Renegade Archive - What RenAlert Version Do You Want Next?

What version of RenAlert should Einstein be focusing on reviving next?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What version of RenAlert should Einstein be focusing on reviving next?

• 0.900 pkgmod - The very first release. (Note: it is a single map) - 2002
    • 9910/9915 - The first standalone version. - 2003
    • 9920/9925 - The first update(s) - 2003
    • 9935 - One of the most popular releases, and the last of "alpha" as well as the last before the project was officially renamed to "A Path Beyond" - 2004
    • We dont care, just give us another 1.2 Beta event!
    • Gamma? For teh lulz? (This is already 99% ready since it is quite new in comparison)
    • Hydra (explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

Einstein said:

Hey cooly, make a poll and see what renalert version people want the most.

Hiya everyone! @Einstein is hard at work getting things ready to add to Renegade Archive. For those that might not know, this is a project to have certain older builds of each game playable right from our launcher. APB Beta 1.2 was the first to make it, and is available on the launcher now!

But there are so many, and so much to work on, and even more beyond the scope of just APB. So Einstein wants to know - what do you want the most? The results of this poll will determine which game gets (re)released next.

This will also lead to more random events, and give newer members a chance to see just how far the game has come after all these years. 

1 hour ago, Threve said:

SOVIETSALLIESLOL.Mix Map on the new Beta re-release.

There may be more, but I have 3 of those maps, and I believe they are all for 9935. They may be able to be brought to beta, not sure. I also have a newer version of one of them that is meant for something after 1.2 (1.3 or 1.4 I believe). I fully intended to release them, so stay tuned :)

7 hours ago, Anon_Kat said:

Once where done with Renalert, are you guys gonna do Sole Survivor mod for Renegade?

I started working on Sole Survivor a while back. It poses some interesting challenges because it is of a unique construction, like no other renegade mod. SomeRhino did much of this customization to make it behave like a standalone game, while still piggybacking on renegade. I have made some good progress, but there is still plenty to do. I've made a couple videos that you can find on youtube and see the beginning stages. I need to make another video to show the current progress.

But yes, it is being worked on.

The download that Moonsense linked up there contains only the original files, which only work with stock renegade (you can not use any of the TT updates or it will break it). Hopefully we can have it running on a modern version of the engine soon! :)

Thanks for your interest!

14 minutes ago, GummiBear said:

What is this sole survivor mod even? Does it try to mimick like the actual sole survivor game (but in FPS style ofc), or something entirely different?

Yes. 

It had a lot of pretty interesting game modes, and the combat was decently fun at the time. The game suffered from not having a lot of members in the community, and most of them were making their way over to APB/Reborn not long after it released. 

5 minutes ago, Coolrock said:

Yes. 

It had a lot of pretty interesting game modes, and the combat was decently fun at the time. The game suffered from not having a lot of members in the community, and most of them were making their way over to APB/Reborn not long after it released. 

So it even mimicked Soul Survivor (the actual game) down the playerbase size you could almost say :P

4 minutes ago, GummiBear said:

So it even mimicked Soul Survivor (the actual game) down the playerbase size you could almost say :P

Rude :v

It was hard to compete with the other bigger mods at the time. SomeRhino did an amazing job with all things considered. 

On 3/2/2021 at 3:20 PM, GeneralCamo said:

zunnie ported it back in the day. His most infamous contribution being the several hundred MB music file he included with it, but it was otherwise authentic.

Map wouldn't be the same without it.