[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

It would be fun to setup a round of games where each BHP GM picks what they think was their best game, tweeks it enough to be different, and reruns it.

I was already considering doing such a thing, running a Ghost Trick game again with alterations.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I was already considering doing such a thing, running a Ghost Trick game again with alterations.

I forgot about that one. I thought that was one of the most fun I've played.

I've thought about doing something like Pulp Novel Chicago mafia again.

Just now, Killing_You said:

resists the urge to shamelessly plug Dead Legion

If there's one positive from Corona I hope happens it's that we see a resurgence in the genre.  I think it's already starting to happen.  It goes in cycles, but we were about due for a resurgence.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I think I only played the first two, just didn't have time for the later games. Those were Verti's first RPG style games, right?

Yeah they started mafia and ended up pvp forum RPGs.

I wish there was (or I knew about) some software that helped with the complexity and updating that has to constantly happen during those. I'd try to do some myself, but it's so much work for what often ends up as a worse game of mafia.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Yeah they started mafia and ended up pvp forum RPGs.

I wish there was (or I knew about) some software that helped with the complexity and updating that has to constantly happen during those. I'd try to do some myself, but it's so much work for what often ends up as a worse game of mafia.

I could probably write something like that. I haven't done anything with gaming throughout my professional career, but I do a lot with industrial networking/communication and distributed services. i.e. something that players could send their actions to and it would validate everything.

If somebody wanted to pay for it, it shouldn't be that difficult to host as a website for the front end. Might even be possible to do it for free on AWS.

2 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I could probably write something like that. I haven't done anything with gaming throughout my professional career, but I do a lot with industrial networking/communication and distributed services. i.e. something that players could send their actions to and it would validate everything.

If somebody wanted to pay for it, it shouldn't be that difficult to host as a website for the front end. Might even be possible to do it for free on AWS.

*DDoS the Action Server at Day Change*

Eh maybe we are reading too much into this as a cult. It seems at least half of us either chose to or can't visit other people right now. Let's say your town, if you got infected, you'd obviously not visit people. If you're on the scum team, you'd do the NK (not pass an infection) and your partner could do their night action. And apparently we have one guy who is just immune to it.

It seems like a really difficult job to spread a cult like that.

My guess is the knife is a TP NK with a % chance to actually do.

Just imagine the chaos if scum, TP, and town (through a FRAYDO mentor thing) all had NK's that were 100% chance (barring blocking). We'd be done by D3.

Was I the only one reading it as a cult? Though honestly, these are a good reasons, arsonist/poisoner does seem more reasonable, and I did originally list it as a possibility too so it's not like I wasn't unaware about it being a possibility from the start.

And returning to the jealousy angle, I've wanted to be Pestilence for awhile now with some kind of spreading disease/infection, but I've never been able to make it into a form acceptable to a GM, so if someone else found a way to condense it, IE an infection, I'd be hopping mad.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Was I the only one reading it as a cult? Though honestly, these are a good reasons, arsonist/poisoner does seem more reasonable, and I did originally list it as a possibility too so it's not like I wasn't unaware about it being a possibility from the start.

I'll admit my first impression was cult as well, but that doesn't make a fun case against you.

It's probably worth mentioned but someone was trying to spread disinformation to counter my original statements about what happened to me. :v

I was targeted by an ability that could have made me become infectious, I am not infectious from what sounded like random luck, and not because my ability stopped it.

We already know for a fact that FRAYDO was killed by a NK.

The action I was targeted by is also most likely a scum action, given that fact, it is likely we have a player running around trying to infect other players with a virus. Also, given the fact I was targeted, it was likely that they wanted me to infect other players by me visiting them, or other players visiting me in turn.

5 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

We already know for a fact that FRAYDO was killed by a NK.

The action I was targeted by is also most likely a scum action, given that fact, it is likely we have a player running around trying to infect other players with a virus. Also, given the fact I was targeted, it was likely that they wanted me to infect other players by me visiting them, or other players visiting me in turn.

So you're saying scum has two night kills or that this infection is something else?