[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

2 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

That's fair. I debated just doing a reveal via avatar and keeping my abilities a secret. I'm just a little distracted right now and I don't want scum to throw us off of the trail.

A fair point, even if I think Retaliation is the most likely Scum suspect at the moment I doubt he'd be the only one in game, and the main reason I suspect him is because he decided to vote me up as scum after I started asking about his avatar, and trying to present it like he was voting me up over a joke...

9 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Your disdain for the Lord Commander's sons is quite unbefitting of a good imperial citizen.

Indeed, I find your questioning... disturbing.

##vote Shade939

9 hours ago, Shade939 said:

##vote Retalation

I remember what's happened the past two games someone voted me guilty...

Current Vote Count

Category 5 Hurricane voted no one

ChopBam voted no one

FRAYDO voted no one

Killing_You voted Killing_You

Nodlied voted no one

OrangeP47 voted no one

Retaliation voted Shade939

Shade939 voted Retaliation

Sunflower voted no one

TheIrishMan voted no one

Votes are currently tied between three players. ~35 hours to hammer.

*Please remember to bold your actions so they're easier to see!

good-news-everyone.jpg

I got on a chat with a google rep and was able to recover most of my google docs. It'll take 24 hours for the tool to run its course, and some docs are still missing at the moment. But, sometime tomorrow, all of the past CYOR docs will be collected and reorganized into the first galactic empire a way fit for viewing. Bonus if @Strike can recover the old threads, too.

CYOR I - Imperialism Doc.pdf

CYOR I - Game End - Awards.pdf

CYOR II - Dead Doc.pdf

CYOR II - Masonry N1 - Voe & Category 5.pdf

CYOR II - RNGesus Doc.pdf

10 hours ago, Shade939 said:

A fair point, even if I think Retaliation is the most likely Scum suspect at the moment I doubt he'd be the only one in game, and the main reason I suspect him is because he decided to vote me up as scum after I started asking about his avatar, and trying to present it like he was voting me up over a joke...

Have you considered that it was a joke? Like perhaps Retaliation was playing a character from a notoriously paranoid chapter, and decided to take your attempts at figuring out what chapter he was from as SUPER HERETICAL.

Just now, Sunflower said:

Oh wait is there some unwritten rule that we're supposed to give a hinty avatar? lol

It's just something some of us decided to do. Honestly I have no idea how it got started.

Just now, Sunflower said:

Oh wait is there some unwritten rule that we're supposed to give a hinty avatar? lol

Just now, Retaliation said:

No, it just helps if you want to play a character before the real game starts.

Just now, Killing_You said:

It's just something some of us decided to do. Honestly I have no idea how it got started.

It's also borderline gamebreaking to use your avatar to "prove" something in a game, especially one that relies heavily on flavor like CYORs, so we all take avatars with a grain of salt usually.

Just now, Jeod said:

It's also borderline gamebreaking to use your avatar to "prove" something in a game, especially one that relies heavily on flavor like CYORs, so we all take avatars with a grain of salt usually.

For sure. In the Halloween Mafia, for example, I tried to claim Dormammu (town) and swapped my avatar to match. Very few people believed me, and for good reason, because I was actually John Constantine (scum).

2 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Have you considered that it was a joke? Like perhaps Retaliation was playing a character from a notoriously paranoid chapter, and decided to take your attempts at figuring out what chapter he was from as SUPER HERETICAL.

For some reason I don't think you can actually prove the real reason you decided to vote me up was because of a joke.

7 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

If you choose a good avatar to represent your character, it'll also support your claims when you do finally reveal who your character is and what abilities they have.

Just now, Killing_You said:

Actually, I wouldn't say it's gamebreaking. If anything it's just an additional layer to the game, like anything else. It can be trusted, distrusted, distracting, ignored, etc...

See below:

Just now, Shade939 said:

If you choose a good avatar to represent your character, it'll also support your claims when you do finally reveal who your character is and what abilities they have.

Borderline. It's on a case-by-case basis and essentially up to the GM (sometimes with counsel and a player complaint) to determine if avatar swapping and discussion of avatars have caused events that otherwise wouldn't have occurred.

Now then, back to the game.

3 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

I have a guess to Nodlied's character.

1324EF641C9A9F3FF3B6DD2E40E973A9798C950E

Also hi.

Nope. My flavour is the actual chef.

Also, for people reading into avatars, they can both help and hurt town. It makes it easier to find out which actions belong to whom, but that also works for scum.

10 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Because your actually a scum player, so you need some believable excuse for why you voted me up when it turns out you voted me up as a town player again...

I think you're too quick to discount the idea that scum don't want to participate in the joke phase tomfoolery.

3 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I think you're too quick to discount the idea that scum don't want to participate in the joke phase tomfoolery.

Curious that you'd phrase it that way. Is this a subtle admission of scuminess I see?