[Game Over-Warmonger Victory] Cuban Missile Crisis Mafia

OrangeP47

On 11/28/2017 at 1:55 AM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

ChopBam, with the combination of your avatar and your nationality claim, you appear to me to effectively be claiming to be Curtis LeMay. Am I reading too much into this?

On 11/28/2017 at 2:17 AM, ChopBam said:

I can see why you'd come to that conclusion. No dice though, as my avatar doesn't directly correlate to my character. I'm not much of a history buff anyway, but I thought the AF general would be a cool avatar as I loved playing him in GenZH, as much cheese as he offers (shut up Nodlied).

21 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Again, I can see where you'd get this but until Cat5 pointed out the coincidental connection, I didn't know who Curtis LeMay was. So again, it's purely coincidental, and even if it wasn't, at the time I had no reason to deny being him even if I was him. Cat5 wouldn't have suspected me even if I claimed to be LeMay, so the possible argument that I silenced Cat5 because he was "onto me" is a nonexistent connection at best. I'm waiting for somebody to pursue that argument though so I can get some more solid leads.

Although...

I'm skeptical of this, if you ask me.

Mainly, I'm suspicious of ChopBam because he claims that he had no idea who Curtis LeMay, even though a quick google search would have revealed the character and the fact that he would be considered a Warmonger, or the fact that our role PMs included a wikiapedia link to the characters biography.

8 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

So, I agree that Retaliation is Fidel Castro.

But here's who I think the other two are that I mentioned.

TheIrishman - Captain Valentin Grigorievitch Savitsky or Political Officer Ivan Semonovich Maslennikov

ChopBam - Curtis LeMay

I'd like to hear what you have to support your claims, because I mostly agree with them if I'm excluded from it.

Right now Retaliation and KY are looking to be the most likely choices for Scum, while it's still pretty hard to tell between FRAYDO, ChopBam, and Jeod.

4 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

This is a point I'll have to consider...

I think, therefore I'm town

I agree with the assertion that if shade was scum he wouldn't be asking basic questions in the thread when he could just ask in the scum doc. 

KY I think you have it backwards. He's been pretty defensive about initially claiming Russian. A good soviet doesn't care about nationality! He's also been annoying persistent about everyone's nationality.

##vote Killing_You

Oh and to stop this nonsense about Castro, I am Vladimir Semichastny, head of the KGB.

This...I'm not sure. I mentioned before about your hesitancy and how you could be spending that time make up something. It does push my suspicions to KY more than you though. Historically, Vlad only dealt with gathering intel, which would make sense for your vaguely claimed investigative action against Cat5. Of course, there is a speculated theory of the KGB being behind the JFK assassination, but nothing substantial was ever found.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I'd like to hear what you have to support your claims, because I mostly agree with them if I'm excluded from it.

Actually, looking at my reasoning, the main reason I suspect you three is because of how coordinated your actions seems to be and how they fall in line with my predictions of how you three would act if you were all scum on the same team.

On 11/28/2017 at 1:31 PM, OrangeP47 said:

Vote counted!

CVC

Current World Tension Level:  0 

Nodlied voted Voe
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
FRAYDO voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Killing_You voted TheIrishMan
Voe voted no one
Cat 5 voted no one
Shade voted TheIrishMan
Retaliation voted no one
Mojoman voted no one

TheIrishMan leads with 3/11 votes cast!

On 11/28/2017 at 1:38 PM, ChopBam said:

Generally Shade, you'd be noted as suspicious for following KY's lead to vote so quickly, but I think it's excusable in this case as you're new and it's also the first day, so our leads are meager at best. Also who knows, we might strike gold. But I'd like to hear what Irish has to say before day end, if anything, before making a decision.

How does it feel to finally be playing in a warmongers game, rather than just hosting it?

Here was this comment from ChopBam to start with, trying to have me not vote Irish guilty day 1, and setting himself up to be supporting my action if I really did lynch Irish who he would have known was a Warmonger.

11 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Mainly, I'm suspicious of ChopBam because he claims that he had no idea who Curtis LeMay, even though a quick google search would have revealed the character and the fact that he would be considered a Warmonger, or the fact that our role PMs included a wikiapedia link to the characters biography.

