[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

6 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Actually voe was the "1st Day lynch/kill" for a long time (mostly BHP era), and iirc he even voted himself most of the times. Hence the meta "if voe lives after day 1 he's scum" (proven in a couple of games, e.g. APB Mafia II).

That's what I meant.  We didn't even need to do the vote :p

DAY ONE

Hello! It's time for another Choose Your Own Role game! As always, the rules are standard: Mafia must try to equal or exceed Town numbers. Town must eliminate all hostiles, which are defined as Mafia or Third Party alignment--one or both of these alignments may exist in this game. If any Neutral alignments exist, they must complete their own objectives but can decide whether to help any other alignments if the situation allows them to.

Day phases last 48 hours and always begin and end at 10:00PM GMT (6:00PM EDT for Americans). Night phases are similar, but only last 24 hours. During the Day, players talk amongst themselves and decide on who to lynch. It is, of course, possible to spare someone from the noose by voting NoLynch (##vote Nolynch or NoLynch). Players who vote for this twice in a row will be subject to a penalty and will be forced to vote for themselves the following day. There is no early hammer in this game. At the end of the day, the player with the majority vote will be lynched. In the event of a tie, a coin toss via random.org will decide the player to be lynched.

Night phase rules will be further explained at the Night One post, but they are standard.

Shamelessly stolen additional rules

• No quoting GM communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the GM.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the GM. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread. Make a second post and preface it with "Mafia Edit:" to show it's a continuation or correction of a previous post.

Current Vote Count

Category 5 Hurricane voted no one

ChopBam voted no one

FRAYDO voted no one

Killing You voted no one

Nodlied voted no one

OrangeP47 voted no one

Retaliation voted no one

Shade939 voted no one

Sunflower voted no one

TheIrishMan voted no one

PMs have been sent. I'm missing email addresses from 6 players. These email addresses are the ones that will be used to grant you access to google docs. Please send them out before Night 1.

The game will start in about one hour.

17 minutes ago, Jeod said:

PMs have been sent. I'm missing email addresses from 6 players. These email addresses are the ones that will be used to grant you access to google docs. Please send them out before Night 1.

The game will start in about one hour.

I can send you those if those players played in my games, just PM me the names.

Just now, VERTi60 said:

I can send you those if those players played in my games, just PM me the names.

They've all played in your games XD

But if the time comes that I need them I'll send you a message. Thanks.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Is there a forum clock somewhere? Or are you referring to just the time stamps for posts?

Pretty certain he's going by the time stamps, which apparently I'm sending this message from the future.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

BTW, going by Shade's avatar, I guess he's Princess Fiona.

I do try to avoid making it that easy to guess my character off of my profile picture alone. :p

Although I admit that does sound like a rather appealing character choice now that you've suggested it.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I do try to avoid making it that easy to guess my character off of my profile picture alone. :p

Although I admit that does sound like a rather appealing character choice now that you've suggested it.

I figured something with a little bit more flair than just Rapunzel.  

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Ah the meme continues.

Many will argue that we still need to lynch, because seeing who votes who will get info about alignments.  I'll let the others play hammer the newbie a bit, though.

Honestly, that really doesn't seem like it'll tell us that much based on what player someone votes for day 1, and odds are you'll end up voting a town player by mistake which is only going to help out scum since they have one less town player to kill now.

You can still fish for information D1 or stir the pot to get info, it's just difficult.  That process shouldn't be instantly surrendered.  I believe Cat 5 was the big defender of still doing a lynch when Kam suggested no lynch in a game, so I'll let him really argue the point.

(Or it might have been someone else and I might be misremembering, but I do know that Kam got hammered hard for the idea).

Thing is, voting patterns for D1 can still come in useful later in the game when you can compare that vote with later votes. But yes, no-lynch basically provides a free nightkill without giving us too much information.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Thing is, voting patterns for D1 can still come in useful later in the game when you can compare that vote with later votes. But yes, no-lynch basically provides a free nightkill without giving us too much information.

If you're Chef Boyardee that's absolutely fantastic.

Just now, Nodlied said:

I really don't see how it'll help you. Each player can vote for 9 players in game, they only have one vote, only thing you can tell for certain from the first day vote is what eight players they didn't vote for. Which I'd assume you could use that information to figure out if they were on a team with those other eight players, since I doubt they'd vote up their teammate day one if they were mafia.

And you're basically gaining that information at the cost of possibly losing a doctor, cop, or some other useful town role.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I really don't see how it'll help you. Each player can vote for 9 players in game, they only have one vote, only thing you can tell for certain from the first day vote is what eight players they didn't vote for. Which I'd assume you could use that information to figure out if they were on a team with those other eight players, since I doubt they'd vote up their teammate day one if they were mafia.

And you're basically gaining that information at the cost of possibly losing a doctor, cop, or some other useful town role.

Here's another situation though.

Say I joke vote Nodlied, and Nodlied is scum.  One vote he probably laughs off.  But then let's say you want to be a little sith and join the bandwagon and vote for Nodlied too.  Then they start sweating.  That might actually stick!  So then Cat 5, Nodlied's hypotehtical scum partner, puts a vote on Irish.  Just a joke vote, so it seems, but not really.  They're trying to get an alternate train going. Anything to get the votes off Nodlied.

That's the type of analysis that can occur.

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

If you're Chef Boyardee that's absolutely fantastic.

431576.jpg

Just now, Shade939 said:

At the same time, you'll also have the chance to nail scum on D1. And also what Orange posted.