[Game Over-Warmonger Victory] Cuban Missile Crisis Mafia

OrangeP47

37 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Jeod, I followed up on Cat5's lead with ChopBam being Curtis LeMay. If you google search his avatar, you'll find out that it's Malcolm Granger from Command & Conquer, who's an air force general (I know Chop already basically admitted as much, but I had no idea what GenZH was). If you just google "air force general cuban missile crisis" it brings up pretty much every link possible for Curtis LeMay. While I don't doubt ChopBam's lack of historical knowledge, from the picture I think we can at least be pretty certain that ChopBam is a high ranking officer in the military, which helps keep him on the suspect list.

Again, I can see where you'd get this but until Cat5 pointed out the coincidental connection, I didn't know who Curtis LeMay was. So again, it's purely coincidental, and even if it wasn't, at the time I had no reason to deny being him even if I was him. Cat5 wouldn't have suspected me even if I claimed to be LeMay, so the possible argument that I silenced Cat5 because he was "onto me" is a nonexistent connection at best. I'm waiting for somebody to pursue that argument though so I can get some more solid leads.

Although...

3 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Used a one time use ability on cat5 that only works when he's alive. 

I'm skeptical of this, if you ask me.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Pretty suspicious, but I'm inclined to believe you because most people wouldn't admit that if they were scum. Unless they think they were tracked...If it's a one time use ability, why not tell us what it is since you already used it. Unless it didn't count with your target dead.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

And what does this ability do?

I'm hesitant to go further into it because my second ability (also a night action) ties into it and is still of some use.

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Care to explain your reasoning for targeting them?

I needed to do it to someone for full use of my second ability and it would help me figure out cat5's alignment in the process. 

Just now, Retaliation said:

Cat5 is as good player. I wasted so much time second guessing him near the end of the last mafia game I played I didn't want to repeat that.

Well, I certainly don't know how the last game went so I can't argue with that. :v

Anyone else care to share their judgement on this?

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Cat5 is as good player. I wasted so much time second guessing him near the end of the last mafia game I played I didn't want to repeat that.

Out of everyone to check over something as simple as "second guessing," you chose Cat5. Was there really no one else you were scumreading D1? Or did you forgo checking your scumreads in favor of aforementioned "second guessing"?

4 hours ago, Shade939 said:

So, about the only useful information I can provide at the moment is my ability might have lowered WT by 10 points.

Does anybody else have actions that adjust WT? 35 points for a nightkill is very alarming to me.

10 minutes ago, Killing You said:

I think it's safe to say that scum have abilities that heighten WT.

It wouldn't surprise me if investigations and spying add to world tension. This makes sense to me, and it would help balance things out (albeit slightly) if daily additive WT decelerates when town power roles are eliminated. What I'm getting out of our numbers though is that we should redouble our efforts to find scum, as that'll be the most sure-fire way to stop WT from increasing, rather than allowing our PR's to be discovered and killed.

6 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Out of everyone to check over something as simple as "second guessing," you chose Cat5. Was there really no one else you were scumreading D1? Or did you forgo checking your scumreads in favor of aforementioned "second guessing"?

I want my target alive for value. 

Just now, Killing You said:

I think it's safe to say that scum have abilities that heighten WT.

I think that's safe to say considering the ability names our dead Kennedys have.

##vote Retaliation

The fact that you admitted to targeting Cat5 was sketchy as is, and when questioned you seem to switch motivations on the fly. This is in addition to you being notably quiet and opaque so far. Plenty of day left for your defense, though, but at the moment you're suspect Alpha in my book.

4 minutes ago, Killing You said:

##vote Retaliation

The fact that you admitted to targeting Cat5 was sketchy as is, and when questioned you seem to switch motivations on the fly. This is in addition to you being notably quiet and opaque so far. Plenty of day left for your defense, though, but at the moment you're suspect Alpha in my book.

Vote counted!

CVC

World Tension is at 40

Nodlied voted no one
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Killing_You voted Retaliation
Shade voted no one
Retaliation voted no one
Mojoman voted no one

Retaliation leads with 1/9 votes cast!

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Hmmgh, let's make things interesting.

##no lynch

Vote counted!

CVC

World Tension is at 40

Nodlied voted no one
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Killing_You voted Retaliation
Shade voted no lynch
Retaliation voted no one
Mojoman voted no one

Retaliation and no lynch lead with 2/9 votes cast!

I can understand it since Cat5 is one of the people you'd prefer knowing whether he'll have your back, but I still think Retaliation should stay on the suspect list. He could be buying time to make up a well written ability with his hesitance as well.

