[Game Over-Warmonger Victory] Cuban Missile Crisis Mafia

OrangeP47

Here's something I've been thinking about.

World tension increased by 25% in one night. Shade says the ability they used on KY reduces world tension by 10% if KY is scum. I don't think it's reasonable for scum to be able to jack up world tension by 35% in one night. So I think KY has a point. It didn't proc which means KY can't be scum. 

##unvote

This basically leaves you all with one suspicious soviet player: Me.

I don't really have any defense I can make for myself. It's a big part of why I've been a bit dismissive of the case against me along with a belief that town shouldn't be overly concerned with cases against themselves. I also have a roleclaim that is as liable to get me lynched as it is save me,

I'm going to steal a play from Irish here: I know I'm town. So Shade has to be lying if there's one soviet scum which also implies he's probably not lying about KY. He also seems mighty eager to paint chopbam as LeMay like he's setting up for a later lynch. I think his accusation that I'm trying to get myself lynched is kind of weird. I don't think that's a scenario a new player would think of on their own.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Here's something I've been thinking about.

World tension increased by 25% in one night. Shade says the ability they used on KY reduces world tension by 10% if KY is scum. I don't think it's reasonable for scum to be able to jack up world tension by 35% in one night. So I think KY has a point. It didn't proc which means KY can't be scum. 

##unvote

This basically leaves you all with one suspicious soviet player: Me.

I don't really have any defense I can make for myself. It's a big part of why I've been a bit dismissive of the case against me along with a belief that town shouldn't be overly concerned with cases against themselves. I also have a roleclaim that is as liable to get me lynched as it is save me,

I'm going to steal a play from Irish here: I know I'm town. So Shade has to be lying if there's one soviet scum which also implies he's probably not lying about KY. He also seems mighty eager to paint chopbam as LeMay like he's setting up for a later lynch. I think his accusation that I'm trying to get myself lynched is kind of weird. I don't think that's a scenario a new player would think of on their own.

Vote counted!

CVC

World Tension is at 40

Nodlied voted no one
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Killing_You voted Retaliation
Shade voted no lynch
Retaliation voted no one
Mojoman voted no one

Retaliation and no lynch lead with 2/9 votes cast!

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

Okay this is going to bug me.

Shade, I demand you take your vote on nolynch down. Unvote or put your vote on your best scumread. I don't care which.

I would rather not, if I'm right and lynching a Scum member also raises WT by 15 points, then by tomorrow morning if I'm wrong about using my ability on Irish, then scum will have 80 points at the start of day 3, and we probably won't be able to kill the other two Scum members before WT hits 100.

If we don't lynch anyone today, then they don't gain those 15 points so for Day 3 Scum need 35 points in order to win instead of just 20.

Which does naturally make me suspicious of anyone who's suggesting any form of lynching at this time.

Just now, Killing You said:

Maybe you misunderstood me.

Take your vote off of nolynch. That's an order. Nolynch gives scum a free nightkill and we learn nothing. And how would lynching Scum heighten World Tension?

More importantly we have no alternative win condition. We can only win by killing scum and the only way we can kill scum is by lynching!

##vote Shade

Maybe you misunderstood me.

Take your vote off of nolynch. That's an order. Nolynch gives scum a free nightkill and we learn nothing. And how would lynching Scum heighten World Tension?

Admittedly, this is probably the part where I am being overly paranoid, but I believe that the passive Scum ability that my role was meant to counteract would also proc off of other Scum members dieing.

Which is also my reasoning for suspecting that the Scum team might try sacrificing their own members for an easy win.

Just now, Retaliation said:

More importantly we have no alternative win condition. We can only win by killing scum and the only way we can kill scum is by lynching!

##vote Shade

Vote Counted!

CVC

World Tension is at 40

Nodlied voted no one
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Shade voted no lynch
Retaliation voted Shade
Mojoman voted no one

Retaliation, Shade, and no lynch lead with 3/9 votes cast!

So you stand firm in your vote on nolynch, then?

Based on my current reasoning yes, it makes more sense to play with the WT loss condition in mind since that would occur before Scum could win by night killings, if the passive does function like I think it does.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

You leave me no choice.

##Bang Shoe Shade

Action Processed!

CVC

World Tension is at 40

Nodlied voted no one
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Shade cannot vote
Retaliation voted Shade
Mojoman voted no one

Retaliation and Shade lead with 2/8 votes cast!

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Action Processed!

CVC

World Tension is at 40

Nodlied voted no one
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Shade cannot vote
Retaliation voted Shade
Mojoman voted no one

Retaliation and Shade lead with 2/8 votes cast!

I'm fairly certain it's supposed to be the other way around for my character though...

Shade, please explain what you think was supposed to have happened.

As for the historical significance of your character, frankly I don't care. I will not tolerate a nolynch past D1. Even on D1 I'm super hesitant to allow it.

As for the historical significance of your character, frankly I don't care. I will not tolerate a nolynch past D1. Even on D1 I'm super hesitant to allow it.

Exactly what did happen, it's just ironic since this is roughly the exact opposite of the historical event my character took part in during the crisis.

25 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Also, to make it clear, that was an attempt at a joke on my part about the irony of my character losing a vote against two fellow Soviets.

It wasn't any sort of condemnation or defense against your decision based on who my character is in this game is.

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

I watched TheIrishMan last night. Nobody visited him.

I'll believe you for now, but can you talk some more, Jeod? You're one of the more vocal players I know and you help keep things fun. At least the game is more fun to me the more active players are.

2 hours ago, Killing You said:

Also, Irish, did you get a notification about Jeod's visit?

No, I did not, which could mean he's lying or that Orange just decided to not inform us.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Ok, so locked simply means they didn't do anything and weren't role blocked or anything like that, thanks for the clarification on that.

Not quite, you didn't play Nodlied's game but in it certain players could have locked abilities, which means the player can't use their abilities until WT reaches a certain level. In some cases you would only be told that the WT needs to be higher and aren't given a specific WT threshold. I was saying that my stuff was unusable and since that's the case, I didn't do anything last night.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

As I did state, my theory was based largely around my role and it's abilities and the assumptions I've made based on it.

Even if I do suspect you three, I can use my ability to investigate Irishman and depending on what happens to WT, I can fairly easily disprove my own theory at the start of D3.

I'd rather you target Retaliation or KY since they're the main scum suspects right now, but if this will help bring the investigation back on track, go for it.

9 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

No, I did not, which could mean he's lying or that Orange just decided to not inform us.

Well, I didn't get notified of Shade's visit either, so it seems to me that visitors aren't reported.