[Game Over-Warmonger Victory] Cuban Missile Crisis Mafia

OrangeP47

13 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Generally Shade, you'd be noted as suspicious for following KY's lead to vote so quickly, but I think it's excusable in this case as you're new and it's also the first day, so our leads are meager at best. Also who knows, we might strike gold. But I'd like to hear what Irish has to say before day end, if anything, before making a decision.

I would also like to hear him defend himself.

Also, double checked with Ornage how lynching works, and since Irish will outright die in this case instead of having a chance to defend himself I'll change my vote.

##Unvote

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I would also like to hear him defend himself.

Also, double checked with Ornage how lynching works, and since Irish will outright die in this case instead of having a chance to defend himself I'll change my vote.

##Unvote

Vote counted!

CVC

Current World Tension Level:  0 

Nodlied voted Voe
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Killing_You voted TheIrishMan
Voe voted no one
Cat 5 voted no one
Shade voted no one
Retaliation voted no one
Mojoman voted no one

TheIrishMan and Voe lead with 2/11 votes cast!

I don't really have much to contribute so far, and the same could be said about many others. I think the only thing productive I've done so far is change my avatar. I know a lot about the Cuban Missile Crisis, since I'm a bit of a history buff and did like 3 essays relating to it, so I was tempted to post a compiled list of potential characters and their possible roles, assuming this is historically accurate, but I decided against it since if I did publicly post that, it'd only give scum a list of characters to choose from. I have a couple ideas on who Shade could be since he claims to be Russian and I don't think he'd be scum. If Shade is Town, KY could still be Town too, though it'd be less likely. And the proclaimed fact of Russian being Soviet by Shade leads me to be more suspicious of KY. But at the same time, it's silly to lie about being Russian. The only thing that sounds worse than Russian in this game is Cuban. Although he would've been better off lying and saying he's American. I have no idea who Mojo is since I can't remember any woman that could be involved in the incident, besides maybe Kennedy's wife, but he said that he's Canadian.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

##vote Retaliation

Roulette time.

Vote counted!

CVC

Nodlied voted Voe
Jeod voted Retaliation
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Voe voted no one
Cat 5 voted no one
Shade voted no one
Retaliation voted no one
Mojoman voted no one

TheIrishMan, Voe, and Retaliation lead with 3/11 votes cast!

Well since Voe isn't here and I'd rather not die.

##Vote Voe

After Voe, Retaliation, FRAYDO, KY, and Chopbam are my top suspects.

Retaliation because of his fluff. He stated his prime suspects live in the mojave desert, but didn't follow through with that.

FRAYDO because his fluff. He can do better than that.

KY because he's the first to state that nationalities don't matter while putting out there that he's Russian, which Shade's statement contradicts.

And ChopBam for his collaborating with KY to an extent and asking for Cat5's opinion rather than offering up his own.

It's all pretty weak though being D1.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Well since Voe isn't here and I'd rather not die.

##Vote Voe

After Voe, Retaliation, FRAYDO, KY, and Chopbam are my top suspects.

Retaliation because of his fluff. He stated his prime suspects live in the mojave desert, but didn't follow through with that.

FRAYDO because his fluff. He can do better than that.

KY because he's the first to state that nationalities don't matter while putting out there that he's Russian, which Shade's statement contradicts.

And ChopBam for his collaborating with KY to an extent and asking for Cat5's opinion rather than offering up his own.

It's all pretty weak though being D1.

Vote counted!

CVC

Nodlied voted Voe
Jeod voted Retaliation
TheIrishman voted Voe
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Voe voted no one
Cat 5 voted no one
Shade voted no one
Retaliation voted no one
Mojoman voted no one

Voe leads with 4/11 votes cast!

Final Day One CVC

Nodlied voted Voe
Jeod voted Retaliation
TheIrishman voted Voe
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Voe voted no one
Cat 5 voted no one
Shade voted no one
Retaliation voted no one
Mojoman voted no one

Voe leads with 4/11 votes cast!

Voe has been selected to be lynched!