Um, what? Why would I have done a quick Google search of somebody that I didn't know existed? If you're referring to after Cat5 mentioned him, even Cat5 didn't expect Curtis LeMay to be a warmonger. And my role pm is not a wiki link to Curtis LeMay, because I am not Curtis LeMay. Your sense here = 0.

15 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Here was this comment from ChopBam to start with, trying to have me not vote Irish guilty day 1, and setting himself up to be supporting my action if I really did lynch Irish who he would have known was a Warmonger.

So you're trying to get a pass by being the new guy. See below:

On 11/18/2017 at 2:22 PM, Shade939 said:

Can't say I have much experience with playing Mafia, [...]

On 11/18/2017 at 7:22 PM, Shade939 said:

As for playing the part of the fool, I don't think it should be that difficult a challenge in this case. :p

On 11/26/2017 at 4:47 PM, Shade939 said:

As the confused new guy, I feel obligated [...]

On 11/27/2017 at 2:44 PM, Shade939 said:

But then again I might just be getting hung up a minor detail due to my inexperience with all of this.

Yet, after all this newbie grandstanding, you jump on me when I try to use your start of a bandwagon as a teaching moment. I call double standard, and I'm not sure whether to chalk that up to true inexperience of if you're actually hiding something.

3 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

So you're trying to get a pass by being the new guy. See below:

Yet, after all this newbie grandstanding, you jump on me when I try to use your start of a bandwagon as a teaching moment. I call double standard, and I'm not sure whether to chalk that up to true inexperience of if you're actually hiding something.

Well, since you asked, and it makes little sense for me to suspect this game mechanic is in play without doing a full role reveal.

My character is Vasili Arkhipov, and I had one specif goal I was supposed to fulfill that was mentioned by the GM, I was supposed to stop my fellow Rusian Officer using my abilities or else the Scum Team would have a significant advantage. 

Since my ability was to disable a players passive abilities, I had a rather major hint on what to look out for, so I quickly reached the conclusion that WT is being raised by 15 points whenever a specific scum member kills someone through lynching, so it would be Irish or Nodlified, and Irish is the more likely suspect of the two, or whenever anyone died during the entire game from whatever cause.

And, paying attention to that fact and how quickly WT raised in one night, I realized that Retailition is trying to get lynched, and so I started looking for suspects which led me to suspect ChopBam and Irish.

Just now, ChopBam said:

I'm still completely at a loss for why you think I was supplied with a wiki link to Curtis LeMay.

On 11/29/2017 at 4:16 PM, OrangeP47 said:

Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy

Alignment:  Town

Nationality:  American

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy

Actions:

##injunction - Night Action

##brotherly love - Night Action

That's easy to explain, all of the role PM had wikipedia linkes for the character in them.

16 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

My character is Vasili Arkhipov, and I had one specif goal I was supposed to fulfill that was mentioned by the GM, I was supposed to stop my fellow Rusian Officer using my abilities or else the Scum Team would have a significant advantage. 

Now this is a development. This pretty much confirms to me that our suspected bote captain hellbent on nuking the US is in play.

One thing irks me, though. You said that your night ability disables passives. Yet you also state that you managed to lower World Tension N1, and in your statement you seem to imply that you already used today's discussion to select your suspects when using your night action. Can you clarify what you did N1?

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

That's easy to explain, all of the role PM had wikipedia linkes for the character in them.

Huh, that's cool. And I got a wiki link too, but for my real character. Not Curtis LeMay. This is a basic concept to me. Is anybody besides Shade not getting it?

Just now, ChopBam said:

Huh, that's cool. And I got a wiki link too, but for my real character. Not Curtis LeMay. This is a basic concept to me. Is anybody besides Shade not getting it?

In that case, all you have to do is prove that you're a different character then.

2 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Now this is a development. This pretty much confirms to me that our suspected bote captain hellbent on nuking the US is in play.

One thing irks me, though. You said that your night ability disables passives. Yet you also state that you managed to lower World Tension N1, and in your statement you seem to imply that you already used today's discussion to select your suspects when using your night action. Can you clarify what you did N1?

