[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I was wondering this as well.  What's this about speeding things up? Did I miss something?

To be fair to FRAYDO, based off my conversation with him, he's still like my number 1 or 2 town read, if not for the fact that he seems to have disregarded part of our plan and done something else.

I have to say, I felt like I missed something you guys were talking about the first time I read that post, too.

Just now, Killing_You said:

All I did was learn a T1 action. I almost went for a T2 skill this same night, but I hesitated because I'm still not 100% sure if I can do that. 

I'm going to go ISO FRAYDO's posts real quick, since I doubt this is enough to implicate him. It just feels too obvious.

You would've only been able to learn a T1 and a T2 in the same night if you had the Intelligence attribute. I think you would've also have needed to learn the base focuses, for example, if you started out with Control and wanted to learn the T2 Control-Alter, then you have to do #learn alter and #learn conrol-alter. At least, that's how I did it. By the way, were you able to get your tooth taken care of?

Just now, TheIrishman said:

You would've only been able to learn a T1 and a T2 in the same night if you had the Intelligence attribute. I think you would've also have needed to learn the base focuses, for example, if you started out with Control and wanted to learn the T2 Control-Alter, then you have to do #learn alter and #learn conrol-alter. At least, that's how I did it. By the way, were you able to get your tooth taken care of?

Yeah. I asked Verti about it a few days ago, and he said you should learn the tier 1 abilities you want before combining them.

You would've only been able to learn a T1 and a T2 in the same night if you had the Intelligence attribute.

Well, I guess I was right to hesitate. Oh, and I guess it's worth mentioning that I went for Wisdom.

By the way, were you able to get your tooth taken care of?

Kind of/sort of. The dentists in my area have this weird thing where you have to call as soon as they open, or else they will refuse to schedule you an appointment- even for a later date. Absolutely dumb. On the bright side, I've gotten the pain under control and can coast on ibuprofen without side effects.

8 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

fascist mafia editing rule: Aayla Secura is a char from the prequels and the animated clone wars series, if anyone's watched it.

Ahh yeah. She had two sabers, if I'm not mistaken. One blue, one green.

Also, follow-up on my ISO of FRAYDO's posts: He doesn't really seem suspicious to me. In fact, the only thing suspicious is his overnight result and not contacting orange, and even then it's nowhere near enough to implicate him.

In the conversation I had with Orange, I was suspicious of him being Sith partners with Nodlied. We had agreed on a plan of him scanning Nodlied and I was to scan either KY or ChopBam. That suspicion however, led me to instead keep an eye on Orange through my Night Force Action and protect myself via Sense Meditation. Not that I have the biggest target on my back, but you can never be too sure.

I can confirm that Orange did what he intended to do, although Orange will have to confirm his target.

2 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

In the conversation I had with Orange, I was suspicious of him being Sith partners with Nodlied. We had agreed on a plan of him scanning Nodlied and I was to scan either KY or ChopBam. That suspicion however, led me to instead keep an eye on Orange through my Night Force Action and protect myself via Sense Meditation. Not that I have the biggest target on my back, but you can never be too sure.

I can confirm that Orange did what he intended to do, although Orange will have to confirm his target.

Interesting. What exactly has you suspecting OrangeP47?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Interesting. What exactly has you suspecting OrangeP47?

It's a weak case maybe, but in the conversation when we first discussed the plan of who to scan I first opted for Nodlied. Orange would then convince me to instead go for KY or Chop while he chose Nodlied, which I responded with the notion that what if he and Nodlied were Sith partners and he won't just tip him off to not do anything suspicious that night as we observe him? In hindsight I should have scanned Nodlied as well, to see if Orange and my results matched up. I'll have to take his word on it that he indeed scan Nodlied, unless anyone can somehow prove otherwise. I tried accessing the doc to see if there were other things that caught my eye and if I am remembering everything correctly though I no longer have access.

Hindsight times two, write your Holo-pad docs down on paper or copy them into a separate notepad so you can analyze the conversation later down the road.

