Vanilla-Chocolate Twist Mafia

iLikeToSnipe

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Nolynch would also be acceptable. Curious that you would propose it, though.

Why wouldn't I? If I'm right about you being Town, then Shade or myself would most likely die tonight. If that's the case then there'd only be a combo of Shade, Sun, and Cat5 or Irish, Sun, and Cat5. If she was lucky enough to investigate the correct person or decided to investigate you and got the same result, then there wouldn't be any contest about who to lynch. Also, it means that there can't be a tie vote which places the game's result on RNG.

Also it doesn't really matter which person dies. If Shade dies, it'll be me and Sun and we'll most likely vote you, especially if her investigation bears fruit. If I die, Shade will have to realize that I can't be Town so he'll only be able to vote for you.

I still think your scrambler, silencer, BP story is too out there to be reasonable.

After another day of debating you decide you'll need to lynch somebody today. TheIrishman isn't really seeming that persuasive... but Category 5 Hurricane is even more persuasive than usual. With a 50/50 split on who to lynch, you decide to roll some dice. Evens it's TheIrishman, odds it's Category 5 Hurricane who gets lynched. After rolling a d20, the result is an 18. TheIrishman is lynched!

You search through his belongings and find an empty medical bag. Dashawn "Irishman" Palonethe Mafia Protector is dead!

Well that certainly was surprising... what's also a surprise is the knife now sticking out of Shade's back. Category 5 Hurricane has stabbed Shade in the back! A brutal 1v1 fight between Sunflower and the Town traitor ensues. Despite a heroic struggle, Sunflower is overwhelmed and stabbed to death by Category 5 Hurricane. As the last man standing... Category 5 Hurricane secures Town a victory!

Town Wins!

What just happened?Last night, Category 5 Hurricane stole TheIrishman's vote (it was a silent action). So, there were two votes on TheIrishman from Category 5's vote and two on Category 5; one from Sunflower and one from Shade. Since there was a tie, I rolled a d20 to see who would be lynched. With TheIrishman out of the way, there was no way to possibly stop the town night kill on the next night. With a successful night kill, Category 5 Hurricane would have fulfilled his objective of equaling or exceeding mafia player count.

Town Doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/114yKDoxAU2lMKfcpM2gV9jgbn1R63e-bYfjhUaKBTAI/edit?usp=sharing

Dead Doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iJwnNcWzOp3AlG4yiWzbuW2xBYHwInap5lk_yIgxwRk/edit?usp=sharing

Role Doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jA9ONcjKhHe-XHgvXnRFFXtuNizuXTSjsyMBvd5K_mo/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for playing everybody! That was an extremely close game and I hope you all had fun. Please let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions on how the game was run. I know I got hit with two illnesses plus unexpected work on a weekend. Next time I host, I'll make sure to get a co-mod setup beforehand just in case.

I honestly didn't think it would come down to the wire like that.

This was a blast to watch; it gave me a good laugh or two while I got moved in. I'm all moved now, so I can join in the next one!

Also, ##Nominate Sunflower MVP

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Yeah, the vote steal seemed a bit OP and is definitely not what I'd consider basic. All the rest of the roles seem relatively normal though.

I'd still say you had a really odd role Irish, just what was giving your character a doctor ability supposed to counter?

3 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I honestly didn't think it would come down to the wire like that.

This was a blast to watch; it gave me a good laugh or two while I got moved in. I'm all moved now, so I can join in the next one!

Also, ##Nominate Sunflower MVP

Definitely. The final day was amazing to watch, and Sunflower you really deserve the Athena Cykes title. :v

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Yeah, the vote steal seemed a bit OP and is definitely not what I'd consider basic. All the rest of the roles seem relatively normal though.

It was especially OP if we had realized that on Day 3 we could have stolen a vote, and done a daykill, and then combined with Jeod's missing vote it would have been game over already.

Well, that could have ended a lot better. I really can't believe Cat5 got away with the silence bullshit though. :v 

And I kind off feel sorry for Sunflower. She nailed the entire game but still lost. D:

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Just be glad that iLTS didn't decide that me matching your votes would count as an insta-win. I did some reading and vote stealers would normally do that. They are considered quite strong because of that. You getting the 50/50 was a gift.

It's a farce. The idea that Rufo "Category 5 Hurricane" Burgio could even fuck with Dashawn "Irishman" Palone is a joke.

Good job, Sunflower, congrats on wading through the sludge of bullshit that is Shade's and Cat5's words and arriving at the truth.

Because I needed to find examples that fit my case better! When I couldn't find a role at MafiaScum, I started looking for other places.

Reading the dead doc, I killed Jeod because I thought he was the least likely to be protected by TheIrishman, and I felt I needed TheIrishman alive. I also hoped Sunflower would investigate him, but it was mostly the former.

I guess the problem with "basic" roles is that everybody might have their own definition. Years ago, we only had what you could consider basic games and vote stealing/blocking wasn't uncommon (neither was silencing).

Originally, I had it setup with a cop, doctor with unlimited uses, town tracker, and town unstoppable kill. I figured that having unlimited cop and doctor together was unbalanced so I turned the doctor into a bodyguard with one use of a medkit so that they could protect cop for at least one night if the cop role claimed. I then reduced the town tracker to limited uses since with unlimited it would just be a matter of time before they found a mafia power role and I wanted them to put some thought into using the charges. I then threw in a vote steal and a dayvig/unstoppable to try to further balance it.

Just now, Jeod said:

Seriously dude you should learn flash animation and make "Five Minutes Until Hammer" a W3D Mafia series. I'd do voice acting.

I'd be up for that as well. :v (And then we only need Voe to tell everyone how retared they are.)