[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

37 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Your disdain for the Lord Commander's sons is quite unbefitting of a good imperial citizen.

Indeed, I find your questioning... disturbing.

##vote Shade939

10 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

##vote Retalation

I remember what's happened the past two games someone voted me guilty...

NOT-SURE-mafia.jpg

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

My apologies.  To be fair CYOR II and Halloween CYOR kind of run together for me.  I usually have a really good memory, but not so in the case of those.  Perhaps it's because I got outed early in both games, and that's what I tend to remember the most.

I suppose I might have an addendum to the argument, though. While nolynching on D1 can be useful, you probably shouldn't enter D1 with the intent to nolynch before putting in any effort to scum hunt to get as much info as you can. You don't want to completely waste the day not doing any detective work.

Someone should give Shade custom text that says "Tilting at Windmills"

It wouldn't surprise me if Retaliation is overreacting me to focusing on him just because he is actually a scum player...

Which out of everything we know about characters so far, I think the Space Marine using demon magic is a prime suspect for being scum.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

It would occur to me that perhaps you are overthinking the vote on you 

JUST BY A LITTLE BIT

I could also be annoyed after the previous two games, in which case at least one scum suspect voted me up booth times..

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I suppose I might have an addendum to the argument, though. While nolynching on D1 can be useful, you probably shouldn't enter D1 with the intent to nolynch before putting in any effort to scum hunt to get as much info as you can. You don't want to completely waste the day not doing any detective work.

I'd agree to some sort of middle ground, but once the cat is out of the bag it's kind of too late in some ways.  People would hide behind a sense of security, or a false sense of security if the no lynch didn't work out, heh.

Just now, Shade939 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Retaliation is overreacting me to focusing on him just because he is actually a scum player...

Which out of everything we know about characters so far, I think the Space Marine using demon magic is a prime suspect for being scum.

Eh, he was eager right off the bat last game, and he was town then. And if someone had a real scummy flavor, why would they admit to it...

I'd agree to some sort of middle ground, but once the cat is out of the bag it's kind of too late in some ways.  People would hide behind a sense of security, or a false sense of security if the no lynch didn't work out, heh.

Eh, he was eager right off the bat last game, and he was town then. And if someone had a real scummy flavor, why would they admit to it...

To describe librarians, in WH40K they have an alternate dimension where demons dwell called the warp. Psychics take their power from this dimension, and are constantly at risk of being corrupted by the demons that dwell in that realm.

I find it a bit suspicious that Retaliation would pick a profile avatar for a "psycic" in a WH40K unless his character actually had some connection to the warp, and by extension all of the problems that it could represent for his character as being scum aligned because he was "corrupted" b the warp.

Just now, Shade939 said:

To describe librarians, in WH40K they have an alternate dimension where demons dwell called the warp. Psychics take their power from this dimension, and are constantly at risk of being corrupted by the demons that dwell in that realm.

I find it a bit suspicious that Retaliation would pick a profile avatar for a "psycic" in a WH40K unless his character actually had some connection to the warp, and by extension all of the problems that it could represent for his character as being scum aligned because he was "corrupted" b the warp.

Well that doesn't sound scum per se but maybe third party?  I mean, I agree, it sounds kind of suspicious, but I don't get what game plan he'd be following by just sharing that with the class.  I mean hell, those of us who are town (and despite what anyone might think of individuals, town is at least a faction in this game :p ) obfuscate who we are, if only for the fun of making others guess, so being so bold as to come right out with flavor is, well, bold.

Well that doesn't sound scum per se but maybe third party?  I mean, I agree, it sounds kind of suspicious, but I don't get what game plan he'd be following by just sharing that with the class.  I mean hell, those of us who are town (and despite what anyone might think of individuals, town is at least a faction in this game :p ) obfuscate who we are, if only for the fun of making others guess, so being so bold as to come right out with flavor is, well, bold.

He also voted me up as scum, which tends to also cast him in more of a guilty light in this circumstance.

Generally a CYOR like this is randomized, so the scum team probably won't have any rhyme or reason behind it. Having a "scummy sounding" character shouldn't really tell us anything, nor should any "townie sounding" character tell us anything. Examining possible roles can be useful if the observed role doesn't match a claim, or something like that, but just the character reveal should effectively hold no indication towards alignment.

Just now, Retaliation said:

You insulted the Lord Commander of the Imperium!

Not my fault the Ultramarines are the poser child for WH40K so they always get the short end of the stick in terms of lore and authors. :p

Still doens't mean I'm going to buy that's your real reason for voting me as scum...

Just now, Shade939 said:

Not my fault the Ultramarines are the poser child for WH40K so they always get the short end of the stick in terms of lore and authors. :p

Still doens't mean I'm going to buy that's your real reason for voting me as scum...

Mafia Edit: poster child for WH40K

It's also why they're considered to be very Mary Sue like, in a universe that's already considered to be Mary Sue like....

KY - I'm convinced you're a comic book character, as per usual, considering you have a picture of the Burma (Myanmar) Jungle, perhaps Superman or The Phantom. Otherwise, the only other characters that I can think of that have visited there are Dagger, Black Widow, Zaran the Weapons Master, Daredevil, and Fu Manchu. Although your character could just be a comic book character related to the jungle, it's a weird pick to choose Burma.

ChopBam - Not a clue. A blue pie-chart...Microsoft Excel?

Orange - Most likely a character from Fallout 3, either Amata or the Lone Wanderer, imo if he's trying to be direct with his picture. If he's indirect he could be anybody in the game.

Cat5 - Most likely a character from a Japanese handheld game.

Shade - Something medieval?

Retaliation - Some evil-ish character from WH40K.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I could also be annoyed after the previous two games, in which case at least one scum suspect voted me up both times..

Yeah...who would ever do that >.>

Although at least I only tried to kill you once. The second time wasn't my intention. :v

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Btw, I haven't been able to for awhile now, so does anybody else have troubles trying to resize their avatar? There wasn't a box for me to adjust it at all.

It's worked fine for me.  In fact, I'm continually surprised at just how well everything on this site works.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Btw, I haven't been able to for awhile now, so does anybody else have troubles trying to resize their avatar? There wasn't a box for me to adjust it at all.

I had some issues where it tried to automatically crop  the image if the box got too close to one of the borders?