I visited you since you were a Soviet, and I knew I was hunting for Soviets. Now, the secondary effect of that ability is it also lowers WT by 10 points if I visit scum, but that's going to be basically useless unless I get extremely lucky in figuring out every ability used to change WT that day.

So, assuming that Scum have an ability that raised WT by 15 points whenever anyone dies plus another ability to raise it by 10 WT every night, here's what they could do now.

D2 - We lynch Retaliation, he doens't have the listed Scum ability, so WT increases by 15 points.

N2 - Someone dies to Scum, that's another 15 points, and they use the ability they used the first night for another 10 points.

D3 - WT starts at 80 points, and we lynch Scum member two who doens't have the right ability for another 15 point gain.

N3 - Wt starts at 95 points, last Scum member gets 5 WT and game ends.

6 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

In that case, all you have to do is prove that you're a different character then.

Prove my character, as nobody else who's alive has done?

Or claim my character, as you and a few others have done? I'll claim if it makes you happy.

Richard S. Heyser, USAF, at your command. You can look up the wiki article yourself and connect the dots that the title does not have "Curtis" or "LeMay" in it.

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I visited you since you were a Soviet, and I knew I was hunting for Soviets. Now, the secondary effect of that ability is it also lowers WT by 10 points if I visit scum, but that's going to be basically useless unless I get extremely lucky in figuring out every ability used to change WT that day.

Good thing I don't have any passives. :p

Here's the thing, though: I didn't get notified of being visited. Not sure how that effects anything at present, so we'll put it in the "Save for later" bin.

But let's look at the world tension and see if your ability/suspicions hold up.

Day1 Start- 0%

Day1 End/Night1 Start- 15%

Night1 End/Day2 Start- 40%

Let's assume what you said is true. World Tension goes up by 15% when someone dies to a specific scum, plus a passive 10% increase overnight. That would mean you misfired last night, since the tension rose 25%. However, it would also mean that the one specific scum member would have to be part of every mislynch, which would be easy to spot and might make the game a bit too easy for town. I'm more inclined to believe that the 10% World Tension is the passive ability and the 15% is simply whenever a townie dies.

Thanks for the clarification, though. Your claim holds up, in my book.

9 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Prove my character, as nobody else who's alive has done?

Or claim my character, as you and a few others have done? I'll claim if it makes you happy.

Richard S. Heyser, USAF, at your command. You can look up the wiki article yourself and connect the dots that the title does not have "Curtis" or "LeMay" in it.

I admit, I'm now suspicious that you haven't posted any information considering what roles your character should have?

Coordinated? I'm usually a very active player, you can check any game I've played. I just keep my laptop on all the time, so I hear the, "Yo!" whenever a new post pops up (though video games or reading can prevent that). And if I were scum, why would I put my supposed scum buddy at the forefront of the investigation? As of right now, I suspect KY or Retaliation the most, and if we lynch one and they turn out to be Town, I plan to lynch the other. If we lynch one and they turn out to be Scum, perfect, then we can move on towards wherever the evidence leads us, preferably Jeod, FRAYDO, and ChopBam.

If we forego Retaliation and focus on my other "scum buddy" - ChopBam - He's also been towards the top of my list of suspects.

I've never played as true scum (I was like half-scum in a Cat5's Quantum Mafia), but I know it's usually frowned upon to throw your teammates under the bus, especially so early in game. They usually only do it when they have to, like KY and OrangeP47's obvious little drama, seen here. from pg. 19-21

7 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Well, since you asked, and it makes little sense for me to suspect this game mechanic is in play without doing a full role reveal.

Since my ability was to disable a players passive abilities, I had a rather major hint on what to look out for, so I quickly reached the conclusion that WT is being raised by 15 points whenever a specific scum member kills someone through lynching, so it would be Irish or Nodlified, and Irish is the more likely suspect of the two, or whenever anyone died during the entire game from whatever cause.

And, paying attention to that fact and how quickly WT raised in one night, I realized that Retailition is trying to get lynched, and so I started looking for suspects which led me to suspect ChopBam and Irish.