Everyone gathers round and quickly stones Voe to death. Only once he's dead on the ground do they realize what a terrible mistake has been made.  The leader of the free world is dead!  He was a world leader and thus more important than some of the other town players!

Voe

President John F. Kennedy

Alignment:  Town

Nationality:  American

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy

Action Names:

Calm <target> - Day Action

Speech - Night Action

WORLD TENSION HAS BEEN RAISED TO 15.

-----

Night One begins.

Players are limited to two night posts.

Players will be punished if they fail to vote two days in a row.

Holy shit xD Now I feel bad, I feel like Osborne now.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Wow. I regret sparing Irish now.

Yeah, I kind of do too. I was tempted to just vote KY and have RNGesus choose, but I haven't played a full mafia game in over 2 months so I didn't want to die due to some bullshit luck.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Holy shit xD Now I feel bad, I feel like Osborne now.

Yeah, I kind of do too. I was tempted to just vote KY and have RNGesus choose, but I haven't played a full mafia game in over 2 months so I didn't want to die due to some bullshit luck.

If you’re nightkilled, your death might end up raising tension depending on nationality. Would definitely prove whether it matters.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

If you’re nightkilled, your death might end up raising tension depending on nationality. Would definitely prove whether it matters.

It probably does, although hopefully it varies so every time someones dies it isn't raised by 15 points at the very least.

24 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Retaliation because of his fluff. He stated his prime suspects live in the mojave desert, but didn't follow through with that

8b9.gif

Apparently people don't appreciate trying to get people to talk by injecting some levity into the joke phase. Otherwise all the talk has been when I've been sleeping or in class

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

8b9.gif

Apparently people don't appreciate trying to get people to talk by injecting some levity into the joke phase. Otherwise all the talk has been when I've been sleeping or in class

:p My bad, I played plenty of Fallout yet I didn't even think about it. I was just trying to search for clues and yours didn't make sense. Guess this makes me FRAYDO? The situation is very similar to the CYOR II game where my jokes were lost on him and he took them seriously. Wait...if I'm FRAYDO I guess I'll be dying tonight by a bullet that was shot in the opposite direction, ricocheting off 5 different objects before it lands in between my brow.

Guess we'll never know what "calm" or "speech" did. Killed a world leader? Good going guys.

1 hour ago, TheIrishman said:

When have I not been a suspect of yours early on? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Retaliation said:

Otherwise all the talk has been when I've been sleeping or in class.

Oh no, not this bullshit again.

What the flux, people. Voe didn't even show up to play yet, let alone defend himself.

Now, in my defense of my nationality argument, it did have a purpose (Aside from keeping anyone from going "Soviet=Scum"). I want to get an idea of who's from where and cross-reference that with other data that we either have or speculate on.

Let's assume Cat5's proposed setup (3 scum, each with a different role) is the truth. I'd be willing to bet that we'd have 2 Soviets and an American scum. The Russian submarine captain, a different Soviet (most likely Cuban), and an American. This would be similar to the July Crisis Mafia in that there's town and scum on all sides of the conflict, pulling in different directions to reach a different goal.

6 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

I know a lot about the Cuban Missile Crisis, since I'm a bit of a history buff and did like 3 essays relating to it, so I was tempted to post a compiled list of potential characters and their possible roles, assuming this is historically accurate, but I decided against it since if I did publicly post that, it'd only give scum a list of characters to choose from.

Fair enough. I think you should do so, but only post who you think scum could be. My goal is to build a rubric that can assist us in dissecting the setup and rooting out the scum.

20 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Final Day One CVC

Voe has been selected to be lynched!

Everyone gathers round and quickly stones Voe to death. Only once he's dead on the ground do they realize what a terrible mistake has been made.  The leader of the free world is dead!  He was a world leader and thus more important than some of the other town players!

Voe

President John F. Kennedy

Alignment:  Town

Nationality:  American

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy

To be really fair, this doesn't come as a surprise... Kinda sucks that the one that stopped the US military from going to war is dead...

So what are the chances that a rogue general can now do some dangerous stuff?