Captain America: Civil War

15 members have voted

1. 1. Whose side are you on?

• Steve Rogers/Captain America!
    • Tony Stark/Iron Man!

I always thought the power hierarchy for the Avengers went: Thor > Hulk >>> Iron Man >> Captain America.

Also, Bucky didn't get the super serum treatment, did he? He's just a regular human, right?

Edited by delta

Technically, the most powerful member is Scarlet Witch, and the power difference between Iron Man and Captain America isn't very big. Iron Man has the most advanced weapons and armor of all time, while Cap has a nigh indestructible shield, super soldier enhancements, and advanced combat training. It's asymmetrical, but close enough to be an interesting discussion.

Also, Bucky did get the serum treatment. He just got it courtesy of HYDRA rather than Howard Stark.

• 2 weeks later...

You know who else can do that? Taskmaster. Just by observing someone, he can learn their entire skill set, and has watched clips of the Avengers on fast forward so that he could predict (and execute) all of their moves at a very high speed.

And since Cap can beat Taskmaster, I don't think this is a major advantage for Tony.

You know who else can do that? Taskmaster. Just by observing someone, he can learn their entire skill set, and has watched clips of the Avengers on fast forward so that he could predict (and execute) all of their moves at a very high speed.

And since Cap can beat Taskmaster, I don't think this is a major advantage for Tony.

And that's the difference between human error and AI. Taskmaster often makes mistakes, Tony's AI (unless bugged) Doesn't

The Punisher! He's just a regular guy with a bone to pick. I'd like to see a punisher movie that doesn't suck.

The Thomas Jane was good IMO. Or at least the best so far. Check out this out

That was awesome! I'd agree with you that Thomas Jane was good but I like Jon Bernthal better.. pumped to hear their may be a spinoff because I ain't watching all of Daredevil just to see the Punisher! lol

While we're on the vigilante topic, (and in Hells Kitchen as well) Max Payne sure needs a better movie. One of my all time favourite game series, horrible movie though.

But here's where my vote went. Watching that .45 ACP shatter in slow mo is super sexy

Edited by Testament

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the minor necro, but having saw the movie last night, I felt it appropriate to place my review here.

This film was awesome. Marvel knocks it out of the park once again. I'm overwhelmingly pleased that they set it up as a real conflict that you could plausibly see both sides of, instead of simply "Good guy/bad guy" thing. Without giving too much away, it does a good job at continuing old plotlines and character arcs (beyond the Cap/Bucky relationship) as well as setting up new ones while feeling like a solid movie on its own.

Almost every one had some "cool" moments of them doing awesome things, and the two that stuck out in this department were Ant Man and Spider Man. Speaking of the latter, Spidey has about 30 minutes of screentime, he's done better than any of the previous movies. He's everything that I loved about Tobey MacGuire's Peter Parker mixed with everything I loved about Andrew Garfield's Spider Man. Oh, and don't worry, they only hint at his origin rather than playing it out yet again.

However, the one that REALLY stood out for me was Black Panther. I knew very little about him going in, but coming out, I am a fan. He is presented as a very serious character, but not one devoid of personality or likability. I'm excited for his standalone film, and I'll probably catch up on him in the comics pretty soon.

Overall, 10/10. I loved it. Go out and see it.

I watched it yesterday as well. It definitely had a darker and more serious tone to it than previous Marvel films. It actually felt a bit weird for me when Ant Man showed up, since I didn't get around to watching that movie until just the day before...so for a split second my brain was like "wait, what movie am I watching now?"

I do feel like pretty much the whole plot could've been avoided if the characters had just sat down and talked things through instead of...doing what they did. That said though, I still really enjoyed it...probably my second favorite Marvel film so far, beneath Guardians of the Galaxy.