Tiberian Dawn: The First Strike

Bfranx

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Just remember to stay as true as possible to TD and remember that it's set in the 90's.

Edit: About the Commando, I think it would be cool if the GDI commando had the sleeved shirt and the Nod commando had the sleeveless shirt? Just a though.

Edited by Nod Guy

Here are the newest concepts. We've changed some of the details for a few of the characters, and we've updated the camouflage for all of the units as well. We also had to make a new Minigunner concept to accommodate the change in camouflage. Let me know what you guys think about all of this and give me any suggestions you have for making the concepts more true to their TD counterparts.

EDIT: I just noticed the GDI Minigunner has black straps and pouches. I'll get that corrected ASAP.

post-6766-0-22501500-1424538994_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-74739200-1424539002_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-26176000-1424539010_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-69418400-1424539016_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-56719300-1424539024_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-70603900-1424539032_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-03832800-1424539040_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-05910900-1424538928_thumb.jp

Edited by Bfranx

Here's a third version of the Commando along with the Minigunner with updated strap colors and a version of the Engineer with updated proportions. I need you guys to let me know which version of the Command you prefer.

post-6766-0-71268600-1424968805_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-90131600-1424969038_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-90565000-1424968820_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bfranx

The Nod commando sunglasses still look like sleep-glasses. Can that be changed please?

Well they're supposed to look like the goggles on the box art. We might have to change up the coloring a bit.

EDIT: Alternatively, you can cast your vote for a version of the Commando that doesn't have the goggles at all.

post-6766-0-62641500-1424976130.jpg

Edited by Bfranx

The Nod commando sunglasses still look like sleep-glasses. Can that be changed please?

Well they're supposed to look like the goggles on the box art. We might have to change up the coloring a bit.

Personally, I think yellow lenses like on the box art would fit well. Keep up the good work man.

Hey Bfranx -

Why have you not switched over to Unreal 4 yet?

Just curious :)

We're trying to decide between UE4 and Source 2, that's why we haven't fully committed to one or the other.

Shot you a PM on the matter. That said there is lots of really cool stuff coming down the pipe for Unreal 4.

If you want a game engine that goes above and beyond your expectations go with unreal 4.

My 2 cents :)

Plus, Steam can handle user-created content, server browsing, hosting, statistics, advertisement, and so much more. And it is not an exclusive deal, so you can continue to sell it where you want to. 30% non-exclusive for the stuff steam offers seems like a bargain to me.

It might be worthwhile to start learning modelling yourself? Ever since i joined these communities around 3 months ago it made me wanna learn how to make games... so thats what i did, i've spent a gruelling, eye watering cramp inducing amount of time trying to learn how to model and texture... and guess what i suck as much as you would imagine someone would after 3 months... BUT i am making steady progress, and that drives me forward...

If you learn had started learning these things 5 years ago, you'd probably be as good as AircraftKiller by now...

Just a thought :)

Edited by Shnappz

It might be worthwhile to start learning modelling yourself? Ever since i joined these communities around 3 months ago it made me wanna learn how to make games... so thats what i did, i've spent a gruelling, eye watering cramp inducing amount of time trying to learn how to model and texture... and guess what i suck as much as you would imagine someone would after 3 months... BUT i am making steady progress, and that drives me forward...

If you learn had started learning these things 5 years ago, you'd probably be as good as AircraftKiller by now...

Just a thought :)

There was a time early in development when I was trying to learn how to create 3D models, but now that I'm in college and trying to make preparations for applying to medical school I simply don't have the time.

Looking back on it I should have been more dedicated when I was trying to figure it out, as it would have greatly helped my situation. But there's very little that I can do about it now.

Edited by Bfranx