[GAME OVER] CYOR - Supernatural Edition

TheIrishman

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

We also need to use TP's to be more specific, they need to prevent Town from winning the game in order to actually deserve the title.

I don't think Verti was in the mood to be used.

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

By no definition was Verti a TP, he could clearly win the game alongside either Town or Mafia and should have been classified as a Neutral Player to reflect that, including the fact he didn't directly have any killing actions.

I was non hotile TP, which basically means a neutral role, except that I had an objective to fulfill which resulted in people dying (but once again not by my fault). I could only turn hostile if I used the notebook myself, but I would also loose my immortality. There was really no reason for me to kill people unless it could just help complete the game for either side. And I could only kill people who used the notebook, not anyone else.

I just needed the notebook to be used twice, which seems easy but it could be stopped by either handing the notebook to wrong people or just blocking me or others having the notebook. Even two blocks could resulted into destroying the notebook.

The role was a bit more restricting than the original Shinigami in DNM but then again this was CYOR with different mafia mechanics.

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

I was non hotile TP, which basically means a neutral role, except that I had an objective to fulfill which resulted in people dying (but once again not by my fault). I could only turn hostile if I used the notebook myself, but I would also loose my immortality. There was really no reason for me to kill people unless it could just help complete the game for either side. And I could only kill people who used the notebook, not anyone else.

I just needed the notebook to be used twice, which seems easy but it could be stopped by either handing the notebook to wrong people or just blocking me or others having the notebook. Even two blocks could resulted into destroying the notebook.

The role was a bit more restricting than the original Shinigami in DNM but then again this was CYOR with different mafia mechanics.

Yep, that was the delayed kill wasn't it.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

The one that would have resulted in helping Mafia winning the game.

Unless Mafia have a different set of rules for what they can do when they open the notebook.

I don't think they have different set of rules but we have to see in gaming end post.

Btw, originally Irish made a 6th Shinigami rule which said "When the Shinigami dies, the Death Note disappears." which was later removed. So if that one was still in game Orange would not be able to send Borg after Choppy.

40 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

IDK, without those penalty votes on Jeod, town would have won even after lynching the Shinigami.

Town could have won easily without the need to lynch Shinigami. Shinigami was in no way a goal for either of the sides, unless it would become hostile (in which case it would turn to be completely lynchable). I think that part was pretty fair, it's just that too many people just associate TP with SK role which could be a very critical error in endgame. Justifying who possess the bigger threat shouldn't be ignored, and town made a mistake in that regard.

Just now, VERTi60 said:

Town could have won easily without the need to lynch Shinigami. Shinigami was in no way a goal for either of the sides, unless it would become hostile (in which case it would turn to be completely lynchable). I think that part was pretty fair, it's just that too many people just associate TP with SK role which could be a very critical error in endgame. Justifying who possess the bigger threat shouldn't be ignored, and town made a mistake in that regards.

I regret nothing with that vote. :p 

Just now, VERTi60 said:

Town could have won easily without the need to lynch Shinigami. Shinigami was in no way a goal for either of the sides, unless it would become hostile (in which case it would turn to be completely lynchable). I think that part was pretty fair, it's just that too many people just associate TP with SK role which could be a very critical error in endgame. Justifying who possess the bigger threat shouldn't be ignored, and town made a mistake in that regard.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Same. You deserved it.

Just now, ChopBam said:

I actually like how the game ended myself: Greedy to kill that annoying guy for the cost of loosing the game. :p But I still completed my objective regardless, killing me was pointless the moment the 6th shinigami rule was no longer in gameplay...

Even though I tried to help town as much as possible (also because it looked like town had greater advantage), it's really surprising that mafia managed to won and I think they actually deserve it.

