Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • OWA

      Important PSA: W3D Hub 2018 Roadmap Announced!   04/03/2018

      W3D Hub's roadmap for 2018 has been published! This important update outlines W3D Hub's missions and objectives for this year as well as provides a large amount of exicting updates! Click on this announcement to find a link to the post!    
TeamWolf

Battle for Dune: War of Assassins - New Game Direction (#Blog 129)

Recommended Posts

Can't say I have worms on my top 10 100 list of things I would have expected to ever play as.

Makes me wonder if W3D's tank track system can be tricked into sideway movement to emulate delayed turns though, or at the very least stick to terrain more closely.

Edited by Raap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now make it play out like the classic Snake game and we've got a hit.

dAtcCfH.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say I am pleased with seeing that worm eat tanks like a big armored pac man. I was also surprised to see all of the tanks and aircraft. I didn’t know you guys had so many assets ingame. I would like to see one closer, maybe a spec profile/post of one of the units. Lastly that desert looks massive! (I almost feel like Laurence of Arabia or Ben burr viewing it) Also do you guys have issues loading maps or lag?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mihaita12 said:

Well, well, well! Another update and the final update and it's gonna be released! YAY!

How did you even come to that conclusion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nodlied said:

How did you even come to that conclusion?

Shhh... if don’t use logic it Will just frustrate Mihaita12. (Although I suppose a brick of reality thrown through the window of fantasy is healthy... and hilarious)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Raap said:

Can't say I have worms on my top 10 100 list of things I would have expected to ever play as.

Makes me wonder if W3D's tank track system can be tricked into sideway movement to emulate delayed turns though, or at the very least stick to terrain more closely.

I guess it's not something non-Dune fans would think of, but it is great fun! The movement might need some tweaking, but overall it feels really good.

18 hours ago, Raptor29aa said:

I will say I am pleased with seeing that worm eat tanks like a big armored pac man. I was also surprised to see all of the tanks and aircraft. I didn’t know you guys had so many assets ingame. I would like to see one closer, maybe a spec profile/post of one of the units. Lastly that desert looks massive! (I almost feel like Laurence of Arabia or Ben burr viewing it) Also do you guys have issues loading maps or lag?

Well, we have been doing this for some time now. It would be a bit odd if we dind't have much to show off at this stage! Profile posts? That is something I can definitely start doing, a breakdown of each vehicle with a couple of renders?

Yeah, that desert is huge I might of one a bit overboard with the size of it (you can't even see all of it in that video). Not currently, but we still have the levels to properly completely and load into. Horde maps are small so the load pretty quickly.

16 hours ago, Mihaita12 said:

Well, well, well! Another update and the final update and it's gonna be released! YAY!

I don't remember saying this will be the latest update haha, we have many more to come!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one would like the game to release but turning this into a worm sim uhhh no I would warther this game release as a strategic fps or just an fps in general but good work on this I kinda like it but its a kinda ify

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pero cuanto falta para su lanzamiento? :c

Ansió disfrutar de la gran experiencia "Tirador de Dune" <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nosotros necesitar pruebra todos los mapas y unidades para equilibrarse antes de lanzamiento. Como es ahora, todavía incompleto.

We need to test all of the maps and units for balance before release. As it is now, it is still incomplete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great, I doubt I would want player controlled Worms in the game but still a nice feature. 

Hope you guys read my message I sended ^^.

Keep up the good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02.04.2018 at 1:42 PM, TeamWolf said:

I guess it's not something non-Dune fans would think of, but it is great fun! The movement might need some tweaking, but overall it feels really good.

Well, we have been doing this for some time now. It would be a bit odd if we dind't have much to show off at this stage! Profile posts? That is something I can definitely start doing, a breakdown of each vehicle with a couple of renders?

Yeah, that desert is huge I might of one a bit overboard with the size of it (you can't even see all of it in that video). Not currently, but we still have the levels to properly completely and load into. Horde maps are small so the load pretty quickly.

I don't remember saying this will be the latest update haha, we have many more to come!

I know that there are many updates, i need BFD: WOA Alpha, or RA2: AR Alpha it's gonna be better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×