument.

Asking questions like what is the infection fatality rate for the virus and other long term effects vs. the cost of fighting it's spread. 

For instance, if the virus has less than a 1% fatality rate, what actions are actually prudent to deal with it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Shade939 said:

It would also help if people actually used data in this argument.

Asking questions like what is the infection fatality rate for the virus and other long term effects vs. the cost of fighting it's spread. 

For instance, if the virus has less than a 1% fatality rate, what actions are actually prudent to deal with it?

Shade, let's remember the last time you tried to use statistics in mafia. Put the statistics down before you hurt yourself.

Also remember, if you're dead you're dead.  If you're fucked up for life, which is a more likely outcome, well... Ironically in 10 years this might put me out of a job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

Shade, let's remember the last time you tried to use statistics in mafia. Put the statistics down before you hurt yourself.

Also remember, if you're dead you're dead.  If you're fucked up for life, which is a more likely outcome, well... Ironically in 10 years this might put me out of a job.

Can confirm. Being fucked up for life sucks. Yeah, it's not the most likely thing to happen. But I'm fortunate enough that I can make due without the nonexistent help of the American government. I know far too many others from support groups who aren't that lucky though. This shit is serious, people are killing themselves rather than live with the after effects.

 

That's all I'll say on the topic. I'm here to play mafia, not argue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I'm reinstalling some games now that I have a rtx 2060, and in the process of acquiring the epic games launcher again since they gave my GTAV for free I saw Genshin Impact is on there (hadn't touched it since it wasn't on Steam). Is that game actually fun or is it just a waifu simulator?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

So I'm reinstalling some games now that I have a rtx 2060, and in the process of acquiring the epic games launcher again since they gave my GTAV for free I saw Genshin Impact is on there (hadn't touched it since it wasn't on Steam). Is that game actually fun or is it just a waifu simulator?

 

VNWhpHn.gif

 

I can't confirm, but I have been told by friends who do play it that it is essentially Legend of Waifus: Breath of the Wild RPG. Take that with a grain of salt I guess lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jeod said:

So I'm reinstalling some games now that I have a rtx 2060, and in the process of acquiring the epic games launcher again since they gave my GTAV for free I saw Genshin Impact is on there (hadn't touched it since it wasn't on Steam). Is that game actually fun or is it just a waifu simulator?

Is GTA V *currently* free on Epic? Because I have it through rockstar's own crappy launcher and it really pisses me off to no end I don't have it through something that supports pausing the download.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Is GTA V *currently* free on Epic? Because I have it through rockstar's own crappy launcher and it really pisses me off to no end I don't have it through something that supports pausing the download.

If it is I'm gonna get it solely to replay the golf mini-game :v

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Is GTA V *currently* free on Epic? Because I have it through rockstar's own crappy launcher and it really pisses me off to no end I don't have it through something that supports pausing the download.

It was a while ago, not right now. Honestly I almost want it on Steam instead just because I have too many launchers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

It was a while ago, not right now. Honestly I almost want it on Steam instead just because I have too many launchers.

Yeah I just checked, I guess rockstar launcher isn't such hot garbage as it used to be because I can at least pause the download now.  Still have a 14 GB update queued which is like... 7 hours with my connection if that's all I did in my life...

Meh I got plenty of other things to do right now besides that hit of nostalgia, but if you want any tips feel free to ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Still have a 14 GB update queued which is like... 7 hours with my connection if that's all I did in my life...

Incidentally this poor connection speed might be why next week I'll still have to go the office when everyone else gets paid to sit on their asses as new computers are delivered to their home for WFH :v

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...