[Game Over-Warmonger Victory] Cuban Missile Crisis Mafia

OrangeP47

Day 2

Everyone wakes up to a nice, cold, dismal October day. Everyone warily checks to make sure everyone made it through the night to assemble in the dining hall.  One person is missing. Cat 5 is found dead in the hallway, murdered in the night!

Cat 5

Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy

Alignment:  Town

Nationality:  American

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy

Actions:

##injunction - Night Action

##brotherly love - Night Action

-----

That's not all that occurred last night, too. Though cloaked in secrecy, various intrigue occurred at night, further raising world tension.

CVC

World Tension is at 40

Nodlied voted no one
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Killing_You voted no one
Shade voted no one
Retaliation voted no one
Mojoman voted no one

No player leads with 0/9 votes cast!

Great, our best detective is dead. I figured he would've been the one to protect if possible.

And how are we at 40 already?!

So list of scum suspects. Captain Valentin Grigorievitch Savitsky, Political Officer Ivan Semonovich Maslennikov, Fidel Castro, General Lyman Lemnizter, maybe General Curtis LeMay, and maybe General Edward Lansdale

Captain Savitsky was the one of the 3 senior officers of the B-59 nuclear submarine who voted to launch the nuclear missiles.

Political Officer Maslennikov was another one of the 3 senior officers of the B-59 nuclear submarine who voted to launch the nuclear missiles.

Fidel Castro was the leader of Cuba, but he was also known to be overly paranoid and protective, which could cause him to lash out toward the U.S.

General Lemnizter drafted Operation Northwoods. He was stripped from his position as Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff by Kennedy do the aforementioned operation, though he was later sent over to lead NATO.

General Curtis LeMay was one of the greatest advocates when it came to going to war with Cuba, wanting to invade Cuba even immediately after the crisis was resolved. He was also one of the main supporting characters for Operation Northwoods.

Generals Lansdale was the head of Operation Mongoose and would’ve been the head of Operation Northwoods if it didn’t get rejected.

Operation Mongoose (The Cuban Project) was designed to take out executive figures in Cuba, helping overthrow Castro while also creating sufficient justification to have the military intervene with the Cuban government.

Operation Northwoods had a similar goal to Mongoose, but under more drastic measures, including by staging terrorist attacks on U.S. soil, killing innocent civilians.

Oh and I didn't do anything last night, my stuff is locked.

5 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

And how are we at 40 already?!

50 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

That's not all that occurred last night, too. Though cloaked in secrecy, various intrigue occurred at night, further raising world tension.

Assuming  that Cat 5's death raised WT by 15 points just like Voe's death did, that would only mean a 10 point WT raise by someone or someones abilities.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Assuming  that Cat 5's death raised WT by 15 points just like Voe's death did, that would only mean a 10 point WT raise by someone or someones abilities.

True, but you said you think your ability lowered it by 10, which means it would've really have been at 50. I doubt there'd be a single person that could raise it by more than 10, so that'd mean there's at least 2 other people that raised it by 10. And I was hoping that it was only World Leaders that attributed to a 15 point increase. If that truly is the case, then I'd guess other deaths would be 10 points, with that the WT was raised by either 15 or 25 via other means, depending on if you actually lowered it by 10.

Every person is worth 15 points. If this is the case, it seems the game would end too early, especially since the WT was raised more than expected by other means.

Voe (15) + Cat5 (15) + Unknown (10)  = 40

Voe (15) + Cat5 (15) + Unknown (20) - Shade (10) = 40

Every person is worth 10 points, except for World Leaders who are worth 15.

Voe (15) + Cat5 (10) + Unknown (15) = 40

Voe (15) + Cat5 (10) + Unknown (25) - Shade (10) = 40

Well shit. Kennedy's are dead and we're almost halfway to war. This is really bad.

Also, thanks for the list Irish. Based on the setup and the info you've provided, I'd say that the most likely scumteam (going off of the established rubric) would be... Captain Savitsky, Fidel Castro, and General Curtis LeMay. I'll be able to dissect the players a little bit later to root out the suspects, but for now allow me to take a page from Irish's playbook and officially put this rubric together.