Night Six
Cat 5 uses Resurrection on Killing You
Killing You is revived
iLikeToSnipe protects himself
Orange Roleblocks and nightkills iLikeToSnipe
iLikeToSnipe dies
Orange passes the notebook to iLikeToSnipe, it fails. The Death Note returns to the Spirit World as Verti60 is no longer living.
Day Seven
Killing You and OrangeP47 are the only players left.
Scum equals or exceeds everyone else in votes, Scum wins!
(KY does not reload his weapon upon being revived, so there's no way for Town to win)

Game Over

Mafia has equaled the rest of the players in votes, completing their goal!
Third Party (Verti60) has successfully caused the deaths of 2 or more players with the Death Note!
Neutral (Orange P47) has completed his objective of capturing 3 different patients!

Awards

Immortal Slayer - Sunflower: Congratulations on being essential to killing the only immortal in the game!

Bad Luck - Nodlied and Sunflower: It took them all the way until Night 4 to get their first Nightkill, by then Nodlied was already dead while Sunflower was actually tracked.

Troll - Verti60: He actually did a decent job scum hunting initially, but then went off track to troll everyone in game.

Clever Gambit - iLikeToSnipe: He actually did limit the suspect pool down the the correct players with his gambit. It took until towards the end for Sunflower to vote for him, because Mafia are generally afraid of death.

Missed Opportunity - Town: Back when everybody was claiming left and right, the only two people who hadn't claimed were, in fact, Scum, as is usually expected.

Google Docs:
Dead Doc (So lonely)

After Game Thoughts:
The game went all over the place compared to how I thought it'd actually go. Mafia were very unlucky initially while Town was having a very hard time finding any sense of direction. iLTS's gambit was an interesting play and it ended up working for the most part. Nodlied's hider claim didn't really pan out for him, if he claimed to be Town, then this game might've ended sooner. Overall, I think I'm getting better at being a GM. I hope everyone had fun, I'm also happy to see that it's the most active game we've done as of late. I enjoyed watching most of the events unfold :b I do apologize though as some of the abilities were intended to be used with Retaliation being in the game. His abilities would've either left status effects and/or curses, while I forgot or didn't care to change the wording after he was unable to join.
I ended up adding in negative combinations to try and balance the synergy I added before. As for the SCP 106 and SCP Foundation being on the same side, like previously mentioned by a player, it was to prevent people from assuming character choice had any alignment to it (also Mafia members were decided by RNG).
If there's anything balance-wise that you think I should've changed or maybe a mechanic you'd like to suggest, please do. Or just in general, tell me what you thought of the game, thanks! :b

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

I actually like how the game ended myself: Greedy to kill that annoying guy for the cost of loosing the game. :p But I still completed my objective regardless, killing me was pointless the moment the 6th shinigami rule was no longer in gameplay...

Even though I tried to help town as much as possible (also because it looked like town had greater advantage), it's really surprising that mafia managed to won and I think they actually deserve it.

Orange made a good call releasing the death note info into the open, and at the perfect time too. It created the absolute best distraction scum could buy.

I have one question though about @Category 5 Hurricane role.

It seemed to be an interesting mechanic for town, but if you analyze it in the long run:

1. You had to sacrifice yourself in order to bring back two people, and you weren't sure they were town in the first place.
  2. It made town blind for most of the game.
  3. Town had to waste KY's shot that could have been used more efficiently on hostile player.

7 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Troll - Verti60: He actually did a decent job scum hunting initially, but then went off track to troll everyone in game.

I already guessed correctly the scum on D2 and was on target for the rest of the game, but really it was impossible to get town to do anything. So completing my trolling objective was something I could do instead :p (I hope everyone will not hold any grudges for it, but if they do, remember that we, Shinigami are used for that kind of reaction)

Just now, VERTi60 said:

I already guessed correctly the scum on D2 and was on target for the rest of the game, but really it was impossible to get town to do anything. So completing my trolling objective was something I could do instead :p (I hope everyone will not hold any grudges for it, but if they do, remember that we, Shinigami are used for that kind of reaction)

I wasn't scum until D4 though :p