W3D Weekly #6 - 28/07/2021

OWA

Welcome to the 6th edition of W3D Weekly! There's been some major developments, so let's unpack what's been happening this week!

W3D Engine - Scripts 4.7 Update 1

The BIG NEWS this week is that @ jonwil has finalized and released the Scripts 4.7 Update 1 package! It contains contributions from @ Jerad2142 , @ Dghelneshi , @ moonsense715 , and @ dblaney1 .

The update consists of various bug fixes, as well as a handful of feature improvements, so if you're a Renegade player or server owner, you're going to need it!

Read more in the thread below!

Upcoming EventsTiberian Sun's 22nd anniversary is coming up and to celebrate it, we've been asked to host a Reborn Game Night! Join us for some Banshee flying and Titan stomping on the the 19th of August at 7PM GMT! Here's a link to some more details!

Renegade X NewsOn a more unfortunate tone, there's been a situation developing recently in the Renegade X community that I felt that we should communicate out, just to spread awareness on the situation. Basically, the old domain is no longer being managed by the current team.

The official statement from the Renegade X team is as follows:

image.png.da50ab4915da764a575dfc2b3704514f.png

So with all that that in mind, be aware that the official website for Renegade X is now located at https://ren-x.com

Red Alert: A Path Beyond

@ ChopBam  reporting. We've had the "per-round reload" feature available for a while now, but it's now going to finally be implemented in our game! When you reload your weapon rounds as a Sergeant, Starshina, Volkov, or Phase Tank, you're going to only reload the rounds that you already fired off. No longer do you need to wait for the full reload time if you just used one or two shots. Check it out in the video below!

@ CMDBob  deserves credit for making this feature work properly.

Note: We experimented with the ability to interrupt your reloading sequence to fire rounds, but it never felt quite right, so we're keeping it uninterruptible. Still super nifty!Red Alert 2: Apocalypse Rising

This week @ moonsense715 and @ Romanov have been working on a neat new project (more on that another time!), but whilst working on it, Romanov introduced a feature that everyone needs in their lives. It's basically an overhaul to the visible driver system that allows character models to appear in the driver seat of vehicles. With this new script we can do stuff like this!

image.png

Meanwhile, @ OWA has been rigging a couple of new civilian vehicles. we now have our very own Postal Truck and School Bus! Check them out below!

image.pngimage.png

The School Bus has 16 seats, so if you can procure one in the field, it becomes a really great impromptu troop transport! Let us know what you think!

Cold War Confrontation

@ CMDBob  here, time for a quick update. This one concerns the new pistol for the WARPAC forces. Beforehand, I had them using the MP443 "Grach" pistol, but I felt that it was just a bit too modern and a bit too samey, as well. Instead, I've replaced it with the classic Makarov.

Only 8 (slightly weaker) rounds per magazine, but it fires very fast and can reload slightly quicker than most pistols. Plus, it's definitely a classic weapon.

f8dkH

Click the image there to get a rotatable, 3D view of the Makarov model.

That's it for this week!

Tune in next time for some more quality W3D content!

Spoiler

[blurb]Welcome to the 6th edition of W3D Weekly! There's been some major developments, so let's unpack what's been happening this week![/blurb]

18 hours ago, NodGuy said:

Another great update. I like the style of Cold War's Makarov but what's with the Sillitoe tartan pattern on it? Reminds me of the police from Australia and the UK and not something I would expect to see on a Soviet pistol.

If you mean the pistol grips, it's an attempt to replicate the checkering on the bakelite grips. It's very tricky when you've got 9 by 6 pixels out of a texture that's 16 by 16 pixels! 😋

5 hours ago, CMDBob said:

If you mean the pistol grips, it's an attempt to replicate the checkering on the bakelite grips. It's very tricky when you've got 9 by 6 pixels out of a texture that's 16 by 16 pixels! 😋

No, above the grip, where the slide is. When I see it I keep thinking I'm going to see Police right below it.