Player Nationality Role Alignment
Nodlied American ??? ???
Jeod American ??? ???
TheIrishman ??? ??? ???
FRAYDO ??? ??? ???
ChopBam American ???

???

Killing_You Soviet (Russian) ??? Town
Shade Soviet (Russian) ???

???

Retaliation ??? ???

???

Mojoman Canadian Naval Officer (?)

???

I want to start using this to map out the setup. I feel we may find our scum laying within.

So, once again, I'd like to know everyone's nationality. I'll be fleshing this out and tweaking it as the game moves on.

I don't know why I'm so surprised cat5 was killed night one considering the last time that happened I was the one who suggested that IIRC.

On 11/28/2017 at 4:56 PM, TheIrishman said:

Well since Voe isn't here and I'd rather not die.

##Vote Voe

After Voe, Retaliation, FRAYDO, KY, and Chopbam are my top suspects.

This reasoning makes no sense to me. Why say he's voting Voe for inactivity then say Voe is one of his top suspects? 

Just realized I glossed over ChopBam's comment. Chop, kinda true, but it's usually pretty tough to tell if you're scum so I always put you on my list just in case. Though, it's mostly if KY is scum since you coordinated well with him pretty quickly. And, hey, it worked the first time when I punched you. :p 

Stealing my stuff, KY >.> If you're going to make a table, don't forget to include everything, like changes in WT and night actions. As for your suspects, it's basically along the same lines as mine. I think it's either Savitsky or Maslennikov since they both had their fingers on the trigger with the nukes. Then Fidel because he's the obvious main antagonist of the crisis. Between Lemnizter, LeMay, and Lansdale, it's toss since anyone of them have enough on them to be scum. Also, I think there has to be at least one American scum, otherwise it's too easy to clear everyone of suspicion.

I suppose I could've clarified further, Retaliation. I meant "After Voe" as in excluding him from the topic since I already voted him. Or you could think of it as "After Voe is gone, Retaliation, FRAYDO..." There were 5 minutes left for the vote when I posted, which left enough time for people to change the vote, but I felt it most likely that Voe would be lynched by that point.

It was a rough draft anyway. If you want to take that table and run with it, go ahead and do so. Mine was mostly based on my speculation of the setup mixed with Cat5's input, since I intend to cross reference the claimed roles and nationalities with everyone's behavior. Speaking of which, what nation are you from?

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

Cat5 guessed that ChopBam might be Curtis LeMay, and initially thought that Mojoman made a TP slip. Did anyone check on Irish, out of curiosity, given his voting choice yesterday?

My first inclination is to look into the people that Cat5 seemed onto, as with his death, the trail falls cold.

My second inclination is that the scum targeted him because he's a damn good detective and when they get a chance they'll kill him as early as possible so he won't figure out who they are.

My third inclination is to go back and check out the people who voted for Voe on D1, although if i'm going to be honest with you all, I would have probably considered doing the same at the time. Voe was AFK and pending other leads, we tend to D1 lynch the inactives. It did seem a bit like a bandwagon to me, though, so this line of reasoning is definitely not off the table and can help us settle a lynch later.

6 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Just realized I glossed over ChopBam's comment. Chop, kinda true, but it's usually pretty tough to tell if you're scum so I always put you on my list just in case. Though, it's mostly if KY is scum since you coordinated well with him pretty quickly. And, hey, it worked the first time when I punched you. :p 

Well I guess, but in that game where you punched me and I was scum, I certainly wasn't playing very well to hide my alignment. So I have my hit and miss moments for sure.

With you giving KY charting tips is he your new protégé? You'd make Chaos Knight damn proud since he has a true affinity for charts. :v

I think I'm going to side with Category 5 on the nationality being hidden for now. In Nodlied's warmonger game there were 2 different characters whose goals focused on specific targets. One was yours that had to kill 3 austo-hungarian targets, the other was FRAYDO as Kane, trying to make sure 2 specific players survived. I can tell you that I'm a navy officer though.

