[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

6 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Okay, how does everyone feel about this solution to the level problem:  When a pokemon faints, you get half its levels to distribute to other pokemon.  So for a level 10, you'd get 5, a level 20, 10, etc.  You can break up these levels however you want across pokemon too, so say you had 10 to distribute, you could send 5 one way and 5 another.  The level cap would still be 50, but you'd also still need to reach an "effective" 60 to evolve twice, for pokemon that do so.  I'll also publicly reveal that every 10 levels is what gives you a chance to learn a new level up move.  How do we feel about this?  If the change is made, Jeod would retroactively have 5 levels to distribute.

I kinda feel like this is too powerful. I prospective person with a level 50 who loses could get a level 10 up to 45 in one night. I think this would make putting all your coins into one pokemon the only way to play.

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

No, not that bad. Just really unfortunate moveset. Everyone on my roster has a really unfortunate moveset, which I only hope can be fixed by leveling.

Ouch. I'm fortunate that only half my pokemon would require a major overhaul. 2 are really good.

Eh, there might be more alternatives that don't involve levels.  If everyone's willing to table the level issue I can investigate other non-level solutions and have something worked up by D3 start, though the caveat there might be that said change would be a secret perhaps.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I kinda feel like this is too powerful. I prospective person with a level 50 who loses could get a level 10 up to 45 in one night. I think this would make putting all your coins into one pokemon the only way to play.

I do agree with that point in making it the most effective strategy.

But it's mainly about reducing the amount of time it takes to create a viable build after you've lost a Pokémon and have to replace it.

10 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Jeod, can you state your case on Shade? He's probably my number #1 suspect, too, but I feel like I've lost your reasoning.

His assumptions on D1 made him seem like he knew more than he should. He hasn't seemed concerned about how he looks in the eyes of other players, which tells me he's more concerned worried about being able to hold his own...which leads us into his complaints today regarding the proposed changes to the system in place. It's the same kind of behavior I witnessed in PokeMafia 1.

He's not town. May not be Rocket either, but he's definitely not town.

If you put all your eggs in one basket and drop the basket, you better expect to not be able to get back in the game right away. A one night turnaround resulting in a 5 level deficit is too much.

I do think that this game could have been designed to allow us more freedom to develop our rosters, but I don't think someone should be able to come back in one night. If you do want that to be possible, then we shouldn't have had levels to begin with.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Do the effects of level differences start to even out as you get higher in levels? By which I mean is the difference between level 50 vs 60 as extreme as level 10 vs 20?

TBH levels aren't the be all to end all.  Type matchups are still very important, as is move power.  Take yesterday's investigation for example.  It wasn't just that Jeod was 10 and Psyduck was 30.... Pyduck had Hydro Cannon, which is a power 120 move with STAB.

Could force level distribution, so if you get 10 levels from a loss, you have to split them between 2 Pokemon. Therefore, even if you only have one "life" left, you're still not fully prepared to make a comeback.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

And I'm totally lost on what's going on for combat today. Is everyone happy with whatever it is we're doing?

Basically I just shrugged and said sure. I'm only worried about Rocket winning a fight, so unless they're actaully willing to fight each other despite the fact they should be outnumbered by Town...

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Could force level distribution, so if you get 10 levels from a loss, you have to split them between 2 Pokemon. Therefore, even if you only have one "life" left, you're still not fully prepared to make a comeback.

Force an equal distribution between all remaining pokemon perhaps?

Eh, still makes training pokemon even more of a no brainer.

battletext.thumb.png.67de14a0a04cd501093024dc988e6d17.png

CVC

Irish leads trainer

Retaliation leads rocket

Valid investigation zones:  Goldenrod Radio Tower, Goldenrod Gym, Route 30, Route 34

Current Active players

1.  TheIrishman - Irish/trainer

2.  Jeod - No votes

3.  Retaliation - Sunflower/trainer, Retaliation/rocket

4.  Shade939 - Irish/trainer, Retalation/rocket

5.  Sunflower - Retaliation/rocket

6.  Brigitte - Route 30/rocket

7.  Cat 5 - No votes

chicken.thumb.png.c09494a5e45e0246f50e1b92f4eee729.png

29 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'll be back in 30 minutes to set up the battle properly, but Irish has Wobuffet and Retaliation has Skarmory.  Mull on that for a bit.

Hey, did you find the Exp Share yet? It's in Violet City. ;)

Just now, Jeod said:

Hey, did you find the Exp Share yet? It's in Violet City. ;)

Yeah. I know you'll find this funny considering what I said about gen 6-7 exp share, but I tended not to use it in earlier games.  This time I actually have been though.