(that moment when you forget to even consider yourself as scum and recount repeatedly because you swore there were 9 players left alive).

So far my suspect list goes in order goes: 

Retaliation - Top of the list right now with what little we have.

FRAYDO - I don't trust a quiet FRAYDO, and lately you've been pretty good at catching hostiles, considering the game I hosted (congrats again on picking both OrangeP47 and KY right away) and when I was TP (even though you would've lost without me ;). Give me more so I can clear you.

Killing You - Asking for nationalities does peak my interest with you since it mostly reminds me of the fact that you were an assassin who had to kill people of a certain nationality last game. Also you mentioned you were a Soviet (Russian) first to avoid catching flak for it. Getting out ahead before the inevitable train comes also puts you at the forefront.

ChopBam - Moved down a bit since I'm less inclined to believe KY and Chop were collaborating, but still up there since he could be the American scum.

Jeod - I don't appreciate the lack of input from you either. This is what you've said all game.

We can still have some good ol’ McCarthyism. I'm an American and I'm gay for Kennedy. Laurent, is that you? Also, take note everyone. Being gay for Kennedy makes Cat5 townread you. You’re all wrong. OrangeP47 is the real warmonger. ##vote Retaliation Roulette time. Also Shade is town. Wow. I regret sparing Irish now. Holy unexpected early daystart Batman! Cat5 guessed that ChopBam might be Curtis LeMay, and initially thought that Mojoman made a TP slip. Did anyone check on Irish, out of curiosity, given his voting choice yesterday?

Bolded words are "productive". Things with a strikethrough are jokes.

We can still have some good ol’ McCarthyism. I'm an American and I'm gay for Kennedy. Laurent, is that you? Also, take note everyone. Being gay for Kennedy makes Cat5 townread you. You’re all wrong. OrangeP47 is the real warmonger. ##vote Retaliation Roulette time. Also Shade is town. Wow. I regret sparing Irish now. Holy unexpected early daystart Batman! Cat5 guessed that ChopBam might be Curtis LeMay, and initially thought that Mojoman made a TP slip. Did anyone check on Irish, out of curiosity, given his voting choice yesterday?

The only potentially productive things that you've done is state your nationality, somehow "confirm" that Shade is town without saying anymore, and try to point out Cat5's statement that he already basically agreed to be pointless. I need more from you Jeod, because it looks like you're scum that's laying low with a joke here or there. Add that with the "regret" of sparing me to give yourself sympathy points. I need some of that good ol' fashioned scum hunting, Jeod.

Nodlied - He's been doing decent as Town so far and he's away babysitting cats so he gets a pass for now.

Mojoman - No matter how I try, I can't think of a Canadian woman who could be scum. So unless he's lying, I doubt he's scum.

Shade - I'm pretty confident that he isn't scum. Though if he pulls an OrangeP47 and wins it, bravo.

3 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Nodlied - He's been doing decent as Town so far and he's away babysitting cats so he gets a pass for now.

By "decent as town," you mean voting for Voe just like you did? Hmmmmm.....................

3 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Mojoman - No matter how I try, I can't think of a Canadian woman who could be scum. So unless he's lying, I doubt he's scum.

While hilarious, I don't consider this a legit argument.

You do have some good points though and I agree that Shade is probably town.

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Care to explain why you're so confident in this fact at least?

Your questions and lack of knowledge of General game mechanics from earlier in the thread would have been shown in a scum doc.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Your questions and lack of knowledge of General game mechanics from earlier in the thread would have been shown in a scum doc.

A fair point, I would be far less likely to make some of the mistakes I did if I was actually communicating with other players before acting.

Just now, Jeod said:

Why are you such a tryhard this game dude? It’s giving me a scum vibe honestly.

I've been a "tryhard" lately as I've been getting better and better at the game, especially as I've learned to pick up more with people's language since I was pretty bad at it initially. Also with Cat5 gone, someone has to. I did the same thing last time he died in that APB game, remember Dr. Ryuk?

I say decent as Town as in he hasn't done anything to arouse my suspicion yet.

True, it hardly clears him, but it's a pretty boldfaced lie and if he can't come up with the actual name of his character within I day or two, he'll be doubted and probably lynched. Not to mention that we probably have a cop role or two that can look him up.

Mafia Edit:

19 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

By "decent as town," you mean voting for Voe just like you did? Hmmmmm.....................

While hilarious, I don't consider this a legit argument.

You do have some good points though and I agree that Shade is probably town.