I already explained the circumstances leading towards me voting Voe. This wasn't really a normal game when it came to lynching, though. And I don't think Retaliation is trying to get lynched, I just think he's playing that conspicuously as scum if KY isn't.

5 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Slightly better Mafia ability explanation: passive ability that raised WT by 15 points whenever this player personally kills someone, or WT is raised by 15 points whenever someone dies in the game.

I think it's more likely that the Captain's or Political Officer's passive would be BP (bulletproof), LP (lynchproof), or an on death action considering their circumstances. Vasili convinced them to change their vote as depth charges were being dropped near them, in addition to the submarine's battery dying and them running out of oxygen - in addition to what KY said, using math, and my own assumptions that 15 points is for a World Leaders death only.

And are you claiming to be Neutral?

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Wait is Irish soviet? I voted killing you on the assumption that there were only 3 soviets.

No, I already said, I'm an American Naval Officer. If you guys need me to claim, I can, but my ability is pretty obvious from the bio so scum will probably take me out.

I'll check back later tonight, but I've been putting off playing a game I just got, LOTR - Shadows of War.

19 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I admit, I'm now suspicious that you haven't posted any information considering what roles your character should have?

Are you suspicious of everyone else who hasn't claimed what their actions do as well? Or are you, like FRAYDO, going to zero in on me for no good reason? Yeah I'm not going to tell you right now. In fact, it should be pretty clear on the wiki page what sort of role I have, so I encourage you to go read that instead of trying to extract a bunch of information from somebody who's better off left alone.

-----
FRAYDO, who came out of the woodwork like a Voe, zeroed in on me with a heap of bullshit after reading nothing of the discussion, then disappeared. He hasn't contributed to anything else. No claims, except that he himself is an American just like me. And my American nationality is the reason he went after me. Lol.

Retaliation is next on the list. He's acting peculiarly similar to that other time when he was mafia. Instead of the "I have autism" defense though, it's a bit more subtle this time. All the talk happens when he's doing other things. His speech doesn't sit right with me. I don't get Shade's accusation of Retaliation wanting to be lynched, I just suspect Retaliation of being straight up scum.

TheIrishman - He voted for Voe shortly before hammer time. In his own defense, he said he didn't want to get lynched out of a 1-vote 3-way tie through RNG. I'm not sure I buy this. And he also seems to possess this curious scum-obsession with me. What is it, guys? Is it my avatar? Do the Comanches in the background send subliminal "warmonger" signals to your brain?

After today's discussion, Shade's no longer on the bottom of my suspect list. In a remarkable display of multiple personalities, he's pulled the "I'm the innocent guy who knows nothing of mafia so give me a break" card and then started attempting to go witch-hunting all on his own, completely dropping the newbie pretense that he had on D1. It's bizarre, like a wolf in sheep's clothing, if you ask me. He's not at the top of my list though, since there are elements of what he's saying that speak of inexperience, such as the complete jump in logic and assumption regarding the PM I received. I'm 50/50 on Shade's erratic behavior. Maybe 60/40.

Mojoman pops in to shitpost like usual, then not much else. I always have a very hard time reading him. See CYOR II where Mojoman almost won, but he picked the wrong dude to nightkill and I tracked him.

Nodlied - seems helpful to me, but I've always had a hard time reading him when he's scum. It's possible he's sitting back and letting the townies just duke it out, accomplishing his work for him.

Jeod is claiming watcher and I have no reason to suspect him. Falls in line with his character being gay for Kennedy, I guess. What I wanna know is why Voe didn't get this role? xD

I think Killing You is making some of the more sensible posts among us, and as such he does not ring any alarm bells for me currently.

Just now, Killing You said:

It really doesn't. Irish did nothing and nobody aside from Jeod visited him.

Ok, so locked simply means they didn't do anything and weren't role blocked or anything like that, thanks for the clarification on that.

As I did state, my theory was based largely around my role and it's abilities and the assumptions I've made based on it.

Even if I do suspect you three, I can use my ability to investigate Irishman and depending on what happens to WT, I can fairly easily disprove my own theory at the start of D3.