[GAME OVER] Open Janitorial Mafia

Jeod

Just now, Shade939 said:

The fact that a day one lynch is basically relying on nothing more than RNG, so based on the role setup the odds heavily favor RNG hurting Town more than it does Scum.

Town is hurt if the Oracle, Doctor, Cop, and also the Miller/Vanilla Mafia role is lynched to a lesser extent than the other three.

Mafia is only really hurt if the Lawyer or Janitor is lynched. Which is mainly because you can't reliably tell the Vanilla Mafia role apart from the Miller unless he's the NK.

Barring a lucky cop, a D2 lynch following a D1 no lynch is pretty much the same thing.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Barring a lucky cop, a D2 lynch following a D1 no lynch is pretty much the same thing.

Except for the Oracle has now had a chance to use their ability so they're removed from the list of players it hurts Town to lynch, plus we should have had a NK happened or it didn't which can clear another player.

Honestly, the biggest reasoning I could see for pushing for a lynch today is because of the Janitor role, but even that's realistically not going to work.

6 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

The fact that a day one lynch is basically relying on nothing more than RNG,

I must disagree with this. Our vote results aren't based on randomly generated numbers. We all have various bits of information on which to operate, and the mafia have a load of information to provide based on how they vote. Voting patterns D1 are far from random.

I understand the whole concept of the "math" behind no lynching on D1, but something else we must also determine is whether we can afford it.

This game, we have 7 town and 3 mafia players. Usually it's 8 v 2 or something similar, but it's an open setup, so mafia can't quite as heavily rely on misinformation regarding what roles are at play here. Yet, there are other roles which can negate the cop role, leaving room for questions and misinformation even after lynches occur and more information is out. We can't rely on process of elimination alone. What I believe it'll come down to is claims and counterclaims, and determining which player has the more plausible story. Since we're not at that point on D1, it's hard to ordain a lynch target.

I do think something is off about FRAYDO's arguments this game, but I think I'm in the same boat as he is. Typically when I imagine something is off about his arguments, he turns up town.

Guess I'll take Mojoman's bait.

##vote Mojoman

I just assumed Cat 5 did the math even if he's being petulant if he voted that way :v

3 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Also, @OrangeP47, are you certain you're not the lawyer? That really seems like a role you'd want. :v

Indeed, it's right up my alley, but alas, I am not the lawyer, nor am I even scum :v :p

I'll admit, I'm tempted to start a new wagon, like explicitly putting my seal of disapproval on FRAYDO, but a series of 1 v 1 v 1 votes that it looks like we'll get are not the most productive.  We'd need actual trains.

11 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

##vote Mojoman

Vote counted.

CVC:

OrangeP47 voted NoLynch
Category 5 Hurricane voted NoLynch
Shade939 voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted FRAYDO
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
FRAYDO voted NoLynch
ChopBam voted Mojoman
TheIrishMan voted nobody

NoLynch has the majority. (3 votes)

Time Left: 1h, 8m

12 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I understand the whole concept of the "math" behind no lynching on D1, but something else we must also determine is whether we can afford it.

This game, we have 7 town and 3 mafia players. Usually it's 8 v 2 or something similar, but it's an open setup, so mafia can't quite as heavily rely on misinformation regarding what roles are at play here. Yet, there are other roles which can negate the cop role, leaving room for questions and misinformation even after lynches occur and more information is out. We can't rely on process of elimination alone. What I believe it'll come down to is claims and counterclaims, and determining which player has the more plausible story. Since we're not at that point on D1, it's hard to ordain a lynch target.

I do think something is off about FRAYDO's arguments this game, but I think I'm in the same boat as he is. Typically when I imagine something is off about his arguments, he turns up town.

Guess I'll take Mojoman's bait.

##vote Mojoman

Yep, and if there was an argument for why we should do a lynch today, this is the sort of reasoning I'd support. Biggest benefit of lynching today is the fact that we'll know for certain what that players alignment was and Mafia won't be capable of misleading us in regards to that role now.

##Vote Mojoman

Just now, Shade939 said:

##Vote Mojoman

Vote counted.

CVC:

OrangeP47 voted NoLynch
Shade939 voted Mojoman
iLikeToSnipe voted FRAYDO
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
FRAYDO voted NoLynch
ChopBam voted Mojoman
TheIrishMan voted nobody

NoLynch has the majority. (3 votes)

Time Left: 1h, 4m

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

In a few minutes I'm going to be gone until after hammer. If anybody wants my vote changed they need to convince me now.

