[Closed4now] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game VI (Even more Shocking than expected!)

VERTi60

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

The percentage thing was true in RA, so therefore iirc it couldn't destroy buildings. It'd take a third, then a third off the remaining health (not original health), etc.

It did around 40% of the total amount of HP on any ground or sea unit that wasn't an infantry unit.

The effects of the explosion do not vary: any vehicles, ships, and aircraft (even flying aircraft - probably due to engine limitations) in a large area around the MAD Tank (approximately the same area as a nuclear blast, a 10-tile radius) take damage equivalent to 45% of their maximum hitpoints, while structures in the same area take 40% damage. As a result, provided no time for significant repairs between detonations, just three MAD Tanks can destroy absolutely any non-infantry unit or structure outright.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

This shockwave is going to do friendly fire, right? Because it's being set off in an odd way? Actually I just realized I've been making some assumptions that maybe shouldn't be made.

In RA, the shockwave dealt damage to anyone, including friendlies.

4 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

The results from Jeod's shockwave will be all the defence I need.

Well, that my corpse will need.

You're on the verge of being lynched, yet you still stay vague.

Just now, Nodlied said:

In RA, the shockwave dealt damage to anyone, including friendlies.

Yeah... thought so... I just see town as getting hit more than scum.  I don't think we'd see allied buildings twice in a row, at a game size this size, but maaaaaybe vehicles.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Yeah... thought so... I just see town as getting hit more than scum.  I don't think we'd see allied buildings twice in a row, at a game size this size, but maaaaaybe vehicles.

Well, to be fair, a MAD tank would be a great weapon against a potential Allied structure.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Well, to be fair, a MAD tank would be a great weapon against a potential Allied structure.

Now you're talking. I have a feeling you realize what's coming.

Just now, Nodlied said:

It would. Either way, I assume it would have been the kind of weapon to be used in a pinch late game, if all our other assets have been neutralized by the allies already.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

It would. Either way, I assume it would have been the kind of weapon to be used in a pinch late game, if all our other assets have been neutralized by the allies already.

Also correct. I wouldn't have been able to manually detonate until N3 at the earliest. Again, I wasn't told anything about an early detonation if shot.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Also correct. I wouldn't have been able to manually detonate until N3 at the earliest. Again, I wasn't told anything about an early detonation if shot.

That in its own is weird, as the MAD tank did not detonate if destroyed in RA. This is a forum game, of course, but still.

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Now you're talking. I have a feeling you realize what's coming.

Yeah, I kinda get what you meant with the ''we're doomed'' post. =/

Well, that depends. All vehicles and structure roles that currently exist will be reduced to mere infantry roles. This will be randomized, so there's still a chance we'll have the scum cornered. On the other hand, this could leave them with some powerful scum roles and us with weaker town roles. As for myself, well I'll explode at the end of the day so.

Just now, Jeod said:

Well, that depends. All vehicles and structure roles that currently exist will be reduced to mere infantry roles. This will be randomized, so there's still a chance we'll have the scum cornered. On the other hand, this could leave them with some powerful scum roles and us with weaker town roles. As for myself, well I'll explode at the end of the day so.

>Explode at the end of the day

Oh

OH
OH

Does that mean?
pt_so_technician.png

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

Well, what does your meta tell you now?

Im being vague because Im not quite sure whats going to happen now. But either way it will be good for town if i land until tomorrow.

You're claiming Hind? You could be a Longbow.

2 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

Im being vague because Im not quite sure whats going to happen now. But either way it will be good for town if i land until tomorrow.

I meant with vague that you didn't really try to defend yourself. You just accepted your faith as being the #1 lynch for today. No role claim, no nothing other than ''results will be a good defense, for my corpse''. Like, what? Why? Explain.

And now you're claiming that you're flying. That's interesting to say at the very least. Depending on the outcome (and if you're speaking the truth), chances are high that there's a helipad/airfield in the game as well.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

It means I'm done with this game. :v

D:

Alright, at a laptop which means I can write my thoughts more clearly.

Mojoman is either a Yak or a Longbow. My role PM says all vehicles will be turned to random infantry and that all buildings will be forced to dismantle. If there's an Allied building, they'll likely become a Spy. Since this would happen at the end of the day, then they will have a night action available immediately. Cop roles beware.

Please note that the OP states that there is a mystery role in this game. My role PM classifies me as Custom VI, not Mystery VI. This adds additional suspicion to Mojoman, since I don't see why a random Yak would be alerted to an experimental vehicle. A Longbow, however, might be.

I would also like to invite the Allies to stop this detonation. A quid pro quo, if you will. If the Allies have a Rocket Soldier, they can shoot me to kill me before I detonate. But they will obviously be lynched. The choice is yours.

Whelp. This is a rather interesting development. Jeod do you know if it'd include units that are flying like Mojo claimed? Just clarifying, it'll be randomized, so the units that vehicles and building will turn into will be random? It's neat. Gets rid of any scum buildings, but could help or hurt us with whatever people turn into. (nevermind, clarified before I could finish posting)

I kinda feel bad for Vert. He brought in 5 new units, 3 for Town, 2 for scum, and yet they'll be rendered completely pointless without anyone using them. Oh well, next game I suppose.

With this, the roles we have to look out for will be dramatically reduced.

For Town: Rifle Infantry, Flamethrower, Officer, Sniper, Starshina, Attack Dog, Engineer, Shock Trooper, and RPG Soldier. [(9) though I doubt you'd be able to turn into an Attack Dog, we might already have one]

For Scum: Rifle Infantry, Spy, Sniper, Medic, Engineer, Thief, and Rocket Soldier. (7)

I'll feel bad for anyone who becomes an RPG/Rocket Soldier.

For our engineer, will he be able to bring back a building even if it's been turned into something else? Otherwise he'd become even worse than the RPG soldier.

Officer also becomes shit since everyone will be infantry.

Scum Rife Infantry basically becomes shit too unless the engineer can bring back a building.

With this Town will have either 2 or 3/9 shitty roles, while scum will have 1/7 or 2/7 shitty roles. If you take away the Attack Dog as an option for unit replacement, we'll have 2/8 or 3/8. Statistically speaking, this would be more beneficial to scum, but if you add in the fact that there'll be no unlynchable scum, it might balance out.

Nodlied, care to explain on the technician reference?

1 hour ago, Mojoman said:

Submarines don't land.