Kaiju CYOR Mafia [GAME OVER]

Shade939

44 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

I don't believe this. Had I submitted my action in time, I would have tailed you. I am currently under the belief that your lack of action was deliberate, unlike mine. However, since I did nothing it works out in your favor anyway.

I truly wish you had tailed me. Cause then you would know I am telling the truth. :p

2 hours ago, Louis said:

Also now I'm just curious what the device does. If I die I want all of you to know I 'helped' Jeod and Fraydo, and you guys can interpret that...

But you also tried to steal from me last night too? I would like to know your definition of 'helped'.

15 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

But you also tried to steal from me last night too? I would like to know your definition of 'helped'.

Well think about it. My ability is Webbing, my webs builds around a person prevent them from being attacked, it traps them but not any actions they do, but if they did pass an item or receive an item it gets stuck in my webs and it belongs to me

I see. So you did not provide me with the two tracks on N1 after all. While it may not help in the current Louis v. Sunflower case we seem to be at currently, I at least have this question resolved and may have an idea who helped my results.

On 7/23/2020 at 8:11 PM, Sunflower said:

Whew. Suddenly relieved I didn't get to visit ILTS last night like I hoped. He sounds scary.

raw

For some more info: here is me expressing relief that I wasn't able to visit ILTS on night one after he revealed he was targeted with a kill. I didn't want to imply bodyguard because I figured that would just get me killed during the night. But it's definitely what I was thinking at the time.

59 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Like, explain “capturing” someone.

It's pretty much a jailkeeper role except it's a combination of roleblock and bodyguard. I don't actually "capture" people in the flavor, but it's the way I think of it. What I do is I try to seduce people and run around making a nuisance of myself so they can't get anything done. Because I'm King Kong. He likes the ladies and he is an ape. And if you watch the movies, he dies protecting the woman he captured. So if they get targeted by a killing action, they won't die, but I will die instead.

It's a pretty interesting role because it forces me to balance who I want to block with who I want to bodyguard which are kinda opposite things. But ever since Cat 5 used the Peach avatar, I thought of Donkey Kong and wanted to use it on him. So that was pretty much why I picked him last night.

Been pretty busy (and I'll still be pretty busy over the next few days unfortunately) but here's my read list and current thoughts.

Can't be mafia:

• iLikeToSnipe: N1 NK target
  • OrangeP47: N1 mafia investigative target, claimed TP
  • Retaliation: daykilled mafia
  • FRAYDO: helped track and take down mafia

So that narrows it down to:

• Jeod
  • Louis
  • Category 5 Hurricane
  • Sunflower

Of these four, I feel that Louis is the least likely. I haven't seen any red flags from her yet and she stole an item that's most likely harmful "for the lolz". Maybe it's scum giving up and going for a longshot, but taking everything together I just don't see it. I haven't been feeling too well the past few days, so I haven't kept as much track of the game as I usually do. But I can at least logically bring it down to Jeod, Cat5, or Sunflower.

Retal was not the only one who noticed the different reaction from Sunflower compared to Jeod and Cat5 (the other two options on this list). I at first thought Retal had used KY's exact same day action and expected it to be a day kill. But looking back I noticed the action differences as well as Sunflower's reaction. However, I'd been waiting for FRAYDO to check in with his report from N2 so I didn't say anything about it yet.

I'm not the best right now to determine which of the three is mafia, but just that one potential slip makes me think that it's Sunflower. If anyone else has a summary they want to make, I'll read it. But right now my vote is going to be on Sunflower.

##vote Sunflower

Or alternatively I am an observant person that's trying to learn as much as I can about scum so I can catch them.

Here's what I think is going on. Either:

1) Scum are doing something to me and planned to try to get me lynched d2 with KY prepping me for the lynch to cover for himself. KY was killed abruptly and they weren't able to alter their plan. His partner is now deciding to stick with the plan despite all of the evidence against me being KY's partner (ie: me choosing to associate myself with the n1 nightkill target without any knowledge of what else happened and then KY using that information to try to get me lynched in his place).

2) Scum are not doing anything to me, but KY saw an opportunity to take advantage of my tricky position to get out of his mess and took it. And now his partner is continuing the tradition.

