[Game Over] CYOR - Battle of the Gods Edition

TheIrishman

Just now, Shade939 said:

I wonder if someone accused that player of being Scum earlier also?

Cat5 made a pretty decent case on him D1:

On 3/15/2018 at 2:48 AM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Initially I thought this was a pretty awesome move, but then....

These thoughts aren't very consistent. If you were thinking it was a ruse to draw out a day action, why did you use it? (Obviously the next sentence is your answer to that, but this still got my attention)

If you're only going to roleblock him if you are convinced he's going to shoot somebody who's town, why did you jump on him so quickly this time?

This'd be better if the posts he was referencing showed up in the quote as well, but forum eats those for some reason.

Resolving:

Jeod summons a massive Lightning Storm. The clouds gather and churn while the thunder rumbles and roars with countless streaks of lightning arcing throughout the sky. All of a sudden, a massive bolt strikes down with fury!

volcanic_lightning_storm_by_allahn.jpgIt struck ChopBam, sending billions of volts (and hundreds of kilo amps if we're being mathematical) of energy coursing through him! But strangely enough, he wasn't harmed. In fact, it almost looked like he enjoyed it.

5 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Nope. Everything I've said and done aligns perfectly. I even suspected ChopBam would be the recipient of my hidden effect, and hinted to it in my interaction with him.

You probably first saw my avatar. :v

15 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Well, if you guys will excuse me, I'm just going to place my vote real quick and then let you guys get back to... whatever this is. K? K.

##voteiLikeToSnipe

Reread my post.

To spell it out more clearly I'm the bullet proof role I requested.

I didn't get a masonry like I requested, so I don't think one exists in this game. I think ChopBam can be crossed off the scumlist for now, and Shade is probably at least not scum, which brings us to iLiketoSnipe and Killing_You.

Just now, Jeod said:

I didn't get a masonry like I requested, so I don't think one exists in this game. I think ChopBam can be crossed off the scumlist for now, and Shade is probably at least not scum, which brings us to iLiketoSnipe and Killing_You.

We can use Orange's ability on ILikeToSnipe.

Just now, Shade939 said:

We can use Orange's ability on ILikeToSnipe.

Or Killing_You. Yes, that could work with you as Target #1, if you're confident about your alignment as not-scum. ;)

Just now, Jeod said:

Or Killing_You. Yes, that could work with you as Target #1, if you're confident about your alignment as not-scum. ;)

Well, I won't object since I know I'll survive at least.

But I really don't see a need to kill anyone today since scum didn't get a NK last night.

It seems iLTS and I are at an impasse here. I visited him, he did nothing. Neither of us seem to have gotten any other visitors. And he's immune to NKs. Really, we can't do anything that isn't some variation of "no u."

If we're going to use Orange's ability to check one of us, I personally wouldn't mind being in the #1 spot. 

The dilemma is, there's just as much suspicion on you and Snipe as there is on Shade and Nodlied for the NK. We really have to decide who the two targets are going to be and in what order, and we still don't know if Orange is being entirely truthful about his ability.

Personally, I think we need more information. We haven't heard from a few players yet, and ChopBam had something happen to him. It's up to him to tell us about it, but we shouldn't say his alignment is town just because he likes lightning.

Just now, Jeod said:

The dilemma is, there's just as much suspicion on you and Snipe as there is on Shade and Nodlied for the NK. We really have to decide who the two targets are going to be and in what order, and we still don't know if Orange is being entirely truthful about his ability.

Personally, I think we need more information. We haven't heard from a few players yet, and ChopBam had something happen to him. It's up to him to tell us about it, but we shouldn't say his alignment is town just because he likes lightning.

Considering how your role works, he would basically need the same alignment as yours since your roles compliment each other.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Considering how your role works, he would basically need the same alignment as yours since your roles compliment each other.

My role is simply a daykill via lightning storm with a random target and a hidden effect, and a watcher at night. I don't consider a complimentary role necessary. Anyone with a lightning rod kind of role such as Zeus would be suitable, and so the alignment doesn't necessarily need to match.

Just now, Jeod said:

My role is simply a daykill via lightning storm with a random target and a hidden effect, and a watcher at night. I don't consider a complimentary role necessary. Anyone with a lightning rod kind of role such as Zeus would be suitable, and so the alignment doesn't necessarily need to match.

If ChopBam wasn't in game you'd end up doing more harm to town than anyone else though since you couldn't target it, so you would have been a third party.

Just now, Shade939 said:

If ChopBam wasn't in game you'd end up doing more harm to town than anyone else though since you couldn't target it, so you would have been a third party.

I suppose so, but you're dabbing into semantics here. Slim that ego a bit, it's more helpful to us.

Current quickreads before I go to bed. I'll be watching from mobile for most of tomorrow; might be able to get some participation in early morning though. Let's get a plan together.

Killing You - unknown
OrangeP47 - unknown, possibly town judge-style role
Jeod - obviously Thor and town
iLikeToSnipe - unknown
Shade939 - bus driver, but unknown alignment
Nodlied - unknown
Category 5 Hurricane - unknown
ChopBam - lightning god, unknown alignment
FRAYDO - unknown
Verti60 - unknown, slightly scummy

Now I'm just dying to know what happens if I send a highstorm at Jeod. Normally this would be a daytime voteblock, but I've been told there's some hidden effect that'll only work on a particular player. Today's happenings have led me to believe that player is probably Jeod.

I will be disappointed in the utmost if it just voteblocks him and it turns out that my one-shot action with the hidden effect was supposed to be used on somebody else and I ended up wasting it on an educated hunch. :p I was about to just use it, but I kinda want permission first. Since I'm not actually a vigilante or scum or anything, and we townfolk do things as a team and all.