I'm still suspicious of Nodlied at this time. Being down 40 FP tells me he learned a new set of T2 Force Actions and did either a NFA or SA, assuming that action cost 10FP.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

It's a weak case maybe, but in the conversation when we first discussed the plan of who to scan I first opted for Nodlied. Orange would then convince me to instead go for KY or Chop while he chose Nodlied, which I responded with the notion that what if he and Nodlied were Sith partners and he won't just tip him off to not do anything suspicious that night as we observe him? In hindsight I should have scanned Nodlied as well, to see if Orange and my results matched up. I'll have to take his word on it that he indeed scan Nodlied, unless anyone can somehow prove otherwise. I tried accessing the doc to see if there were other things that caught my eye and if I am remembering everything correctly though I no longer have access.

Hindsight times two, write your Holo-pad docs down on paper or copy them into a separate notepad so you can analyze the conversation later down the road.

I'm still suspicious of Nodlied at this time. Being down 40 FP tells me he learned a new set of T2 Force Actions and did either a NFA or SA, assuming that action cost 10FP.

TBH I was just so badgering about it because I was afraid you were going to forget the plan as soon as the doc closed so I really, really wanted to burn it in your memory somehow.  This is what happens when you deal with forgetful people on a regular basis :p I figured you'd remember better if I just took our primary target, Nodlied, and you had the choice between secondary targets.

Just now, Sunflower said:

Nope, just the blue one. That would be pretty cool to pick a character with 2 lightsabers and get a special ability for that though!

I picked two lightsabers and didn't get a special ability ;-; But I imagine the aesthetics look nice, one silver and one black.

Just now, Sunflower said:

Nope, just the blue one. That would be pretty cool to pick a character with 2 lightsabers and get a special ability for that though!

Wait, really? Hold on a sec, I specifically remember her having two sabers.

Ahh, wait, I remember. She had a blue and a green in the classic Battlefront II. Herp a derp. :v

Just now, Killing_You said:

Wait, really? Hold on a sec, I specifically remember her having two sabers.

Ahh, wait, I remember. She had a blue and a green in the classic Battlefront II. Herp a derp. :v

Well dayum. You're right. My character just officially got way cooler than I thought!

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

TBH I was just so badgering about it because I was afraid you were going to forget the plan as soon as the doc closed so I really, really wanted to burn it in your memory somehow.  This is what happens when you deal with forgetful people on a regular basis :p I figured you'd remember better if I just took our primary target, Nodlied, and you had the choice between secondary targets.

Interesting that Nodlied is your primary target now. You've been pretty prone to ambiguity and when I pressed you on who you actually thought was a Sith last Council meeting, all you had to say was ChopBam.

42 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

Interesting that Nodlied is your primary target now. You've been pretty prone to ambiguity and when I pressed you on who you actually thought was a Sith last Council meeting, all you had to say was ChopBam.

WAS, past tense.  I'm pretty convinced Nodlied is town now.

Right now I'm still mulling things over, but I think sith might be hiding in the more inactive people. I'll have more once I sleep on it.

Whatever happened to Voe was probably done by a veteran that knows how "useful" Voe can be when given something like that, and also is willing to take the risk of it backfiring. Someone who plays aggressive from the word go. People I would see taking this route are Nodlied, Jeod, OrangeP47, or Retaliation. More calculating players might not do this. I particularly doubt that Killing_You, Sunflower, or FRAYDO would do this, though that says nothing about whether a teammate would do this, or that a teammate might have suggested it.

I'll note here that at the moment I have no reason to doubt what Voe has claimed, and given how it seems this game is structured, I think such an event was pretty much expected. However, just to be sure he isn't faking this, we will need to remember to look for other examples of this occurring later.

Given the gambit that FRAYDO just pulled (even if maybe unnecessary) I currently believe him to be town. I also thought that the combat between TheIrishman and Shade revealed TheIrishman to be probably town. I've got light town reads on Retaliation 

Of the ones I mentioned above, I'm currently most suspicious of Jeod. I'm not sure where he pulled "misstep" from earlier, and he showed no imagination regarding FRAYDO. It was as if he couldn't imagine that FRAYDO might have done something we didn't know about. Then he spoke for FRAYDO rather than letting him answer. Usually Jeod digs for as much info as possible, but he had no problem speaking the answer for him. That level of certainty is generally reserved for scum players.

