[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

Alright, I was a bit delayed. Also Cat5 should in on in a bit over an hour.

So out of curiosity, did anyone ever get a notification that an attempt was made on their life? Because I was never notified if I actually saved someone, which you would expect me to know whether I performed surgery or whatever was needed to save a life.

N1 - Protected Cat5

N2 - (even after our fighting) I Protected Jeod - it's here that he saw my "Protect" action.

N3 - (with much regret) I Protected Cat5 instead of Jeod

N4 - I Protected Cat5 again

N5 - I Protected Retaliation (who just revealed himself to be a role blocker)

N6 - I Protected VERTi60 (who just revealed himself to be the same role as Jeod)

N7 - I Protected VERTi60

Mojo had a police handgun and a telephone (btw, you're missing that item as well, Vert) so he's most likely taskforce

Cat5 started out with a spyglass that's extremely Town oriented and has been very helpful

Retal has a cane and has been obediently blocking everyone he should.

CK has been a somewhat sketchy tracker

Vert has lost all sense of patience and is trying to move things along quicker, which is generally a scum tactic (regardless of your reason, it's true)

FRAYDO's basically confirmed scum at this point

TheIrishman, well I'm the Doctor. It's also one of the main reasons I suspected OrangeP47 with his protector argument. But I didn't want to do the beginner mistake of putting a target on my back through a counterclaim.

So why don't we shoot CK, investigate VERT, and roleblock FRAYDO (according to the order of operations on the wiki, he'd still get roleblocked even if he switched Retal's target) It'd cover all our bases and when a hostile player is jailed (VERT) our WT would be lowered. Then we lynch FRAYDO on D9. Thoughts?

VERTi60, I should have all the reasons in the world to trust you. You inherited a town role and have been proven to have it. You've used my SpyGlass to find evidence.

Yet everything else you do sends Jeod-levels of scum flags and I can't ignore them.

You freak out at the mere thought of being investigated to the point of quite literally threatening people with a gun. You use actions that raise WT without discussion on the matter even after others demand you not to. You have complained about town being too powerful. You talked about it making sense that scum would be 3 people while saying that FRAYDO is the last scum one sentence apart. You also are lying about the gun, because if your conditions are as you have stated, you can shoot yourself.

I've spent all day thinking about it, and all I keep coming back to is, I can't let you keep doing scummy things without there being consequences.

That said, I want to do one review of the game before I decide which direction I want to go.

13 hours ago, Voe said:

Counted all votes aside from Retal, who didn't specify what he actually voted for.

21077614_1548952951818080_76490466320824

Gentlemen, the situation looks dire. Find the warmongers, or a Great War is upon us!

The edit reason for this post (not shown) is that WT was reduced from 76 -> 71 due to not realizing KY's alignment.

When Joed died WT only went up by 10% which again suggests that it's less than 10.

32 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You also are lying about the gun, because if your conditions are as you have stated, you can shoot yourself.

Suicide by any means is not acceptable. We will not resolve any shoot-self or suicide actions, regardless if "potential conditions" are met or not. Hope I made it a bit clearer.

25 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

The edit reason for this post (not shown) is that WT was reduced from 76 -> 71 due to not realizing KY's alignment.

That message should still be displayed, unless Nodlied hid it for his own reason. I think you should be notified when I make a mistake, even if it possibly gives a spoiler.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm glad there is finally someone shutting down on people trying to rage-quit from games.

Idk, it's pretty intuitive to me :colbert:

Sorry for just now arriving to this Day. I've had quite a busy day irl in getting my finances sorted and other long-due errands. I'll check my result for the night and what has happened thus far today and catch up from there.

29 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Spoiler Alert: Your result was brain damage.

What is this, my fourth concussion? Or is it fifth? I have lost count.

It's an interesting result. I voluntarily chose to do nothing last night as I had said that I would whilst urging Retal to roleblock Verti and yet I still lose consciousness and wind up with another headache. I mean, I didn't even leave my room! Your result should confirm that, assuming your Night result also included you barging into my room as I was making my bed :v

On 8/22/2017 at 7:24 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

So apparently VERTi60 CAN steal from me even if I pass. That's really weird given the order of operations, where my decision to pass happens first, but he steals anyway.

VERTi60 keeps doing things that look scummy. Really want to believe him, but this strong intent on gathering all weapons and items looks pretty bad if you ask me.

It's almost like I warned you all that this was going to happen if Retal didn't block him, and sure enough Verti now possesses the gun.

