[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

From a game mechanic standpoint.

I assume the roleblock was to prevent me from immediately infecting another player right after I was stabbed. Which, since I don't appear to be infectious, also implies that I avoided being infected.

Which on that fun note, we'll have roles that can't visit players because they're infectious, and roles that don't have an ability to visit other players...

Couldn't a stab just... go last in the order of operations... like a kill....

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

How do you know the knife roleblocked you though?

It's the only action mentioned as targeting me, hence making it the most likely outcome.

And I know my action failed, because I would have noticed the difference if it worked.

Just now, Shade939 said:

It's the only action mentioned as targeting me, hence making it the most likely outcome.

And I know my action failed, because I would have noticed the difference if it worked.

Are you expecting to get notified of every action targeting you?

Just now, Shade939 said:

No, but I was told I was stabbed, so I assume a roleblock would have also been mentioned, along with any other obvious actions like that.

Ehhh... I mean... this is almost a sensible rationale... but then again... seeing your action fail is kind of a notification in and of itself too...

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Ehhh... I mean... this is almost a sensible rationale... but then again... seeing your action fail is kind of a notification in and of itself too...

I mean I can't speak for Jeod, but to be fair if I was doing it I do see your point.

2 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Have you considered the possibility that Irish has a protective passive of some kind? That and a direct roleblock both make more sense than the knife being the roleblock.

I assume the roleblock more has to do with the fact you're supposed to be immedaitley infectious after getting stabbed, so this limits the rate of infection.

Okay so because this is becoming such a big deal and I'm not sure Irish is going to be able to respond in a timely manner. I suspect (high certainty) visiting Irish roleblocks you.

Why?

Because I got a golden ticket~~~~~

Which under the fine print says it allows you a one time ability to visit the chocolate factory without being roleblocked.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Okay so because this is becoming such a big deal and I'm not sure Irish is going to be able to respond in a timely manner. I suspect (high certainty) visiting Irish roleblocks you.

Why?

Which under the fine print says it allows you a one time ability to visit the chocolate factory without being roleblocked.

So Voe's choosing his heir now? :v

Just now, Retaliation said:

Why?

Huh, just when I almost thought Shade might have had a point...

Good, because roleblocking knife is very galaxy brain.

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Why?

Well, I suppose that's that then.

The direct roleblock and the knife attack being separate actions only makes sense if one of them is Mafia and the other is Third Party.

Which could make sense, as the implied idea with the infection is that whoever has that picked Shade because he was going to visit someone, while the roleblock was to specifically stop Shade from doing what he said he was going to do.

In this setup I would guess the infection is coming from the Third Party, and the roleblock is Mafia.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

The direct roleblock and the knife attack being separate actions only makes sense if one of them is Mafia and the other is Third Party.

Which could make sense, as the implied idea with the infection is that whoever has that picked Shade because he was going to visit someone, while the roleblock was to specifically stop Shade from doing what he said he was going to do.

In this setup I would guess the infection is coming from the Third Party, and the roleblock is Mafia.

Lol ninja'd.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Nah, as I said, I didn't visit anyone. I was making a reference to a previous CYOR. :v 

I quoted that post, but I was more referencing where you seemed to guess that Irishman blocked people before Retal revealed it, as that was quite prescient.

Though I'd forgotten you'd said you didn't visit anyone.