Apoc Rising- more updates?

Updates on how apoc rising is doing are far between and lacking in content. Few images, and even fewer videos. I think all of us would like to see more content previewed. I for one can't tell at all if the game's 90% done or 20% done. I think the apoc rising team should be more open and regular with what previews of content they release and how progress is coming along. Maybe start monthly progress reports with a new image and/or video each time, just so we know it's still in active development and have some idea as to how far it's gotten. People tend to stay interested and hyped when they can see how much is done and can count on tne project still in active development. Just a thought.

All I know that production is a bit slow thanks to the usual commodities of life (since the game indie and free, no patreon or kickstarter since EA might shut it down due to making money off of it) and at least we get an update at least once a year. Got one last month so just check it out here if you haven't already (https://secure.w3dhub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=414846). If you REALLY want to play it that badly, apply to be a tester for it then see for yourself who far along it is. So far from what I know, it's about 60-75% ready for a full first open release, but I'm not working on it and don't fully know where it stands right now.

Hey guys. We're going to start running some more regular updates and when we have content that we can show. We've been working in the background to improve the community rather than the game currently, but that is all starting to change as we shift back onto development.

I'll start up a thread tomorrow where everyone can ask the AR developers anything pertaining to what's happening. That way everyone can get the answers that they so dearly crave!

If you REALLY want to play it that badly, apply to be a tester for it then see for yourself who far along it is. So far from what I know, it's about 60-75% ready for a full first open release, but I'm not working on it and don't fully know where it stands right now.

I considered, but I don't think I'm tester material. I mean, I do as asked and take promises of secrecy and restraint to heart, and can be counted on a week-by-week basis, but I have zero experience in any kind of dev or testing role, and I can't promise more than 2 months of commitment.

Anyways, glad to hear updates will be more regular. Every so often I encounter some dusty demonstration video in an obscure, untouched section of Youtube, but it appears more is done than what's been revealed in detail. Perhaps you can slowly release detailed previews of every finished model you have so far, and any programming or effects you have finished shown in videos. Not all at once, but I'm sure there's a buildup of things ready to be showcased which you can trickle to the public a little at a time.

Actually it sounds like you very well could be a good tester based on the things you stated above. Experience is not a requirement and is only gained once "hired". But i think the application period is clsoed... :(

Anyway, as OWA mentioned, the project is shifting back into development mode as some things had been put on hold until the site got up and running. Based on what i've heard him talk about, he is very enthusiastic about showing off the dev updates to the userbase. And when he sets his mind to something, I don't believe he can be stopped :D I would definitely count on some awesome updates in the future!

If there is any interest, we can resume the AR TV, which shows a developer working on the game live at certain times.

In fact, I have been livestreaming the modeling process of the Allied Airforce HQ in the past days a lot. If you want to tune in when I work on the game I need to know in advance :)

If there is any interest, we can resume the AR TV, which shows a developer working on the game live at certain times.

In fact, I have been livestreaming the modeling process of the Allied Airforce HQ in the past days a lot. If you want to tune in when I work on the game I need to know in advance :)

Moonsense

Yes, yes & more yes!!

I would watch this, 100%

Can you let me know the next time you're doing this and how i view the stream?

Okay. I will be streaming tonight at 11 pm GMT + 0 (7.5 hours from the time of this post).

When the time comes, you will be able to tune in on http://original.livestream.com/apocrising01

In case there are 3 people watching at least we can make it a regular thing. That includes Teamspeak so you can ask questions about what you see while I'm modding :)

I might look into a livestream of our next scheduled testing session... whenever that may be. Fair warning, we usually end up spending more time arguing about features than actually testing :p

Oh, and spawning the occasional building or ore field on someones head. No idea who keeps doing that.... ^^