Rip in pepperoni Smuggling_You. Nice try Verti for attempting to convince everyone that you found the gun on his corpse. Even without Category's confirmation of it, with the Crowbar in your possession and your Warmonger tendencies showing it was clearly obvious you were going to swipe it at the next opportunity.

8 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Seriously the gun has extra conditions I was unaware of. Also: the gun seems to have different conditions for town and scum, so you can prove that I'm town once you get the gun. You can't shoot innocent people (or people who have not been investigated), therefore I can't shoot retal (he wasn't investigated) or fraydo (he's innocent still). For scum the conditions would probably be less restrictive.

It's a relief that you cannot shoot me or my unorthodox sleep aid. How are you sure that there are different conditions for town and scum?

15 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

So...

maxresdefault.jpg

I have achieved my personal goal to HOARD all the game items, and eliminated the most annoying person (KY).

The gun is pretty much unlocked, and I will use it. So let's play a game... First person to vote for me is getting shot. There are no limitations on the gun when it comes to reload so who knows maybe it can be used again.

Also, the WT is pretty high so don't try to lynch me. Remember, I have backed up Jeod, he was town. No matter what you think about my methods or alignment, if you lynch a town person, the WT will go even higher. You can try it, but don't complain I haven't warned ya. I don't care if you morons end the game so pathetically but who cares?

If you lynch FRAYDO today, nobody gets shot. So what do you say?

We shouldn't negotiate with terrorists. While I, and I can safely assume the others too, would like for you to forfeit your acquired items and weapons and be placed behind bars, you are aggressively impeding the search for evidence.

##voteinvestigate TheIrishman

Irish is yet to be investigated, and the investigation on him should yield another important piece of evidence. I would like confirmation from Irish if his status is Innocent so we are not locking up our Doctor for the night. If you are anything but Innocent Irish please highlight me so I may retract the vote.

##votenominate Category5

No one is more reliable to push us towards the evidence win than Category.

##votelynch NoLynch

Lynching only serves your purpose of raising World Tension, Verti. If you want the evidence win, then there is no sense in shortening the time limit even more. You should consider placing more thought in your Investigation vote and help uncover the remaining evidence. Additionally, you should be using the Spyglass on Retaliation as suggested. That's assuming you can be trusted to do so instead of stealing from Irish or Retal tonight.

Lets assume vert doesn't play along and we just investigate Vert. Retal's patented World Doomsday Scenario is as follows:

1) No decrease in world tension from jailing hostile so we remain at 71%

2) Scum kills one of us and brings tension up by 20% somehow

3) We sit at 91% the final day with 2 remaining scum

I think we can still win or at least tie. If there's a night kill it's not done by FRAYDO so we obviously just shoot chaos. Game doesn't end so we lynch FRAYDO. I can't imagine using the gun would put us at 100% and killing non town doesn't seem to increase WT. 

I can't believe you guys want Verti to not be investigated. There's no possible way he isn't at least suspicous if not outright hostile with all his random murdering. Either way we get all his items in the vault and can actually use them for good instead of raising World Tension.

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I thought there was a 10% decrease for investigating a hostile? Also I don't think Jeod being NK'ed gave that much of a boost either.

You're right, but this is Retal's Patented World Doomsday Scenario. I'm presuming we're super wrong about stuff. I'm pretty sure locking up hostiles decreases tension by 10 and a town death is worth 5 world tension.

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

I can't believe you guys want Verti to not be investigated. There's no possible way he isn't at least suspicous if not outright hostile with all his random murdering. Either way we get all his items in the vault and can actually use them for good instead of raising World Tension.

For me it's a combination of how he's been helpful and I wasn't sure if we could eek out a win without his help. Now I believe we can.

##vote investigate VERTi60

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Wow, I knew FRAYDO's post was going to be a big deal for my argument, but did you seriously go from attacking a single person in that long post only to investigate someone else?

Disregard the trigger-happy, grenade-throwing, typewriter-using lunatic and focus solely on uncovering the remaining evidence today? Yes, I did.

Alright, so there are a couple things I'm noticing in my review that I think I need help thinking on.

First, because of VERTi60 finding evidence on me, it's confirmed that the SpyGlass can find evidence that isn't known about. So, with that in mind, that means the evidence we found on OrangeP47 was given to him after I used the spyglass on him. We investigated FRAYDO the next day, so the evidence didn't come from FRAYDO either. It does indeed appear that there is a third scum that must have passed evidence to OrangeP47.

VERTi60 and OrangeP47 were tied in the vote a few days ago. If they were both scum, why would the both vote each other and setup a tie like that? If both are scum, getting VERTi60 investigated at that moment is far more favorable than having OrangeP47 investigated. Were they counting on FRAYDO breaking the tie?