I'd assume if you were scum hunting you would have been paying more attention to players besides just FRAYDO?

Biggest reasoning might be because of how willing he was to vote Irish up, and then how willing he was to later change his vote based on what everyone else was saying/voting instead of primarily focusing on why he found Irish suspicious int he first place and the reasoning for why he changed his vote.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I'd assume if you were scum hunting you would have been paying more attention to players besides just FRAYDO?

Biggest reasoning might be because of how willing he was to vote Irish up, and then how willing he was to later change his vote based on what everyone else was saying/voting instead of primarily focusing on why he found Irish suspicious int he first place and the reasoning for why he changed his vote.

I've been pretty busy past two days, didn't think we'd start until today.

Don't have time to verify that about Mojo, if anybody else can back you up on that I'll change my vote.

On 5/12/2018 at 10:35 PM, Mojoman said:

I actually literally can't buy this plan.

The way I see it, you're actually mafia and are trying to play this good guy act now to try and gain trust. You'll claim something like 'Vanilla Town' which is fairly hard to disprove (other than there being 4 Vanilla Town instead of 3). Or you'll claim you're the Miller, which is nearly impossible to counter claim without killing two people who claim it.

I don't buy this half-baked plan.

##unvote

##vote TheIrishman

23 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

Hi. I did not plan for an early start but here we are. Checking in for a brief moment, here to join in on the roast of Irish’s plan or support it; I’m not sure which yet.

23 hours ago, Mojoman said:

I will read into that.

##unvote TheIrishMan

Basically, I think these three posts some up my point, about me questioning his vote and later his reasoning for changing it.

So this is under the assumption that we don't have our Doctor protect the correct person or that we lynch any scum. I think I'd rather do No Lynch since we could potentially lose by Day Two. If we do No Lynch, we'll have more information to go off of to produce whatever results we need. Also, like Shade said, it'll give our Oracle a chance to investigate.

Day One - 10 -> 9

Night One - 9 -> 8

Day Two - 8 -> 7 MYLO

Night Two - 7 -> 6

Day Three - Game Over

or

Day One - 10 - No Lynch

Night One - 10 -> 9

Day Two - 9 -> 8

Night Two - 6 -> 7

Day Three - 7 -> 6 - LYLO

##No Lynch

18 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

##vote Mojoman

11 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

##No Lynch

Just now, Mojoman said:

Oh yeah hammer. Let's try to save myself

##vote no lynch

Votes counted.

CVC:

OrangeP47 voted NoLynch
Shade939 voted Mojoman
iLikeToSnipe voted Mojoman
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted nobody
Mojoman voted NoLynch
FRAYDO voted NoLynch
ChopBam voted Mojoman
TheIrishMan voted NoLynch

NoLynch has the majority. (5 votes)

Time Left: 15m

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I wasn't sure I was in the right spot, but Irish sold me.  Points deducted from Cat 5 as I had designated him to make that argument...

He's got a split today, so he won't be on until like 6 hours after hammer.

58 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Okay, so we have a reason to lynch. But what's the reason for who we're lynching? Let's not just start a train.

I haven't seen any extreme scum-tells or fantastic reasoning as to whom to lynch. At the same time, I didn't expect to start the train so easily. Mojoman seems to be playing this off as if it's not important to him. Remember, if he flips mafia, he could have still been the miller.

D1 is town's chance to get any say in the first death, and the vote patterns can provide good information later. Mafia are the only players who know who all the town players are, so D1 can be a good reference point.

Just now, Shade939 said:

##No Lynch

Vote counted.

CVC:

OrangeP47 voted NoLynch
Shade939 voted NoLynch
iLikeToSnipe voted Mojoman
Nodlied voted nobody
Inferno voted nobody
Mojoman voted NoLynch
FRAYDO voted NoLynch
ChopBam voted Mojoman
TheIrishMan voted NoLynch

NoLynch has the majority. (6votes)

Hammer Time!

Just now, ChopBam said:

D1 is town's chance to get any say in the first death, and the vote patterns can provide good information later. Mafia are the only players who know who all the town players are, so D1 can be a good reference point.

That's mostly an argument to get a vote from everyone instead of actually lynching someone though. :v

NIGHT ONEYou have decided not to lynch anyone today! Some of you go home and rest, while some of you plan your actions for the night.

Day 2 starts in 24 hours. Please have your actions sent in by then.

2 posts per player, as usual.