I'll need to go back over his earlier play before the end of this phase. And start taking some proper notes.

One thing I wanted to add, pending a measurement of the progress bars provided in each post, I currently suspect that the FBI meter tells us the percentage of alive players who know or can learn dark side abilities (which I basically have to credit Shade for figuring out). The Shits will tag some players with these abilities, and kill ones that they can't. I'm not sure the progress bar will be anything we really need to pay attention to. If the bar works as I suspect, then as town players die, the bar will naturally move up anyway. It probably won't move the moment of Shit victory very much at all unless everything works in their favor. I don't think that players will be recruited to the Shit.

One thing I wonder is if a player learning more dark side abilities moves the bar more. So, can the Sith move the progress bar just by learning? We might be able to piece that together if we track the changes.

I see what you're trying to set up, but you've no cause for alarm. There was no point in trying to "trap" FRAYDO by giving him a chance to lie--he could only have two possible scenarios: sense meditation or doing scum things. Here's how it works. On D1, FRAYDO only used 10 FP. He was the one to initiate the holopad with OrangeP47, meaning he could not have used ##Learn or ##Meditate. He must therefore have used a night action based on his race or his combat/knowledge focus.

This means that he wouldn't have been able to learn a T2 skill last night. Since we know he did not establish a holopad with Orange, we can infer that he used ##Learn (-10 FP) and whatever else he would have available to add up to his 60 FP usage, which is sense meditation.

If he were scum that would be the only path he'd be able to take without being caught in a web. So again, there's no point in waiting for him. I'm more interested in why he thought he'd be attacked. I don't think he's Sith.

Regarding the "misstep", I'm simply laughing at scum for giving us probably more valuable information than they gained last night. They also picked Voe of all people. But wait, there's more! The Sith didn't teach anyone on N1, and if they did, then the person they taught didn't speak up. If that were the case, it would be more reasonable for scum to continue teaching the silent player. They didn't, so perhaps there's a restriction they must follow. Maybe teach can fail depending on specific circumstances.

At the moment, I jive more with FRAYDO's suspicions of Orange and Nodlied.

7 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I did indeed scan Nodlied.  I don't want to be too specific as to what I saw, but what I did see puts him firmly as town for me.

Case in point, given the expense of FP, but it needs more clarity.

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Whatever happened to Voe was probably done by a veteran that knows how "useful" Voe can be when given something like that, and also is willing to take the risk of it backfiring.

That person clearly did not know about my runny mouth and inability to hold secrets, so I'm sure it wasn't Nodlied :v

@Jeod regarding FRAYDO, even if you think it was obvious, there was no reason to answer for him. Don't take away chances for scum to make a mistake.

I don't know how you can say with any certainty that we gained more information than the Shit did. You'd have to know what the Shit know to really be able to say that. And in the case where the Shit are "restricted" into doing just what they did, then it can't be a misstep to do the one thing they can do.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

:sherlock:

flowey_the_flower_by_grackledragon-d9hib

:smug:

th1_69525.jpg

Nope! I guess there isn't really any way for me to prove it (I think?), but the reason why I asked Voe to confirm he wouldn't use the power (would still like an answer to my question!) is it would put him on record as not using it and make things more suspicious if he does use it at some point. So I was thinking like a Jedi. :D

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

@Jeod regarding FRAYDO, even if you think it was obvious, there was no reason to answer for him. Don't take away chances for scum to make a mistake.

I don't know how you can say with any certainty that we gained more information than the Shit did. You'd have to know what the Shit know to really be able to say that. And in the case where the Shit are "restricted" into doing just what they did, then it can't be a misstep to do the one thing they can do.

Indeed. Sith can hide, but they still have to get their story straight.  You shouldn't take that chance away from someone.

Jeod is firmly in my suspicious category, along with ChopBam and KY(for inactivty/general lack of production).  Town reads are FRAYDO, Nodlied, and Cat 5 (Though amazingly, Cat 5 is firmly number 3 :p ).  Everyone else is a Shade of Grey.