[GAME OVER] MARVEL- NETFLIX BASICS MAFIA

Killing_You

Just now, Killing_You said:

From what I can see, it was a combination of notifications, flavor, and limiting Shade's ability. All of these seemed to severely hamper scum.

Yeah but it's only in my games that it's been a major flaw. To me, the connecting thread is obvious.

Eh, it's something I'd been noticing as a trend for awhile now, but I hadn't spoken up about because I don't like to rock the boat (I still feel like the newbie here even though it's been awhile and I've overtaken everyone in post count :v) We probably could have headed these things off sooner, but just let it slide.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

From what I can see, it was a combination of notifications, flavor, and limiting Shade's ability. All of these seemed to severely hamper scum.

Yeah but it's only in my games that it's been a major flaw. To me, the connecting thread is obvious.

Is it Jeod? I think It happened last game too. :v

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

And, if you want KY, you can be my co-mod some time.  I have a lot of game ideas, too many really, and they'll never get out to the public without some help.

That could work. I appreciate it.

KY, it's all part of learning. I haven't run terribly amazing games either, all of mine have ended by Day 3 with Town victory as well xD Granted there's a lot of other factors involved, I'm still working to improve how I set up my games as well.

Interestingly enough, I decided to get a rid of a lot of those notifications in one of my games without letting everyone know and there was a lot of backlash too. When I went to "correct" it, it helped basically mod confirm some people as Town. Honestly I think it's best to only give a few to none of the roles the ability to notify their target.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

You can help me design English Civil War(s) Mafia.

Alright, PM me.

3 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

KY, it's all part of learning. I haven't run terribly amazing games either, all of mine have ended by Day 3 with Town victory as well xD Granted there's a lot of other factors involved, I'm still working to improve how I set up my games as well.

Your games have actually been pretty decent, though.

I guess I should probably ask if you guys all had fun, rather than just looking at some frustration and taking it to heart as a representation of the game.

Just now, Killing_You said:

Alright, PM me.

I guess I should probably ask if you guys all had fun, rather than just looking at some frustration and taking it to heart as a representation of the game.

Yeah I had fun.  TBH we've never really had a real counter-claim before, at least in my time here, and it was fun to actually have one for a change.

24 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Alright, PM me.

Yep, I had fun. And this was definitely an improvement from the last game you ran. I don’t think you’ll run into any real balancing issues with the next game you host.

7 hours ago, Jeod said:

Hey @Category 5 Hurricane Whatever happened to Jennybeane (Jeanniebeane?) your friend from ghost trick mafia? Sunflower is our only female player!

JeanneBean. I've pinged her on occasion about playing and I think she is interested as she really enjoyed playing these things, but doesn't have the time she used to be able to commit to playing.

Back when she did play, she was more or less a stay-at-home Mom who really only needed to leave the apartment when she wanted to do something. She was taking classes but they were mostly of the online variety and she also didn't work very many hours whenever she had a job. Plus myself and my wife were roommates/next door neighbors so whenever she did need to do something on a timeline, she could recruit someone to watch the kid. Now she's a substitute teacher and working on her teaching license, and when she's home she's the primary caregiver for her child without myself or the wife to help because we've moved away into our own house a county away.

Plus, I'm pretty sure her boyfriend actively discourages her from playing, but I've never confirmed that.

13 hours ago, Sunflower said:

@Nodlied care to take a seat in the questioning chair?

source.gif

The game is over, but sure. :v 

12 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Alright, PM me.

Despite the fact that I suddenly had a ton of stuff going on during the game, yeah, I did have fun. That said, I do believe that most of my time was spent shitposting while somehow managing to vote for the right players. :v 
Also, don't worry too much about the balance of the game. Some tiny things could have been changed, but sometimes games just end the way they do due to how town and scum interact and how they manage to find one another. The death sentence of scum came through Jeod's flavour claim, not due to game mechanics. And, well, if you still think that it shouldn't have ended this way, look back at the Ausgleich game where it ended in a way which, by any means, should have been an almost impossible ending. Sometimes the dice just drop on the rarest road that only appears every once in a while. So yes, if you still don't feel confident, join in as a co-mod on the other games, then you'll see that you're capable.

4 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

working on her teaching license

Another one joins the fray! :eng101: