[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

As much as I *enjoy* arguing with Shade, it's not productive, so here's two other thoughts.

1)  Who would want to stop Shade?

2)  Did someone hope Shade would actually become infectious, knowing he'd infect Irish.  (Well, "knowing")

Besides iLTS who vented yesterday? :v

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

As much as I *enjoy* arguing with Shade, it's not productive, so here's two other thoughts.

1)  Who would want to stop Shade?

2)  Did someone hope Shade would actually become infectious, knowing he'd infect Irish.  (Well, "knowing")

Those are good points. Assuming Irish is town (or at least not mafia), then mafia might assume that visiting Irish gives a buff. So what if they role blocked Shade and then visited Irish themselves? Then a third party who infects and spreads that (or maybe only infects people the target visits) see Shade as a guaranteed visitor, so they try to infect Shade.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Those are good points. Assuming Irish is town (or at least not mafia), then mafia might assume that visiting Irish gives a buff. So what if they role blocked Shade and then visited Irish themselves? Then a third party who infects and spreads that (or maybe only infects people the target visits) see Shade as a guaranteed visitor, so they try to infect Shade.

:?

What are the actual chances that the (most likely) one person who couldn't be infected is targeted? That's low odds. Even if Shade was a 'guarenteed' visitor, that's an easy deception for Shade to pull off to lure people to him. A third party would see right through that.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Apparently he was a mentor, but I don't know what that would be.

A Mentor is a role whose Night action is one of the following:

• If the Mentor does not have a living Mentee, at Night they can recruit one.
  • If the Mentor does have a living Mentee, at Night they or their Mentee can kill someone (unless the Mentor already has a factional kill).

A Mentee is a player who has been recruited by a Mentor. They can talk to the Mentor at any time, but will die if the Mentor dies. (If the Mentee dies, that just frees up the Mentor to recruit someone else during the next Night.)

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

What are the actual chances that the (most likely) one person who couldn't be infected is targeted? That's low odds. Even if Shade was a 'guarenteed' visitor, that's an easy deception for Shade to pull off to lure people to him. A third party would see right through that.

To be frank, the necromorph virus works on dead corpses, so if I was already dead. :v

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

A Mentor is a role whose Night action is one of the following:

• If the Mentor does not have a living Mentee, at Night they can recruit one.
  • If the Mentor does have a living Mentee, at Night they or their Mentee can kill someone (unless the Mentor already has a factional kill).

A Mentee is a player who has been recruited by a Mentor. They can talk to the Mentor at any time, but will die if the Mentor dies. (If the Mentee dies, that just frees up the Mentor to recruit someone else during the next Night.)

Oh.... I'd actually never heard of that.

Just now, Mojoman said:

I mean, it's from the Mafia Wiki, so take it with a grain of salt.

I mean the mere fact that someone wrote it out means that it exists.  Granted, he could be something else with the same name, but that's probably an accepted role, it's generally pretty good at cataloguing those.

Anywho, I gotta take care of some things, so I'll be afk for 30-45 minutes.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

I really wish I had Shade's night report because we've gone from "There was a knife" to no knife and now we're arguing over the semantics of how infection is conjugated.

He is the knife.

I Am Bread - Wikipedia

43 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'm back, and I want to return to this.

What is this argument?  We've established Irish is the roleblock?

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'm haphazardly catching up on posts. Is Irish the roleblock?

According to Retal, those that visit Irish get roleblocked.  He knows this because he got a "Golden Ticket" that now allows him to get around it.  KY somehow figured this out too, guessing it before Retal mentioned it, despite claiming to have gone nowhere.

21 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I really wish I had Shade's night report because we've gone from "There was a knife" to no knife and now we're arguing over the semantics of how infection is conjugated.

In short, I was slashed by something, leaving a cut that doesn't look infectious.

I choose to describe that as someone attacking me with an infected knife. Although an alien or monster with claws would also work.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

According to Retal, those that visit Irish get roleblocked.  He knows this because he got a "Golden Ticket" that now allows him to get around it.  KY somehow figured this out too, guessing it before Retal mentioned it, despite claiming to have gone nowhere.

Ah, I had missed that or not gotten to it yet.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

In short, I was slashed by something, leaving a cut that doesn't look infectious.

I choose to describe that as someone attacking me with an infected knife. Although an alien or monster with claws would also work.

I might be reading into it too much, but that would make me think that you are infected with something and cannot spread it.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

You have a very talented imagination.