Jeod, I followed up on Cat5's lead with ChopBam being Curtis LeMay. If you google search his avatar, you'll find out that it's Malcolm Granger from Command & Conquer, who's an air force general (I know Chop already basically admitted as much, but I had no idea what GenZH was). If you just google "air force general cuban missile crisis" it brings up pretty much every link possible for Curtis LeMay. While I don't doubt ChopBam's lack of historical knowledge, from the picture I think we can at least be pretty certain that ChopBam is a high ranking officer in the military, which helps keep him on the suspect list.

About the TP claim, I think that was mostly Mojo being Mojo rather than any sort of slip.

Speaking of suspect list, KY, care to elaborate your staunch claim for being Russian rather than Soviet?

I've never seen CK make any tables, but I'll take your word for it.

48 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I suppose I could've clarified further, Retaliation. I meant "After Voe" as in excluding him from the topic since I already voted him. Or you could think of it as "After Voe is gone, Retaliation, FRAYDO..." There were 5 minutes left for the vote when I posted, which left enough time for people to change the vote, but I felt it most likely that Voe would be lynched by that point.

So you decided it would be preferable to lynch an inactive player rather than go with your gut and lynch me or FRAYDO.

3 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Speaking of suspect list, KY, care to elaborate your staunch claim for being Russian rather than Soviet?

Because I'm Russian? I never denied being a Soviet, I simply stated that I am Russian. In fact, I listed myself and Shade as "Soviet (Russian)" since I'll likely be using "Soviet (Cuban)" later. It's not a "staunch claim," it's a simple clarification. I don't understand where this is coming from.

No wonder I was so behind. I forgot to follow the thread.

So we could be in mislynch you lose tomorrow right?

11 start (assuming 3 mafia and 0 TP)
Down to 9
Mislynch today 8
NK 7
Day 3
Mislynch (6) Lose?

I haven't seen anyone collaborating enough though to assume 3 mafia.

As Canadian, I have differing opinions on the US. I don't want the US pushing my country towards having nuclear missiles on our soil, and after the Communist spies were exposed in Canada, I'm antagonistic towards any Communist powers.

All that to say, if anyone tries to analyze me as TP, there's my defense.

I can't think who would be a TP in this game though. I think two of the three people on the missile sub could be mafia (nuke 'em all). But I can't think of anyone who would have their own agenda that would benefit in this scenario. I think we are playing strictly mafia and town.

Just now, Retaliation said:

So you decided it would be preferable to lynch an inactive player rather than go with your gut and lynch me or FRAYDO.

You, FRAYDO, KY or ChopBam.

The only person I could've reached 2 votes against, aside from Voe, was you. So yeah, it was a toss between you and Voe. Voe is usually a chaotic factor that often times has the ability to hurt Town more than he helps it. You on the other hand have given slips that have led to scum loss before, and already mentioned that you might be more inactive due to school  If I had to pick someone to get rid of and be assured that it was going to be the right decision, it'd be Voe.

On 11/27/2017 at 12:01 PM, Killing You said:

Alright, I think we should get our nationalities out in the open in the interest of transparency. Just like the last Crisis Mafia, this isn't about country vs country, so Mr. Hoover up there can throw that line of thinking out the window.

So yeah, in case it isn't obvious enough, I'm Russian.

On 11/27/2017 at 4:44 PM, Shade939 said:

I'm actually a bit reluctant to believe your nationality since I have what should be the same nationality, but it's technically referred to as something other than Russian.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:44 PM, Killing You said:

No worries, you missed the last Crisis mafia so you probably don't understand where I'm coming from. Also hello fellow Soviet (I said Russian because my role is indeed Russian specifically).

On 11/27/2017 at 10:51 PM, Shade939 said:

I will confirm that the Russian nationality is officially called Soviet for this game.

Alright, I'll draw back. I overlooked you saying Soviet and took that as you saying your PM said you were specifically Russian rather than Soviet, which would've contradicted Shade's claim.

7 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

At the moment, I'd really like to hear more information from Retaliation considering how silent they've been.

I'd like to hear more from Jeod, FRAYDO, Retaliation, and Nodlied.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Used a one time use ability on cat5 that only works when he's alive. 

Pretty suspicious, but I'm inclined to believe you because most people wouldn't admit that if they were scum. Unless they think they were tracked...If it's a one time use ability, why not tell us what it is since you already used it. Unless it didn't count with your target dead.