[GAME OVER] CYOR - Supernatural Edition

TheIrishman

Shade makes a good point. Before revealing himself, it would have been a good play as a hider to try and be "bad town", make yourself look like town but do a bad job at scum hunting. Gets targets off your back.

But now Nodlied has outed himself. I just don't feel like he's changed his tactics after doing so. That feels really off to me.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Yet you continued to push that narrative ignoring everything to the contrary.

Ignoring everything to the contrary? There wasn't anything you did or said that disproved my standpoint.

2 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Shade makes a good point. Before revealing himself, it would have been a good play as a hider to try and be "bad town", make yourself look like town but do a bad job at scum hunting. Gets targets off your back.

That wasn't really necessary since the lynch targets have been painted on my back since the start of the game. :v (Especially after D2 where I just managed to survive due to RNG.)

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I'm not ruling out the setup being bonkers.  I don't blame Irish if that's the case, however.  This is CYOR, strange stuff happens.

Still 80-90% on Nodlied being scum though :p

I demand some decimal points on those percentages for increased accuracy. :v

Just now, Shade939 said:

I voted up iLTS to start with...

Very late into the day, at which point a ton of time had already passed since the first appearance of you claiming that you were to counter iLTS. I even raised that yesterday, telling you that it's very bizarre how you wouldn't vote up your counter immediately. You claimed to not vote due to fearing iLTS's vengeful ability, even after Snipe had made it clear that he'd go after Verti. It took a lot of us to somewhat force you into voting him later in the day. 

I'm repeating myself by now. If you don't want to understand what happened, fine, be my guest, but don't blame me if this behaviour bites you in the arse in a future game.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Very late into the day, at which point a ton of time had already passed since the first appearance of you claiming that you were to counter iLTS. I even raised that yesterday, telling you that it's very bizarre how you wouldn't vote up your counter immediately. You claimed to not vote due to fearing iLTS's vengeful ability, even after Snipe had made it clear that he'd go after Verti. It took a lot of us to somewhat force you into voting him later in the day. 

I'm repeating myself by now. If you don't want to understand what happened, fine, be my guest, but don't blame me if this behaviour bites you in the arse in a future game.

So, I'm supposed to vote up iLTS on his word that he'd go after Verti instead of me...

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

That was a bummer of a lynch result yesterday...

Either way, I think one of our neutrals are lying. If they both happen to be telling the truth then we've got a bonkers game setup.

What if both are lying about their neutrality. I mean, I'm not even going to defend myself anymore. You don't trust me, that's fine. I die, I lose, eh. But shouldn't you lads at least start focussing on something else? You are wasting time on the player that has by all means and purposes been lynched already.

Just now, Nodlied said:

What if both are lying about their neutrality. I mean, I'm not even going to defend myself anymore. You don't trust me, that's fine. I die, I lose, eh. But shouldn't you lads at least start focussing on something else? You are wasting time on the player that has by all means and purposes been lynched already.

That's what night actions are for in this situation.

Just now, Shade939 said:

So, I'm supposed to vote up iLTS on his word that he'd go after Verti instead of me...

What you are supposed to do is to put pressure on somebody that you counter, especially if you know that you are town. As many said before, town countering town doesn't make a lot of sense. (I brought in town countering town in the hopes of me being able to claim town if necessary, which it wasnt.) So what if you die? Town is expendable. You would have done a good job. Instead you were afraid, afraid of death. To me, that instills a different objective. I was wrong in the end, but I didn't know that at that point.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

That's what night actions are for in this situation.

Night actions are not the end all and be all. You have the time to discuss all sorts of things, including what the living shit happened to Jeod and who's responsible for that.

3 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

What you are supposed to do is to put pressure on somebody that you counter, especially if you know that you are town. As many said before, town countering town doesn't make a lot of sense. (I brought in town countering town in the hopes of me being able to claim town if necessary, which it wasnt.) So what if you die? Town is expendable. You would have done a good job. Instead you were afraid, afraid of death. To me, that instills a different objective. I was wrong in the end, but I didn't know that at that point.

As jack of all trades sort of role I would have naturally been a counter to many things, especially if I survived till late game with my abilities to use.

As it currently was, I was debating how similar iLTS would be to his character in universe, in which he's basically an unstoppable monster that is only temporarily detained before he escapes to go on a killing rampage again.

26 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I will outright say that's it's bad game balance to have an anti-town role that can only be eliminated through a day or night kill.

It's been done in Verti games, where the unlynchable scum couldn't nightkill. He had a night action that left him vulnerable for a day but would remove both his restriction and his protection.

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

It's been done in Verti games, where the unlynchable scum couldn't nightkill. He had a night action that left him vulnerable for a day but would remove both his restriction and his protection.

Coincidentally, one of these unlynchable scum characters in a Verti game was a helipad. *Glares at Verti's avatar.*

Sorry for the spam, but new ideas keep coming. The main complaint about the helipad was that it could nightkill while also being unlynchable. Wasn't very popular. The fact Verti's boasting his "spooky helipad" right now and the fact he's apparently unlynchable doesn't bode well for his reputation atm.

8 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

As jack of all trades sort of role I would have naturally been a counter to many things, especially if I survived till late game with my abilities to use.

As it currently was, I was debating how similar iLTS would be to his character in universe, in which he's basically an unstoppable monster that is only temporarily detained before he escapes to go on a killing rampage again.

You were very adament about being a specific counter to iLTS at the time. You didn't imply that you were a true jack of all trades at the time, and even if you did, I probably disregarded it due to the entire SPC vs SPC 106(?) thing going on. Two roles which, flavour wise, are against one another and you claiming that you're a dedicated counter to Snipe meant to me that you two couldn't be on the same team.