[GAME OVER] CYOR - Supernatural Edition

TheIrishman

2 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Combined poll?

@Shade939do you wanna have TNG format included

Anyone else?

Remember that idea I had with two GMs running mafia games at the same time that are connected somehow? Wonder if anyone else has some thoughts that could make that a reality.

Just now, Jeod said:

Remember that idea I had with two GMs running mafia games at the same time that are connected somehow? Wonder if anyone else has some thoughts that could make that a reality.

You mean a two level elimination mafia with extra steps? :p

2 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

You mean a two level elimination mafia with extra steps? :p

Come on, even you have to admit that a Nod Base and GDI Base in separate games would make for next-level interesting if done properly.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Come on, even you have to admit that a Nod Base and GDI Base in separate games would make for next-level interesting if done properly.

Yea we had this discussion, I told you there was a possibility to have that combined in one game, or rather have a board format with set two teams playing the game against each other.

Running two separate mafia games at the same time would be pretty confusing though, and hard to coordinate between GMs. Maybe 1 GM could run both of them at the same time but if we would use same players for both games at the same time it could still create some confusion and conflicts of interest.

41 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Well, didn't expect a Godfather to be in the game. :v But hey, at least I finally got to play a cop past Day 2!

I didn't either. :) I knew my insanity meant my mind couldn't be judged or affected, but I thought it just meant I'd come up as "unknown" so I wasn't really too stoked about being investigated. Being investigated as town is just as big a surprise to me! But hey, if you survived and said I was town, I probably wouldn't have felt pressured to use my hypnosis on Verti early and I still would've died anyway so... worth it!

6 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

I have one question though about @Category 5 Hurricane role.

It seemed to be an interesting mechanic for town, but if you analyze it in the long run:

1. You had to sacrifice yourself in order to bring back two people, and you weren't sure they were town in the first place.
  2. It made town blind for most of the game.
  3. Town had to waste KY's shot that could have been used more efficiently on hostile player.

If you're asking me specifically, the way my role wound up was not how I designed it. TheIrishman changed it around to make things work for him. The way I designed my role would have been more like a detective at a crime scene. Able to do lots of things (see who was around at the time of death, talk to the dead player, or revive that player, pick one per night), but have limited time to do so. Oh, and dead from the moment the game started, so unable to vote or talk in the thread, but able to talk to people I helped. Pretty much the same as Sissel operated in Ghost Trick Mafia, with some changes to fit a more standard mafia game.

I did mention that because of how he designed it, my role hurt town until it was used and I needed to use it as soon as possible to make it worthwhile and I couldn't even be sure I revived a town player because I was limited to lynched players only. We adjusted some of the limitations on the fly shortly after the game started (I was added a second revive and allowed me to revive any player within the time limit if I myself was dead) but one thing I was counting on was that I expected to not be targetable while dead. I had specifically asked if dead players were valid targets and at the time the answer was no. I didn't find out he changed his mind until after OrangeP47 was allowed to block me. Part of the reason I considered being killed (either by provoking scum to kill me, being lynched, or having KY kill me, any would do) was because I expected to be free from direct interference to use my abilities (and also because Jeod was essential to disarming the WIFOM bomb).

19 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Shade, the thing is, Nodlied could've stolen a revival ability, vengeful ability/nameless, and a tracker ability.

He had a lot of potential, and his kills had armor piercing against any undead, so a lot of the protections would've sliced through.

Too bad literally everything ended up failing or not happening. :v I see a lot of potential with my role and the other roles in there (and how they affect me), but it just wasn't going to happen this game I guess. Too bad. But eh, shit happens.

18 hours ago, Sunflower said:

Sorry I had to lie to you so many times @Nodlied! I felt pretty bad about it but didn't have a choice. 

Meh, you didn't have a choice, so all is fine. What I am hurt about is that you betrayed me for that filthy piece of fruit that I tried to lynch (for, imo, good reasons at the time) :v. Oh well, guess I should retire and just sit in my mansion now, enjoying all sorts of art.