Just now, Sunflower said:

TBH I think I would have to be really dumb to do what you guys are suggesting as scum. It's not in my personality at all to put so much attention on myself.

I'll amend my metaphor from last night to say town is playing 1D chess :p

10 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

Or alternatively I am an observant person that's trying to learn as much as I can about scum so I can catch them.

Here's what I think is going on. Either:

1) Scum are doing something to me and planned to try to get me lynched d2 with KY prepping me for the lynch to cover for himself. KY was killed abruptly and they weren't able to alter their plan. His partner is now deciding to stick with the plan despite all of the evidence against me being KY's partner (ie: me choosing to associate myself with the n1 nightkill target without any knowledge of what else happened and then KY using that information to try to get me lynched in his place).

2) Scum are not doing anything to me, but KY saw an opportunity to take advantage of my tricky position to get out of his mess and took it. And now his partner is continuing the tradition.

Well with the failed actions that you've had so far and no one is able to verify you, puts you on the chopping block. Why do you think scum is directly targeting you?

I have an alternative to that list that I’ll go over with Cat5 first as a proofing. I realize that Cat5 can’t be proven town, though, so I’ll also post it here. I’m still at work right now though so I’ll put it up in 3-4 hours.

2 minutes ago, Louis said:

Well with the failed actions that you've had so far and no one is able to verify you, puts you on the chopping block. Why do you think scum is directly targeting you?

I might have agreed with you if we didn't know KY was mafia and likely tried to kill ILTS on n1. But since we know that it doesn't really make much sense anymore IMO.

No clue about why scum might have targeted me n1. Maybe it was just random. Maybe they thought I wouldn't handle the situation well. Maybe they remembered that time when I doctored 75% of the NKs. Who knows? On n2, I think it's more obvious. They wanted me to be in this situation where I have this weird unexplainable thing for two nights in a row with no NKs in sight. I can say for sure if I was scum and KY's partner and could use an NK and an action at the same time, I definitely would have done that.

9 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

I might have agreed with you if we didn't know KY was mafia and likely tried to kill ILTS on n1. But since we know that it doesn't really make much sense anymore IMO.

No clue about why scum might have targeted me n1. Maybe it was just random. Maybe they thought I wouldn't handle the situation well. Maybe they remembered that time when I doctored 75% of the NKs. Who knows? On n2, I think it's more obvious. They wanted me to be in this situation where I have this weird unexplainable thing for two nights in a row with no NKs in sight. I can say for sure if I was scum and KY's partner and could use an NK and an action at the same time, I definitely would have done that.

Yeah but do you have proof that scum targeted you on purpose?

10 minutes ago, Louis said:

Well do you see how hard it is to believe you when you don't have proof.

I do, but I think people are focusing on my claims and ignoring the context of all the things I've been saying during the game before last night.

10 minutes ago, Louis said:

Who do you think is scum?

I think it's probably you because of the claim that one of your items was blocked but not the other (how does that work?) and the similarities between our roles. Plus cocoons sound pretty restrictive, like something that wouldn't allow people to move. The next one on my list is Cat 5 because it felt like he was looking for a moment to jump me and he doesn't have many points in his favor apart from Jeod confirming his masonry. Next on my list would be Jeod. We still don't really know much about him other than he gives people gummy bears. Orange doesn't really seem likely anymore because of the third party theatrics. Everyone else seems pretty unlikely unless there's something I'm missing about them.

4 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

I think it's probably you because of the claim that one of your items was blocked but not the other (how does that work?) and the similarities between our roles. Plus cocoons sound pretty restrictive, like something that wouldn't allow people to move. The next one on my list is Cat 5 because it felt like he was looking for a moment to jump me and he doesn't have many points in his favor apart from Jeod confirming his masonry. Next on my list would be Jeod. We still don't really know much about him other than he gives people gummy bears. Orange doesn't really seem likely anymore because of the third party theatrics. Everyone else seems pretty unlikely unless there's something I'm missing about them.

I never claimed I was blocked you might wanna go back and re-read that for yourself.

And I said it was like a cocoon which allows people to use actions still but not ba able to pass items which gets stuck on my webs