C&C Renegade: Bear Island

MA Bear Island is a map made by Blazea58 and myself. The main plot of the map is about hunting animals for money, however there is a twist about ten minutes in when a tiberium meteorite hits and turns the map into a defense map. Here is a bit of gameplay action:

Jump to 4:30 on this one to jump right into the action:

you made this all with your bear hands, nice :D enjoyed it with my brother a few days ago, would like to see morr maps of this :p

Edited by rackz

haha racks very funny!! Where can i download it?

I've got a server hosting it 24/7, you can join/download it with 4.X. And if your running the http://www.renegadeforums.com/index.php?t=msg&th=40910&start=0&'>scripts 4.2 public beta you can play it locally (but as with our teams work this map is better with more players).

http://www.renegadeforums.com/index.php?t=msg&th=40910&start=0&

I wonder how much work it'd be to make a TSR version of the map... same concept but using TSR characters and weapons...

Very little, I temped all the Renegade characters because I put my control scripts on them by hand, so all the work it'd really take is to remake the PT's presets for the character presets of TSR, AR, or APB instead (or BFD if its running 4.2). The vehicles aren't Ren vehicles so those don't need to be switch. Only thing I'd worry about is it being possibly too easy or too hard (due to weapon damage differences and character health differences between the mods).

It does need the fix I made for identifying the head bone of infantry I made 40 days ago, otherwise the deer like to twist up all weird when they look at things.

It is very likely ECW will get this map, or at least a similar version to it.

This would require ECW to be moved to 4.2, and right now I'm very lazy about that, so many conversion mistakes I could make when moving the 120k 3.4.4 lines of code to the 4.2 version could leave things broken in months.

• 5 years later...