18 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

I can understand that mentioning in public, but also if mafia could utilize the deathnote while communicating with other members about it it could have make them more powerful. Still it could be done with Shinigami doc.

You know very well that I wouldn't even consider working with you. :v Especially if I knew that you were going to be such an arsehole towards everyone. And, to be fair, you had by far the easiest objective with pretty damn strong protection.

1 hour ago, Nodlied said:

Meh, you didn't have a choice, so all is fine. What I am hurt about is that you betrayed me for that filthy piece of fruit that I tried to lynch (for, imo, good reasons at the time) :v. Oh well, guess I should retire and just sit in my mansion now, enjoying all sorts of art.

If only you'd actually flipped sooner I would have had a lot less heat on me when I became scum :p:v

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

If only you'd actually flipped sooner I would have had a lot less heat on me when I became scum :p:v

I still consider you to be my main enemy this game, no matter if you ended up on my team or not. :v 

3 hours ago, Nodlied said:

You know very well that I wouldn't even consider working with you. :v Especially if I knew that you were going to be such an arsehole towards everyone.

I know that's why I never planned to send you the notebook, you were logically the worst possible option for cooperation (as I mentioned about the justice you are full of :p )

3 hours ago, Nodlied said:

And, to be fair, you had by far the easiest objective with pretty damn strong protection.

Believe me, Irish made it pretty challenging. KY could kill me right away. Sunflower indirectly removing my immortality. There was a good chance they would do it once I flipped lynchproof. Not sure if iLTS could also do something to me, I wanted to test it on D1. That's 30% of players that could do a short process with me despite me asking for immortal role. Then we have the notebook itself, there was a risk nobody would use it. I had to analyze who would be the most killing hungry/curious player. Hence I picked a scum player first and I had to guess correctly who it was. Then pick a town member who would use it to kill the said scum. Then there were people who could have block me or someone else holding the notebook. If the notebook would fail to be passed even twice, it would have killed me and the notebook.

Compared to the original Shinigami from DNM, it was much harder since in the previous game there were more people with a motive to use it (only available killing tool) and there were almost no counters to said Shinigami.

1 hour ago, Nodlied said:

I still consider you to be my main enemy this game, no matter if you ended up on my team or not. :v 

55 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

You, sir, are a scum of principle.

This is the exact Justice I was talking about :p

51 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

I know that's why I never planned to send you the notebook, you were logically the worst possible option for cooperation (as I mentioned about the justice you are full of :p )

You know me too well. 

52 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Believe me, Irish made it pretty challenging. KY could kill me right away. Sunflower indirectly removing my immortality. There was a good chance they would do it once I flipped lynchproof. Not sure if iLTS could also do something to me, I wanted to test it on D1. That's 30% of players that could do a short process with me despite me asking for immortal role. Then we have the notebook itself, there was a risk nobody would use it. I had to analyze who would be the most killing hungry/curious player. Hence I picked a scum player first and I had to guess correctly who it was. Then pick a town member who would use it to kill the said scum. Then there were people who could have block me or someone else holding the notebook. If the notebook would fail to be passed even twice, it would have killed me and the notebook.

How high were the chances of that happening? :v Our nightkill as scum had a higher percentage of failing than you dying early on. And the risk nobody would use it? Eh, we have enough players out here who'd use it without hesitation, no matter if they're scum or town. Shade (As RNG killer) and Jeod (As the hardcore scumhunter) come to mind as some of them. Didn't know about the notebook failing to pass killing you though. That may have been a necessary balancing factor.

56 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Compared to the original Shinigami from DNM, it was much harder since in the previous game there were more people with a motive to use it (only available killing tool) and there were almost no counters to said Shinigami.

Well, that's mostly because that game revolved around the Debtnote. Due to that, it's not too hard to imagine that you'd have a more difficult time in this game.